Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines [2018- ]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines [2018- ]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2019, 5:01 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by UAL250
Can't even imagine being that tall. Even with the fame/money, don't think I could ever do it due to situations like this.
I met him at the PEK JW Marriott Concierge Lounge a few years ago. He couldn't stand up in the lounge without hitting the ceiling.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 4:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Gary Cantrell (Lazarus Lake) of Barkley Marathons fame was on my ORD-BNA flight. He was returning home from Europe where he was at a Last Man Standing race modeled after his Big's Backyard Race. Super nice guy and I enjoyed chatting with him on the walk from the gate to baggage. I left as soon as he mentioned lighting a cigarette! (For those who don't know, that's how he starts Barkley.)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barkley_Marathons

There is a video about Barkley here: http://barkleymovie.com/
chrisl137 likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 9:50 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Beloved Character Actress Margo Martindale is on BWI-SFO!
Old Jul 11, 2019, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Ben Carson today SLC-DEN. Was in coach.
onthesam and LIH like this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 6:52 am

July 14th, 2019, Kamala Harris, Senator from California and current Democratic Presidential candidate at PWM (Portland, Maine). Waiting on the same mechanical issues trying to get back to DC as all the rest of us. Only a few people approached her but she seemed very friendly.
riphamilton likes this.

Last edited by Johnson21710; Jul 15, 2019 at 1:26 pm
Old Jul 25, 2019, 4:31 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Cameron Diaz and her husband, lead guitarist of Good Charlotte, are on UA 751 EWR-LAX right now in Polaris.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 7:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Just got back from LAS and thought I would share

I saw Penn and Teller come into the UA lounge in DEN on Saturday (2019-08-24), sat right behind me and the wife.

We all went to the gate at the same time and flew UA 813, DEN-LAS together. Teller had to board first with the passengers requiring more time (he was limping pretty bad, even had to get a wheel chair off after the flight), Penn boarded with group one. Both sat in row 4 of FC a few rows back.

Great flight, was early, which I am sure they were glad as they had a 9:00PM show that night (landed around 2:30 PM)
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: UA
UA1956 IAH LAX

DeAndre Jordan
Old Sep 3, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: UA 1k 1.75 MM
Mikaela Shiffren (pretty sure it was her) checking in at the GS/1K area at DEN last Friday afternoon. She was joking with the agent that she was traveling light that day and usually had "like 6 bags" - all of her ski gear I assume.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 12:27 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by N104UA
ex-VPs only get USSS protection for one year after they leave office.
Just six months, actually, except at the discretion of the discretion of the DHS secretary. It's a year for the widow or widower of a former president.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Amani Toomer (retired NFL WR, formerly of the NY Giants) and his young family were on my flight last night SFOEWR in J. One of my favorite players of the late 90s/early 2000s.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by CMK10
Cameron Diaz and her husband, lead guitarist of Good Charlotte, are on UA 751 EWR-LAX right now in Polaris.
How did they get into the PL on that flight? Must have had an international flight as well or is UA letting celebrities break rules?
Old Sep 3, 2019, 2:22 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
How did they get into the PL on that flight? Must have had an international flight as well or is UA letting celebrities break rules?

I'm pretty sure that CMK10 meant that they are in the Polaris cabin of the airplane, not in the lounge...Since a flight number and routing were given and no mention of the lounge.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
Not sure if this one counts: Saw Oscar at the LAX in n out on my way to the airport.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 2:05 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by onthesam
Not sure if this one counts: Saw Oscar at the LAX in n out on my way to the airport.
I thought he was vegan?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.