Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Empty F seats even with CPU [2015 forward]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 23, 2015, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Empty F seats even with CPU [2015 forward]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2017, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA, AA, HH
Originally Posted by jjmoore
Write into UA customer care and have them look into it. Likely you will get a gesture of goodwill from UA (unless the seat was broken).
Update: I did write to UA and got a warm surprise in the mail. Got an electronic travel cert for $250. (I've received $100, $150 in the past, but $250 is a first). Thanks for the suggestion.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by rowenb
About to take off on UA 5594, LAX-MSP. E175. F is only 5/12 full with upgrade list cleared, while E is packed.
Pretty standard for the route - I once saw it go out with 7 op-ups.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 5:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
I flew IAD-LGA on Labor Day on a CR7 which went out with one empty seat in F and several on the CPU list.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
IAD-RDU yesterday night (6180) went out more than half empty in F. I believe 4 UG, 1 op-up, and no paying pax. First time I've seen this on what can often be quite an elite-intensive route.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titan., Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres
5 empty seats as we're closing the door on ORD-BHM on an EMB175 on Sunday night. Showing 4 upgraded on the app and no waitlist.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by acader
Update: I did write to UA and got a warm surprise in the mail. Got an electronic travel cert for $250. (I've received $100, $150 in the past, but $250 is a first). Thanks for the suggestion.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 10:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold, DL GM, AS; Marriott and SPG Gold, Hyatt
A few months ago had just me and another guy in F on E175 from CMH to ORD. They had to op up some pax to E+ for W&B, but I have to say it was a bit strange only having 2/12 in F for that short hop.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 4:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titan., Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres
6 open seats on the return BHM-ORD on an EMB175. 4 upgrades, 1 deadhead, 1 probable NRSA (on both lists).
Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Empty Domestic First Cabin!

Looks like UA1773 EWR-PWM A319 went out tonight with zero first class pax. Ya don't see that everyday!

Makes sense considering it's a mid-January Saturday night flight but still, I'm shocked none of the coach pax were nonrevs or elites. Small chance of some elites on BE, of course. Wouldn't that stink?

Anyone seen similar phenomena?
Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by sexykitten7
I'm shocked none of the coach pax were nonrevs or elites.
Some elites could be on award tickets, too.

I qlwo don't know if the seat map necessarily gets updated with gate upgrades, particularly on weekends.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mahasamatman

I qlwo don't know if the seat map necessarily gets updated with gate upgrades, particularly on weekends.
* elites who don't have a MP credit card on award tickets.

I would say that's a surprising number of E+ seats occupied, although I haven't seen the nonrev cleared list, so perhaps not.

I did just fly a redeye midcon with 16/20 F, with several E+ occupied and not that many nonrev, though, so I guess there are a lot of E+ subscriptions.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by mahasamatman

Good point! It's a true 0/8 according to the flight status.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 12:58 am

Programs: united
Did they still keep economy passengers out of the first class lavs?
nnn and tuolumne like this.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 1:28 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by fumje
* elites who don't have a MP credit card on award tickets.
** elites who don't have a MP credit card on award tickets, and who didn't think to ask the GA to add them to the upgrade list.

Twice I've been on award tickets on flights where F wasn't full (ie, more seats free than ppl on the upgrade list), and I've never had a problem getting the GA to add me to the bottom of the list.
nnn and sexykitten7 like this.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 8:30 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
CHS sees the same thing during the winter - never seen a zero cabin, but have seen many times empty seats and upgrade list was all upgraded

Had a funny one last flight - guy traveling with 2 daughters - he was a gold - both daughters no status upgraded but as a gold he got upgraded and one daughter got upgraded, one daughter wasn't

So, he ended up sitting in the back and his daughters sat in FC - I had talked tot hem in the boarding line - so I knew their story. Once boarding door was shut, I told the FA the story. She went and got him and seated him behind his daughters in one of the many empty FC seats

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.