Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2018, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
For international flight issues, please use Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2018)

previous domestic delay / cancelled flight report threads
Consolidated cancelled delayed domestic flights [2017]
Consolidated cancelled delayed domestic flights [2016]
Consolidated cancelled delayed domestic flights [2015]
Consolidated cancelled delayed domestic flights [2014]

If you need documentation of delay / cancellation for trip insurance or refunds from hotel / tour / .... operator, try this
Verification letters
Upon request, we can provide a statement of proof that a United flight was delayed or canceled. You may email your request to [email protected]. Be sure to include the names of all customers in your party, confirmation number, flight numbers and dates of travel, phone contact and the email address or mailing address where you would like it sent. Please allow 5-10 business days for processing.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2018]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2018, 4:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
As noted, your flight can't be from RIC-LAX, but could be the IAD connection noted and that has been cancelled due to weather (that information is on the UA website). If you are in or around RIchmond, hopefully you know that the Governor has declared a state of emergency.

With a 5+ hour delay you could certainly have AA rebook you onto DL through ATL or AA through CLT, both of which are southbound, not northbound.

But, to be frank, I would simply rent a car and drive the 90 minutes to IAD and still catch the original flight. It's a straight shot of highway driving. If you want this, make sure you call UA and have them reissue the ticket without that first segment. The later flight to IAD may well be cancelled or delayed as well.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Often1
With a 5+ hour delay you could certainly have AA rebook you onto DL through ATL or AA through CLT, both of which are southbound, not northbound.
I wouldn't say "certainly." Unless OP has high status with UA, they're quite likely to refuse to push the ticket to another airline for a weather delay. However, OP can request a refund a purchase a ticket on another airline if so desired.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

10/112: UA275 & 1872 EWR-LAX both diverted to LAS, arriving at Vegas 9:00 - 10:30; no word on FlightStatus, if/how pax & plane ever made it into LAX (??)
Old Oct 21, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
AVL-EWR delayed 1h40m due to ground stop at EWR due to winds(?). Ugh...talk about an airport where there’s nothing to do airside...
Old Oct 30, 2018, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
UA4055 EWR-DCA 10/30/18 RJ145

Originally to depart 8:35 pm. Delayed 1st due to metered flow into EWR that forced the feeder A/C from SDF to be 2 hrs late departing. Boarded and then started our push back out of the gate when we stopped 'cause the cargo door light went off. Door inspected and then told the plane was MX.

Exited A/C, commandeered a RJ145 arriving from BNA. Finally arrived at DCA to no gate at 11:22 pm officially but had to walk out onto the tarmac and then take the stairs up to next to gate 10. Alll those whose bags were green tagged had to wait at the foot of the stairs going up to 10 for their bags.

David
Old Nov 2, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
So what unforseen circumstances would cause a 9+ hour delay? The inbound flight came in early. If it was crew, mechanical, etc., the new "policy" should specify the cause of the delay.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by wxguy
So what unforseen circumstances would cause a 9+ hour delay? The inbound flight came in early. If it was crew, mechanical, etc., the new "policy" should specify the cause of the delay.
Maybe this is a HNL thing. I had the same “unforeseen circumstance” message from a 25 minute delay departing HNL a last week. It was a mishmash of bag handling and taxi way congestion delays. This is one above is probably the usual mx issues with the 753s.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by slippahs

Maybe this is a HNL thing. I had the same “unforeseen circumstance” message from a 25 minute delay departing HNL a last week. It was a mishmash of bag handling and taxi way congestion delays. This is one above is probably the usual mx issues with the 753s.
UA1745, ORD-SFO, is delayed due to “unforeseen circumstances” as well. I’m on that plane’s turn, UA390 back to ORD. It’s also being flown with a 767 instead of the scheduled 753 (a nice upgrade for those of us in F).
Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by rmadisonwi

UA1745, ORD-SFO, is delayed due to “unforeseen circumstances” as well. I’m on that plane’s turn, UA390 back to ORD. It’s also being flown with a 767 instead of the scheduled 753 (a nice upgrade for those of us in F).
Originally Posted by slippahs

UA1231 (HNL-LAX) has been delayed quite a few times in the last few weeks. The first being on October 7, of course I was scheduled on that flight. I did get a text message early in the morning but decided to head to the airport anyway. Since we got there early, we were lucky in that United got us on a DL flight leaving the same time. I don't understand how this flight could be delayed 8+ hours. The reason that day was required mechanical checks.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
My UA6258 DTW-IAD last night is currently delayed 15 hrs 52 minutes.

Started as a mx delay, to a plane change, to another mx delay, to crew rest. Still hasn't left.

I had to beg a UA gate agent at a different gate (my DTW-IAD wasn't staffed yet) to rebook me on the Air Canada nonstop to Toronto, my final destination. I was told originally "we don't book on other airlines"
Old Dec 7, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, WN CP, Marriott Gold
My wife is in SFO waiting for UA1013 (777-200 Domestic) to Denver. A 3.5 hour MX delay is posted with a message "Our maintenance team needs to service a fluid filter prior to departure". However, the aircraft has been changed to the inbound UA59 from FRA, and the seatmap has updated as well showing a 777-300ER with Polaris business. She's #4 on the first standby list which went from 24-->60 business seats (20 booked), so we're thinking that this delay is going to be a pretty awesome opportunity for her... However, based on the delay message it sounds like they may be trying to fix the original aircraft. Would they have swapped it to the -300ER aircraft if that was the case, or do you think the swap will "stick"?
Old Dec 7, 2018, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP & million miler
Tys-ORD issues due to ATL tracon?

Sorry to post here, but sitting on tarmac in perfectly good weather in TYS and ORD. No word other than "issues" w ATL tracon causing us to sit here. I dont see any news or other info. Anyone aware of whats going on? Thanks-
Old Dec 7, 2018, 5:25 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
There is major weather issues developing / predicted in the Appalachian area -- snow and ice -- but that is not expected until tomorrow
Travel Waiver: Southeast Winter Weather (December 9, 2018 - December 10, 2018)

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 7, 2018 at 5:35 pm
Old Dec 7, 2018, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Nothing on OIS about A80 or even ZTL.

UA flight status says mx
Code:
F TYS/ETD    830P  L02.37  MAINTENANCE
Old Dec 7, 2018, 6:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by DenverF9Flier
However, based on the delay message it sounds like they may be trying to fix the original aircraft. Would they have swapped it to the -300ER aircraft if that was the case, or do you think the swap will "stick"?
Looks like this flight ultimately arrived 3:35 late into DEN, but the 77W did stick. Flight Status shows a full J cabin (and a near empty E+ section). Good day to be a Premier!

It's a creative swap. Has DEN ever seen a UA 77W before?

Note the aircraft is going back to SFO tonight as UA257. 24 more J seats to fill . . . .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.