Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Consolidated Compensation Thread [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Consolidated Compensation Thread [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite
BOS-SFO last Wednesday my seat mate and I got our devices stuck in the "activation" stage for WIFI and unable to get online - also charged 3X. Offered 10,000 miles or $250 cert from FA...really generous in my humble opinion (took the cert and WIFI refunds).
Old Mar 14, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by Sterndogg
Offered 10,000 miles or $250 cert
Strange...I thought the offering was always a 2 cpm ratio ($50 ETC = 2,500 miles, $300 ETC = 15,000 miles, etc). Are you sure your numbers are correct?
Old Mar 14, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by mpiotrow
Strange...I thought the offering was always a 2 cpm ratio ($50 ETC = 2,500 miles, $300 ETC = 15,000 miles, etc). Are you sure your numbers are correct?
Yeah 10k or $250 for this situation.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: WN A-list., Marriott Plat, National EX, UA Silver
My first flight was delayed an hour and this caused me to miss my connecting flight (I was told it was from a mechanical issue earlier in the day). On the connection fight (4 hours) the wifi was not working and the FA told me they had been having problems with it. So instead of landing at 5:48pm I landed at 9:43pm (about 4 hours late). They did give a $20 food voucher.

Anyone think I have a chance of getting compensation from United?
Old Mar 15, 2018, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flyguy6
My first flight was delayed an hour and this caused me to miss my connecting flight (I was told it was from a mechanical issue earlier in the day). On the connection fight (4 hours) the wifi was not working and the FA told me they had been having problems with it. So instead of landing at 5:48pm I landed at 9:43pm (about 4 hours late). They did give a $20 food voucher.

Anyone think I have a chance of getting compensation from United?
Yes - for the inoperative wi fi. If you emphasize the wi fi problem, you are likely to succeed. If you emphasize the delay, it depends if you arrived > 4 hours late. it looks like you are on the wrong side of a 4 hour delay.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 5:04 pm

Programs: WN A-list., Marriott Plat, National EX, UA Silver
Originally Posted by transportprof
Yes - for the inoperative wi fi. If you emphasize the wi fi problem, you are likely to succeed. If you emphasize the delay, it depends if you arrived > 4 hours late. it looks like you are on the wrong side of a 4 hour delay.
Ok good point I'll focus on the wifi problems. I'll update my post with what happens. Thanks.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 7:24 pm

Any sense of timing for ETC arrival? I had wifi issues, and the FA was super helpful - as we were getting close to landing, she came over with her phone and proactively offered me a ETC. It seemed like she had some trouble (go figure) getting it to submit, but it appeared to go through. It's been ~48 hours and no email yet. How long does it usually take? Who should I contact? Thanks!
Old Mar 16, 2018, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by adams828
Any sense of timing for ETC arrival? I had wifi issues, and the FA was super helpful - as we were getting close to landing, she came over with her phone and proactively offered me a ETC. It seemed like she had some trouble (go figure) getting it to submit, but it appeared to go through. It's been ~48 hours and no email yet. How long does it usually take? Who should I contact? Thanks!
if the flight didn't have Wi-Fi perhaps the flight attendants phone didn't transmit. If that's the case, I would just write in on the contact form in and let them know what happened. Otherwise, the Certs typically come a day after they are requested
Old Mar 17, 2018, 7:17 pm

Flight delayed 24 hours no hotel offered . Worth a write in to them correct? How do you word the email?
Old Mar 17, 2018, 7:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by be001
Flight delayed 24 hours no hotel offered . Worth a write in to them correct? How do you word the email?
What was the cause of the delay? If it was weather, no hotel is due. If mechanical (or other circumstances in UA's control), just book the hotel and send them the bill.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 7:33 pm

Mechanical. Chase cc insurance should cover my hotel and food . But surprised no email offering compensation (we landed 2 hours ago)
Old Mar 17, 2018, 7:36 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by be001
surprised no email offering compensation (we landed 2 hours ago)
The proactive emails are the exception, not the rule. I've only gotten maybe two or three of them in the past three hundred thousand miles or so.

Send a complaint to customer care via the webform. https://www.united.com/web/en-us/con...lt.aspx?POS=US
Old Mar 18, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
My wife was on the EWR to LAX flight 1244 On 3/16. After two hours trying to fix the reverse thruster, the plane was de-boarded. Finally found another plane. Total delay was 3 1/2 hours. Any idea what type of compensation is due?
Old Mar 18, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by milesmilesmiles
My wife was on the EWR to LAX flight 1244 On 3/16. After two hours trying to fix the reverse thruster, the plane was de-boarded. Finally found another plane. Total delay was 3 1/2 hours. Any idea what type of compensation is due?
If I had to guess, I would say that her chance of any compensation is close to 0. Delays of <4 hours don't normally come with any compensation, according to other experiences in this thread.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by milesmilesmiles
Nothing "due" in the sense of a contractual entitlement, but there's a reasonable chance (maybe 50-50) she'll get a miles/e-cert offer if she sends a complaint to customer care. Amount would depend on status.

IME 4 hours is not a hard cut-off, especially on ps, where UA is more generous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.