Wiki Posts
Search

Do Serivce Directors still exist?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2018, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Do Serivce Directors still exist?

I came from the CO side of the merger so I’m not 100% clear but it seems “Service Director” is a pmUA term for a supervisor (or senior GA?) — originally after the merger I heard pages for “SD”/Service Directors to gate XXX at all of the old UA hubs, but I can’t recall the
ast time I heard one at ORD or DEN...but sitting at IAD this afternoon I’ve heard several pages for “SD...Service Director to gate ... SD to gate ....” or “Service Director to gate .... URGENTLY”

Is this still a thing or just old habits die hard? And what does a SD do anyway? Do they exist at pmCO hubs and I’ve just never paid attention? (And thanks to the UC membership and improved morale/agent flexibility I haven’t had to ask for a sup in years so it could just be selection bias)
Old Jan 7, 2018, 3:49 pm

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
SD=lead
lincolnjkc likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA GS
Is that the pmCO customer-facing employee type that wore that red Murphy Brown blazer before the new uniforms?
Old Jan 7, 2018, 4:32 pm

Location: The counter of lost hopes and dreams, and for the creation of new ones in DEN
Programs: MP Rehab... or something like that...
pmUA SD / pmCO Red Coats are called Leads now (as per union contract classification.) They are a step below Supervisor but still an agent who is assigned a certain area to assist with passenger issues, flight issues, and other things. Oh and we wear the dark blue coats or vests now. (or at least supposed to.)
Old Jan 7, 2018, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Coming from the pmUA side, I remember these CO Leads. They came on board with a clipboard and walked around greeting us but seemed to serve no real purpose.
FlyingNone likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by milepig
Coming from the pmUA side, I remember these CO Leads. They came on board with a clipboard and walked around greeting us but seemed to serve no real purpose.
Sounds more like the BF Concierges, which were merged into GS airport staff.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by EWR764
Sounds more like the BF Concierges, which were merged into GS airport staff.
yeah. That’s what I was thinking of.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Thanks all! ^
Originally Posted by CleUnited
Oh and we wear the dark blue coats or vests now. (or at least supposed to.)
And those coats generally much nicer/are more flattering than their predecessors... Certainly helps to explain why "bluecoats" generally seem to be more on top of/efficient with dealing with things too.
FreqFlyerCLE likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 9:21 pm

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
Originally Posted by milepig
-----
I felt the same way at the time of the merger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.