Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Enhanced Flight Status msg to Inform Passengers on Delays (now mostly systemwide?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Enhanced Flight Status msg to Inform Passengers on Delays (now mostly systemwide?)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2018, 6:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Silver
So far it does not seem to be UX flights, only UA mainline. Either that or they forgot to do it for 3 flights ex-IAH today that I saw.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by chermorg
So far it does not seem to be UX flights, only UA mainline. Either that or they forgot to do it for 3 flights ex-IAH today that I saw.
The UAX carriers have their own ops centers so I wouldn’t expect this data to be incorporated until after this is rolled out for all mainline flights.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Has the pilot program at IAH ended already? On board the delayed UA721 IAH-MIA waiting for MX to placard a bin inop and write it up the books, but the website is giving this BS despite all crew on board:

Old Feb 5, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by mduell
Has the pilot program at IAH ended already? On board the delayed UA721 IAH-MIA waiting for MX to placard a bin inop and write it up the books, but the website is giving this BS despite all crew on board:
IIRC it's only when the delay is more than an hour.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 2:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Did some research for you. The pilots were there on time, your F/A's came in 2:33 late from another flight - so yes the inbound crew was late. Not really BS in this case.

Most likely the late arriving F/A's discovered the broken overhead bin while performing preflight checks or during boarding thus the late call to maintenance. Had the inflight crew arrived as scheduled, its a safe bet this minor MX issue would have been resolved well before you ever step foot on the aircraft.
wavid likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Hmm, first touch vs last touch issue.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 4:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Hmm, first touch vs last touch issue.
Exactly!
Old Feb 5, 2018, 7:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by clubord
Did some research for you. The pilots were there on time, your F/A's came in 2:33 late from another flight - so yes the inbound crew was late. Not really BS in this case.

Most likely the late arriving F/A's discovered the broken overhead bin while performing preflight checks or during boarding thus the late call to maintenance. Had the inflight crew arrived as scheduled, its a safe bet this minor MX issue would have been resolved well before you ever step foot on the aircraft.
This seems to be exactly the type of instance this trial (and hopefully full release eventually) will prevent. A simple few sentences such as "We're sorry for the delay. Your flight attendants were delayed on their prior flight from X, and when they got here, they discovered a broken overhead bin during their pre-flight safety checks. We are waiting for maintenance to rectify this issue so we can ensure a safe flight for you, and expect you will depart by YY:YY. Thanks for your patience" - this type of explanation makes more sense than saying the flight's delayed "due to late inbound crew" when the crew has already arrived and there's a secondary issue that cropped up.
Old May 14, 2018, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question Checked In: Reservation Changed - but nothing is changed

My flight today is delayed due to inbound aircraft from ORD (WX). On my united.com main page, it says in the Check-In Box:

Checked In: Reservation Changed
Flight Delay

You are confirmed on both your original flight and a later flight in case you miss you connection.

but it looks like my PNR has not been changed. If I click on the View Updated Reservation Details under the box, it actually displays a box for me to put in the name and locator briefly then it displays the same box as above again.

It seems maybe the system is testing the condition based on the flight, not the actual change in the PNR? Anyone else seeing this?
Old May 14, 2018, 11:49 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Are you departing from IAH? or PHX?
Old May 14, 2018, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, one of the two.... So, there was something about them trying something, right?
Old Jun 2, 2018, 5:45 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
1st time I have seen this

A detailed description of the delay and what they have done to resolve it. Color me impressed. The UA app is by far my favorite airline app.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 2, 2018 at 3:16 pm Reason: moved to exisiting thread
Old Jun 2, 2018, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Brandinho1

A detailed description of the delay and what they have done to resolve it. Color me impressed. The UA app is by far my favorite airline app.

Funny thing I can imagine a computer generated voice announcing this.... I wonder if the description is computer generated or someone typed in all this.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 6:24 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by username
Funny thing I can imagine a computer generated voice announcing this.... I wonder if the description is computer generated or someone typed in all this.
To turn this on, systemwide and assuming it may only be used on 1 hour or more delayed flights ( so, middle single digit percentage of flights -- would still be hundreds of flights, and many more on bad wx irrops) this probably going to be mostly computer generated with temptales and some human oversight for worst case situations.

And earlier post, has a similiar tone --- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29375603-post30.html
Old Jul 1, 2018, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
An actual informative flight status update

We are flying ORD->AMS in August, so I've been stalking the seat maps to see how often a flight with Polaris Seats are actually being used. I just looked at tonights flight and saw it was delayed and had the following status message.

"Status: Unfortunately your inbound plane has been diverted to Detroit. We have reassigned your flight a new plane in order to enable the earliest departure time. Please be sure to check your flight status on the United app or at united.com/flightstatus."

An actual message that gives you information of a useful manner.

Now the next question of course, if why did the inbound end up in Detriot? Weather most likely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.