Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Consolidated Compensation Thread [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Consolidated Compensation Thread [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2019, 5:31 am

Programs: United GS; AA EXP; Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Celticfrost
As a result, United are offering $200 certificate only but not air miles.
If you prefer united miles, you can request united miles instead by calling or writing to customer service and providing your mileageplus number. (I think having no mileageplus # associated with your trip is the reason why you were only given certificate but no miles as alternative.)

I don't think that they can credit miles to your aeroplan account instead, but you may ask.
Old May 5, 2019, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/GS, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Today, 10 minutes before boarding was to start, United cancelled UX 4384 ORD-PWM due to what the app called “a crew scheduling issue”. I asked a Club agent and she was told that a crew member didn’t show.

I was surprised they would cancel for this, rather than delay and re-juggle crew. Thoughts?

I was put on the next flight, which leaves 4+ hours later. Am curious whether anyone would consider asking for some miles or something here for the inconvenience, since this was neither weather nor mechanical, or whether that would be inappropriate.
Old May 5, 2019, 4:03 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rowenb
..... Am curious whether anyone would consider asking for some miles or something here for the inconvenience, since this was neither weather nor mechanical, or whether that would be inappropriate.
Yes most definitely a UA controllable event
Old May 5, 2019, 4:55 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Customer Care wrote back and generated an ETC at the upper end of my crystal ball -- no offer for out-of-pocket reimbursement, etc. -- not that I'm surprised or disappointed. The "sorry for the inconvenience but it's better than crashing" tone was a little strange but que sera, sera. I'm less dissatisfied.
Final update: UA Passenger Refunds just confirmed a refund to the form of payment for the unflown ORD-CLE segment...value of the refunded segment turned out to be slightly more than what I paid for the rental car. Was expecting a refund but wasn't expecting them to ascribe that much of the ticket cost to that segment. So all in all, aside from loosing a few hours of time between that and the ETC I'm much happier about the way things were handled.
Old May 6, 2019, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/GS, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Yes most definitely a UA controllable event
Thanks for the input. Reached out by email and got a $125 ETC offer, which seems fair.
Old May 8, 2019, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Got $100 for WiFi being completely inop--the unitedwifi.com home page wouldn't even load--on an EWR-SFO flight after sending a polite note to 1KVoice.
Old May 9, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by DCA writer
Got $100 for WiFi being completely inop--the unitedwifi.com home page wouldn't even load--on an EWR-SFO flight after sending a polite note to 1KVoice.
Surprising ... I was comped $250 for broken wifi on SFO-MCO last year... proactively... and as a 1K at that time. Wonder why there is such a disparity in compensation. Just curious... do you have the wifi subscription? I have had it for a year... maybe they comp us better if that's the case...? Thoughts?
Old May 9, 2019, 12:49 pm

Flew IAD to SFO and the DirecTV was down essentially the whole flight (searching for satellite). Received $200 ETC as gold.
Old May 11, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Originally Posted by jjmoore
Surprising ... I was comped $250 for broken wifi on SFO-MCO last year... proactively... and as a 1K at that time. Wonder why there is such a disparity in compensation. Just curious... do you have the wifi subscription? I have had it for a year... maybe they comp us better if that's the case...? Thoughts?
Nope, no subscription, and I don't even buy the WiFi all that often. Your higher compensation seems fair to me.
Old May 12, 2019, 12:20 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
$500 travel certificate for a broken business seat EWR-SFO. The FAs really tried to keep me comfortable by building a legrest out of a carryon and padded with quilts and a pillow and then manually put the seat in the lay flat position later.
Old May 16, 2019, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Well no WiFi or Entertainment system on a delayed SFO-IAD yesterday. Emailed CC will see what happens. In the past I have never gotten anything near some of the numbers I have seen posted above.
Old May 16, 2019, 3:40 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by nomad420
Well no WiFi or Entertainment system on a delayed SFO-IAD yesterday. Emailed CC will see what happens. In the past I have never gotten anything near some of the numbers I have seen posted above.
Some of the numbers I have seen here are unbelievable. When I contact GS, they may give me a voucher for $25 or 50, but nothing near what I have seen here. I'd be curious as to what they give you.
Old May 17, 2019, 1:09 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Offered $200 or 10K miles for a 5.5-hour delay on EWR-SFO. Added that as one last thing to gripe about in my email to 1kvoice...that is absolutely insulting to me.
Old May 17, 2019, 6:45 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Offered $200 or 10K miles for a 5.5-hour delay on EWR-SFO. Added that as one last thing to gripe about in my email to 1kvoice...that is absolutely insulting to me.
Considering they offer 1K more for broken entertainment on that flight, yes that's insulting. Hopefully you didn't miss an int'l connection as a result.
Old May 17, 2019, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
3 hour delay on OTH (North Bend OR)-SFO which misconnected to SFO-LAX. Arrived LAX 3.5 hours late.
$150 ETC for each of 3 non status pax

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.