Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Persistent error in multi city award involving ANA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2018, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

I have had this for a few months, so it looks like a persistent error - whenever I tried to build a multi city award that involves ANA, system will return an error. Not able to replicate the same error with European destinations (of course not involving ANA), so the problem seems only for ANA, not universal in all partners.

Also, if booking a round trip to Japan, the system works just fine - even when ANA was included. So the problem is specific to multi city booking.

A sample itinerary looks like below. Super simple, but simply failed.

Jan 1: SFO-KIX
Jan 10: KIX-NRT
Jan 20: NRT-SFO

Does anybody have the same experience?
Old Jan 12, 2018, 10:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
The only error I get is that there's no inventory available. Not really an error per se.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wlynnw
I have had this for a few months, so it looks like a persistent error - whenever I tried to build a multi city award that involves ANA, system will return an error. Not able to replicate the same error with European destinations (of course not involving ANA), so the problem seems only for ANA, not universal in all partners.

Also, if booking a round trip to Japan, the system works just fine - even when ANA was included. So the problem is specific to multi city booking.

A sample itinerary looks like below. Super simple, but simply failed.

Jan 1: SFO-KIX
Jan 10: KIX-NRT
Jan 20: NRT-SFO

Does anybody have the same experience?
A few things.

1 - If that's your actual itinerary, consider searching for OSA-TYO instead of KIX-NRT. I don't believe ANA actually flies KIX-NRT; they fly KIX-HND, ITM-NRT, and several others, but KIX-NRT award searches seem to involve convoluted connections (e.g. OKA) that aren't likely to come up on a multi-city search.

2 - Multi-city search is pretty terribly broken in general. If you can find availability on each journey searched individually as one-ways (e.g., SFO-KIX, then OSA-TYO, then NRT-SFO), but the multi-city search doesn't work, you should be able to book the itinerary by calling. There should be no miles charged for the middle leg, as that will be your Excursionist Perk.

3 - ANA only allows domestic reservations within a few months of travel, unless you're connecting to an international flight.

Hope this helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.