Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2018, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
For international flight issues, please use Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2018)

previous domestic delay / cancelled flight report threads
Consolidated cancelled delayed domestic flights [2017]
Consolidated cancelled delayed domestic flights [2016]
Consolidated cancelled delayed domestic flights [2015]
Consolidated cancelled delayed domestic flights [2014]

If you need documentation of delay / cancellation for trip insurance or refunds from hotel / tour / .... operator, try this
Verification letters
Upon request, we can provide a statement of proof that a United flight was delayed or canceled. You may email your request to [email protected]. Be sure to include the names of all customers in your party, confirmation number, flight numbers and dates of travel, phone contact and the email address or mailing address where you would like it sent. Please allow 5-10 business days for processing.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2018]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2018, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA Platinum (Lifetime), United GS, HHonors Diamond, Shangri-la Diamond, Marriott Platinum
july 29 UA 415 LAX ---> EWR, 11 hours + late.

originally scheduled to depart 10:36 PM. first, a mechanical delay, with a part arriving on a flight from SFO around midnight... new ETA for departure 2:10 AM. then the crew went illegal and the flight was delayed to 9:45 AM july 30.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: AAdvantage (Gold), DL SM, UA MP (Silver)
UA 2427 752 EWR-DEN is delayed practically everyday. Aircraft maintenance (estimated departure 3:20 late). 1:00 PM-2:54 PM instead of 9:40 AM-11:45 AM.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 5:24 am

UA 2391 from last night (8/1) scheduled departure 7:55PM delayed until 10:30AM this morning, 14h35m late, stated reason severe weather.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA CC
Another great day for United's flights to Hawaii yesterday:
1175 (SFO to HNL) - 90 min delay due to MX (777)
300 (SFO to HNL) - 7 hour 18 min delay due to MX (777) Yeap - delay time was LONGER than the flight time to Oahu
1589 (SFO to HNL) - 2 hour 48 min delay due to "late" inbound aircraft. Real reason is that they swapped inbound to a flight from DEN that was ontime to SFO.

300 and 1589 are chronically late. 300 typically due to MX, 1589 because they swap aircraft / inbound arrives ontime, however wasn't scheduled to be used for that flight.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by kjranabargar
Another great day for United's flights to Hawaii yesterday:
1175 (SFO to HNL) - 90 min delay due to MX (777)
300 (SFO to HNL) - 7 hour 18 min delay due to MX (777) Yeap - delay time was LONGER than the flight time to Oahu
1589 (SFO to HNL) - 2 hour 48 min delay due to "late" inbound aircraft. Real reason is that they swapped inbound to a flight from DEN that was ontime to SFO.

300 and 1589 are chronically late. 300 typically due to MX, 1589 because they swap aircraft / inbound arrives ontime, however wasn't scheduled to be used for that flight.
Wednesday wasn't great either. Friends were on UA 328 DEN-HNL that arrived 8 hours late.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by wrp96
Wednesday wasn't great either. Friends were on UA 328 DEN-HNL that arrived 8 hours late.
they break all the time. Recently BOS-SFO ... coded as 'late inbound aircraft' (was 20 mins late) and 5 ht delay due to maintenance. UA hasn't really gotten their maintenance issues unde control have they?
Old Aug 4, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: UA MM/Gold
I’m on UA 2234 MCO-SFO, scheduled for 9am this morning. Woke up at 5:30 (traveling with a family of 4) and see on my phone I had received a text from United at 2am, that my flight is now delayed 3 hours due to “Operational Difficulties”. I called UA and they said I can show up to the airport for the new/delayed time, but I always am apprehensive about trusting that new time.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 5:22 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kyee
I’m on UA 2234 MCO-SFO, scheduled for 9am this morning. Woke up at 5:30 (traveling with a family of 4) and see on my phone I had received a text from United at 2am, that my flight is now delayed 3 hours due to “Operational Difficulties”. I called UA and they said I can show up to the airport for the new/delayed time, but I always am apprehensive about trusting that new time.
UA apparently fell apart last night due to weather in ORD and possibly elsewhere (per a couple FA friends and my call to reservations for an unrelated issue). Possible you're running into crew rest issues based on late arrivals last night.

Airport agents can certainly (so I assume Res can as well) look at the details for the delay and may be able to advise the probability of it shifting up.

If I were traveling alone I'd be inclined to ask for other options just to keep myself moving (and to not break connections) but if SFO is your final and you're traveling with a final I can ubderunder why it may be easier to roll with the original flight.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 5:30 am

Programs: UA MM/Gold
Yeah, SFO is my final destination. I did look at other flights, but staying with the same delayed flight was still the best option. Letting the kids sleep in a little longer, then heading to MCO to wait.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
East Coast was a mess last night. I made it into IAD last night, but every flight to Newark was either cancelled or significantly delayed.
I am sure it threw some chaos into the system.
good luck today.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 6:27 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite

UA764 LAS-DEN (with onward connection to Europe) delayed six hours at LAS today and still on tarmac. I believe due to tech issues, not sure though.

Rebooked flight with oneworld carrier will leave pax arriving at final destination (London) six hours later than originally booked. Do United offer anything proactively in terms of service recovery for this? Or do the pax just have to sit it out? Can pax at least get some food / drink vouchers for LAS?
Old Aug 4, 2018, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HarryKUK
Rebooked flight with oneworld carrier will leave pax arriving at final destination (London) six hours later than originally booked. Do United offer anything proactively in terms of service recovery for this? Or do the pax just have to sit it out? Can pax at least get some food / drink vouchers for LAS?
They will often offer compensation for MX delays, in the form of an Electronic Travel Credit or MileagePlus miles (pax's choice). You'll generally be directed to access a customer care page, where you will fill out your flight details and get an offer.

I'd expect that they'd have a snack cart already in place. For a food voucher, I would think they'd be giving them out to anyone who asks -- like $10 per pax for anyone except 1K/GS ($20).
Old Aug 4, 2018, 7:04 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by HarryKUK
.... UA764 LAS-DEN (with onward connection to Europe) delayed six hours at LAS today and still on tarmac. ...
If actually on the tarmac, see United Airlines Tarmac Delay Contingency Plan

If passengers are in the terminal or have access to the terminal, UA may bring drinks/snacks to the gate area
Snacks at the gate for delayed flights

EU261 like regs do not exist in the USA
Old Aug 5, 2018, 5:23 am

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
If actually on the tarmac, see United Airlines Tarmac Delay Contingency Plan

If passengers are in the terminal or have access to the terminal, UA may bring drinks/snacks to the gate area
Snacks at the gate for delayed flights

EU261 like regs do not exist in the USA
Thanks - apologies, I meant the plane was on the tarmac, passengers were in the terminal. They were given $20 each. Eventually got rebooked onto a flight departing around 6-7 hours later.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
I notice that tonight's BOS-SFO 8pm run UA558 is cancelled tonight and going MX. This must've been my aircraft flying to SFO tomorrow also, since I was just swapped to a domestic sCO 753. Ugh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.