Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

TAP (TP) award booking experiences using United miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TAP (TP) award booking experiences using United miles

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: United
I've also had issues with TAP recently - I found a pretty ...... deal on business class routing IAD>EWR>LIS and back for 1Q19. My first booking on United's site just sat there for more than 24 hours without being ticketed... so I tried it again and it was immediately ticketed. I got a notification two weeks later that TAP just straight up cancelled half the flights on my itinerary. Because of the cancellation, United ended up giving me much better routing (IAD>LIS) on United metal to boot! When I looked at booking, that seat was easily 2.5x what I paid for my initial routing.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 2:45 pm
formerly skyccord

Programs: United Premier Platinum, Hertz President Circle, Marriott/SPG Premier Plat Elite, Avis Preferred
This is beyond frustrating. I can only imagine.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA 1k
I have a similar problem trying to book intra-Europe around Christmas. Multiple flights are available online but return the rapidly changing availability message. This has been going on for a week so not that rapid.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 3:49 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Other award search issues are being reported in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...-find-any.html
Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:15 am

Why no TAP flights available to book on United awards this summer? I need to book from Cincinnati area to Lisbon for late June and late August. TAP Portugal partner flights are not showing up on United for award or even cash purchase so far and usually they are by this time, I know from booking in years past. I know TAP has announced a major expansion of US origination cities. Does anyone know if something changing with their United alliance?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:30 pm

Programs: ual
unable to book TAP using UAL miles

I can book my flight within Portugal using $$$ but not using UAL miles, despite choosing any date at all. A call to United resulted in their statement that there is a problem with coordination of TAP and UAL computers documented since Dec 7, 2018, unresolved as of yesterday, However, my son has booked this same flight way back in September to take place the same month I want to book (May 2019). Is his already ticketed and confirmed reservation still valid???
Any info on his booking or my inability to make my booking will be much appreciated!
Thanks.
Tizzette likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:42 pm

Anybody else having trouble finding TAP award flights on the United website?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by krdirect
Is his already ticketed and confirmed reservation still valid???
but of course it is ...
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by Tizzette
Yup... It has been broken for a while, I just sent another e-mail to the 1kvoice as it is quite annoying, I fly a lot to LIS and not having the TP award inventory removes a lot of the options into there...
Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Tizzette
when TP announces SFO service, I ran to grab an award in C. It was available on their site. But the United website would not show it. I called United and they shared the info from above – that the system has been broken.

I thought about purchasing the relatively low one-way business-class fare for about $1500, but I decided to wait it out.

now, the lower business class is sold out and it is about $2200. It’s also not available as an award on the tap website
Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by zrs70

when TP announces SFO service, I ran to grab an award in C. It was available on their site. But the United website would not show it. I called United and they shared the info from above – that the system has been broken.

I thought about purchasing the relatively low one-way business-class fare for about $1500, but I decided to wait it out.

now, the lower business class is sold out and it is about $2200. It’s also not available as an award on the tap website
I actually managed to grab some seats on that non-stop but took some work to force it through, it ticketed successfully on 016 and reservation looks clear on TP website too, i even chose seats, but it took a ton of tries until it stuck.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Writing this from Lisbon now.
I went through hell in mid-November trying to buy a ticket using GPUs to somewhere in Europe and connecting to Lisbon. Was on for hours with UA trying to fix this with 3 different tickets purchased and then cancelled because TP would not confirm the segments. I can’t remember all the details other than the final supervisor I spoke to just said “TAP is not playing nice”
Finally I gave up and ended flying via MUC/FRA to connect with LH.
narvik and mrt88 like this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: United GS; AA EXP; Marriott Ambassador
Wow... had a similar issue before with TP and moved on. Now I know why...
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:43 pm

I am having the same problem now

Hi All,

I know this thread is slightly stale but I am seeing the same problem. TAP has plenty of availability in J in September from EWR to LIS, and I can see that availability with other carriers - Aeroplan, Avianca as well as Expert Flyer, but nothing on United.

Has anyone tried calling to get United to check with TAP and book?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 4:47 pm

I got confirmation from 1kvoice that they were having some "technical" problems (that they blamed on TP), and that they pulled all TP award availability from the UA system. Quite frustrating... I actually do think this could be UA not wanting as many redemptions happening on TP as they'd have to pay TP for it, vs. charging ridiculous standard award prices on their own metal.

Haven't tried booking over the phone this time, but a few months ago I did have a Rep who when I pressed them said they were able to see it on "compass" or something along those lines, but not on their other system. Wasn't able to book in the end though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.