Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Consolidated Compensation Thread [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Consolidated Compensation Thread [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:55 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
One of my United reservations shows a flight rescheduled for 20 minutes later, “Review and accept the changes.” I have no reason to believe I can benefit from it in any way. Would you agree?
Old Mar 16, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: United GS; AA EXP; Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by vanillabean
One of my United reservations shows a flight rescheduled for 20 minutes later, “Review and accept the changes.” I have no reason to believe I can benefit from it in any way. Would you agree?
Unless it leaves too little time for connection, unfortunately you don’t have any option other than accepting the new schedule. :-(
Old Mar 16, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: UK Silver, UA Gold
Diversion to MUC

UA49 diverted to Munich due to airspace issues - offered 200$ etc / 10k miles as Platinum.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
I had a $20 voucher and barely hit $10 with tax and the clerk was practically begging me to add things ("How about another soda? More pretzels? Another dipping sauce?") and wanted to make absolutely sure I understood that it was a single use thing.
I have had similar experiences (not there) where they added extra (i.e. not provided) items to the order to get it up to $20. The vendors know the system.

Last edited by Miles Ahead; Mar 17, 2019 at 10:31 am
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vanillabean
What benefit are you hoping to achieve?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by Miles Ahead
I have had similar experiences (not there) where they added extra (i.e. not provided) items to the order to get it up to $20. The vendors know the syhstem.
I almost always load these onto my Starbucks card via the app... unless I know for sure I can use the entire thing at a restaurant at the airport.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA GS
a couple weeks ago my layflat was broken, no IFE, and no WIFI for a flight from EWR to SFO. Received offer for $300 ETC or 15K miles.

One quick question: Is there any typical compensation for major delays caused by weather (i.e., 13+ hrs)? Was recently on a flight that was delayed for 8 hours before being cancelled due to weather and crew timeout

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 18, 2019 at 2:53 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Mar 17, 2019, 5:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tipitai
One quick question: Is there any typical compensation for major delays caused by weather (i.e., 13+ hrs)? Was recently on a flight that was delayed for 8 hours before being cancelled due to weather and crew timeout
If you're still UA GS, I believe United will pay for a hotel in such situations for GS and 1K. Otherwise, no, unless it was an international flight and you have Star Alliance status.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 8:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by tipitai
Is there any typical compensation for major delays caused by weather (i.e., 13+ hrs)? Was recently on a flight that was delayed for 8 hours before being cancelled due to weather and crew timeout
Weather is not compensable.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:51 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Likely didn't pursue a recent complaint in the best possible way:
- used the online form, not 1kvoice email
- addressed three separate issues into one complaint (three separate flights: no WiFi, no E food loaded on 5hr flight, no Pajamas)

Received 15000 miles compensation.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:11 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
6 hour MX delay turned my 6PM LAX > ORD flight last week into a proper red-eye. Landed to a customer care e-mail offering $150 or 10,000 miles, took the e-cert. GS on a C fare. I was actually surprised that they didn't blame this on WX as the original inbound flight was delayed out of DEN which is what caused them to swap to an SFO inbound bird that ended up with the MX issue which required the swap to year another aircraft.

Last edited by LIH; Mar 18, 2019 at 7:22 am
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:02 am

Had cancelation due to WX, but United unable to rebook me on a flight as this was a weekend trip:

Here was my original Itinerary
3/15 BUF-EWR 2:30P-4:05P
3/17 EWR-BUF 6:45P-8:10P

At 7:30P on 3/15, United canceled my flight and the next flight that evening BUF-EWR. Although they had flights on Saturday, they could not rebook me until Sunday morning, nor could they book me on another airline, say into LGA or JFK. The earliest they could book me was 9:30A BUF-EWR, which made little sense as I had the flight above and had to be in Buffalo for Monday morning.

While I am not entitled to compensation due to WX, would I be entitled since they could not re-book me?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LarrySinNJ
While I am not entitled to compensation due to WX, would I be entitled since they could not re-book me?
Nope; just a refund. You can always ask, but expect to be told no.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:02 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LarrySinNJ
As a GS on a D fare SNA > DEN last week which was cancelled due to WX without any alternative booking that would save the trip from being in vein I was given... a refund. Wouldn't expect compensation. GS agent on the phone even gave me some attitude "it's weather?! what do you want me to do!?".
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by LIH
6 hour MX delay turned my 6PM LAX > ORD flight last week into a proper red-eye. Landed to a customer care e-mail offering $150 or 10,000 miles, took the e-cert. GS on a C fare. I was actually surprised that they didn't blame this on WX as the original inbound flight was delayed out of DEN which is what caused them to swap to an SFO inbound bird that ended up with the MX issue which required the swap to year another aircraft.
That's an odd choice, usually they value the miles at 2 cents each, such that it would be $150 or 7500 miles, $200 or 10k miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.