Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Chase Presidential Plus card and UA baggage weight limit

Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite

I'm a UA Silver and just booked an upcoming trip to Florida using the Chase Presidential Plus card. Like the card promises, I get two free bags BUT they're limited to 50 pounds each. Didn't UA increase the weight restrictions to 70 pounds for all premiers last year? Unless someone at UA forgot to update the Presidential Plus waiver, it looks like PP card-holders are being penalized for using the card. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
I had a >50lb bag last month as Silver with a PP card and was not charged anything.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite
Well that's my point: as Silver members, shouldn't we now be allotted 70 pounds instead of 50?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:21 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by My Hellcat Goes Zoom
Well that's my point: as Silver members, shouldn't we now be allotted 70 pounds instead of 50?
Yes but just for the first bag
The Chase bag waiver states "standard bag allowance" , so the second bag should be 50 lbs -- you might get away with 70 lbs but a strict reading it is 50 lbs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.