Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Real Premium Economy is Coming [Update: UA studying "Real" Prem Y in domestic market]

Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
UA has started installing Premium Plus / Premium Economy seats in 772s and 773s. Other long haul aircraft will also be receiving these new seats.
For 77x it is a 2-4-2 (vs economy 3-4-3) with 3 rows - 24 seats
For 76x it is believe it will be 2-2-2 (vs 2-3-2) with 3 rows ( and maybe a partial row) - 22 seats
For 78x it is believed it will be 2-3-2 (vs 3-3-3) with 3 rows - 21 seats

UA has not yet started selling this new cabin but has restructured its fare class -- which appears to be in preparation of selling the new cabin (and removed 3-class F)

In the meantime, the Premium Plus cabin is being treated as an extension of E+ and those with E+ access can select the new seats.
In many cases UA is initially using an interim seat maps, such as https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1926142-interim-772-seat-map-polaris-potentially-premium-economy-2018-a.html
Things start to firm up about 2 days prior but last minute changes can happen

Print Wikipost

Real Premium Economy is Coming [Update: UA studying "Real" Prem Y in domestic market]

Old Jan 18, 2018, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

From

Last edited by J.Edward; Mar 13, 2018 at 12:13 pm Reason: Update title with recent devolopments.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by ual744777sta
From Twitter
Wasn't polaris coming a couple years ago?
Old Jan 18, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
Wasn't polaris coming a couple years ago?
I write often to a friend at UA and just this morning asked when UA would be matching AA’s PE product. He emailed me a few seconds ago;

Introducing United® Premium Plus
International premium economy is coming.

Later this year, we’ll begin to introduce United’s Premium Plus. Available on select international flights, United® Premium Plus will give you more space, comfort and amenities. The seats will be more spacious and you’ll enjoy upgraded dining on china dinnerware, free alcoholic beverages, a Saks Fifth Avenue blanket and pillow, an amenity kit and more.

Finally there’s a place for my useless GPU’s to be used but unfortunately this probably spells the end of upgrades to C.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 12:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Silver
Honestly, I like this, but I worry this will go the same way as BE did in that it’ll result in me wanting to pay more for more features again :P
Old Jan 18, 2018, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by tryathlete

I write often to a friend at UA and just this morning asked when UA would be matching AA’s PE product. He emailed me a few seconds ago;

Later this year, we’ll begin to introduce United’s Premium Plus. Available on select international flights, United® Premium Plus will give you more space, comfort and amenities. The seats will be more spacious and you’ll enjoy upgraded dining on china dinnerware, free alcoholic beverages, a Saks Fifth Avenue blanket and pillow, an amenity kit and more.

Finally there’s a place for my useless GPU’s to be used but unfortunately this probably spells the end of upgrades to C.
It’s the introduction of business class - all over again!
nnn, In2ishn, PVDProf and 8 others like this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler

sounds good....I look forward to enjoying it for my wife and my yearly trip to Paris, probably around year 2022.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Maybe they'll just give up on Polaris and move to Premium Plus on some flights? Many flights? Most flights?
Old Jan 18, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt

Welp, I’m going to guess that cheap P fares on TPACs will no longer book into C, but rather PE.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 12:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ual744777sta
From Twitter
Hehe....he got the tip from me.

Old Jan 18, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
Has there been any official announcement from UA on this? Also with all the Polaris Mods going on fleet wide, how can they manage another line? I'll be very interested to see what routes and planes are slated to get these, if it ever comes true.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
Yes, thank you. I didn't know your FT handle. All credit goes to sbm12.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 12:41 pm

One positive, is this might allow MP redemption for Premium Econ on other Star Partners, LH, NH, SQ, NZ?
Old Jan 18, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
The estimable sbm12 has a writeup sourcing this news to "what appears to be an internal company memo" and noting that UA is going to have to roll this out quickly, unlike Polaris. (Having a new PE and old C on the same plane would be weird but also seems completely plausible.) No information on pricing or upgrade options. UA Insider, please come to the white courtesy phone...
Old Jan 18, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by airzim
One positive, is this might allow MP redemption for Premium Econ on other Star Partners, LH, NH, SQ, NZ?
But what if it is at today's rate for Business class?
Toshbaf likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
The Son of Barcalounger/Skysled!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.