Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2018, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
For international flight issues, please use Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2018)

previous domestic delay / cancelled flight report threads
Consolidated cancelled delayed domestic flights [2017]
Consolidated cancelled delayed domestic flights [2016]
Consolidated cancelled delayed domestic flights [2015]
Consolidated cancelled delayed domestic flights [2014]

If you need documentation of delay / cancellation for trip insurance or refunds from hotel / tour / .... operator, try this
Verification letters
Upon request, we can provide a statement of proof that a United flight was delayed or canceled. You may email your request to [email protected]. Be sure to include the names of all customers in your party, confirmation number, flight numbers and dates of travel, phone contact and the email address or mailing address where you would like it sent. Please allow 5-10 business days for processing.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2018]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime GS 4mm
UA424 IAD-SFO 752 engine mechanical delay 2.5h

Today delay 2.5h, and last week same flight delay 3h.
Dont know if this particular plane for UA424 is extra stressed.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
yesterday

UA1413 SFO-BOS 752 3hrs late due to aircraft maintenance and replaced with a 753 w/o lie-flat seats!

today

UA319 BOS-SFO 752 replaced with a 753 with regular domestic F

I hope UA provided proper compensation for this screw up; hard to believe they cannot find a decent spare plane in SFO

Last edited by cfischer; Jan 20, 2018 at 4:12 pm Reason: typo
Old Jan 20, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Deep breath before the mayhem begins tomorrow ... Flying DEN-MSP on Monday... going to be exciting to chase Jaxon right through the swath of ground-zero snowfall as it falls.

I suspect DEN is going to be a mess tomorrow through Monday... ORD is likely to be somewhat impacted on Monday as well, though it appears the majority of the snow will be north of there.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 7:09 pm

As usual SFO is under a ground delay program. FAA web site states “RWY-TAXI / OBSTRUCTION”. Does anyone have any insight on what might be going on with runway 28L as I am pretty sure it has not been in use since mid day.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
Originally Posted by altbg
As usual SFO is under a ground delay program. FAA web site states “RWY-TAXI / OBSTRUCTION”. Does anyone have any insight on what might be going on with runway 28L as I am pretty sure it has not been in use since mid day.
I had just woken up and may have misheard but captain on BOS-SFO told us we were slowed down on arrival due to a GDP caused by a "hole they found on the runway". Hoping it was slightly less dramatic/more routine than I immediately interpreted it…
Old Jan 21, 2018, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by sfo789
I had just woken up and may have misheard but captain on BOS-SFO told us we were slowed down on arrival due to a GDP caused by a "hole they found on the runway". Hoping it was slightly less dramatic/more routine than I immediately interpreted it…
That would explain it.

It must be fixed now as we just landed on 28L with an almost 3 hr delay from SAN.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
yesterday

UA242 SFO-BOS 752 3hrs late due to aircraft maintenance and replaced with a 753 (!) again!

therefore today

UA207 SFO-BOS 752 cancelled due to maintenance and replaced by a 753

they got to fix these subs on the 'p.s.' routes.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 10:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by cfischer
yesterday

UA242 SFO-BOS 752 3hrs late due to aircraft maintenance and replaced with a 753 (!) again!

therefore today

UA207 SFO-BOS 752 cancelled due to maintenance and replaced by a 753

they got to fix these subs on the 'p.s.' routes.
That's a significant downgrade. Hopefully some compensation was offered to those sitting in J .... and hopefully without anyone having to ask.

Sounds like this flight needs one more letter between the letters p.s. ....
Old Feb 4, 2018, 8:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Silver
So. Last ERJ45 flight out of IAH tonight, and they’re waiting on a plane that was originally delayed due to MX. It’ll only be an hour delay, but honestly I’m holding out for a plane swap (given UX has seemingly a bajillion ER45 at IAH). If they don’t end up plane swapping and it truly is almost or more than an hour delay, would it be worth complaining about the fact I waited assuming they’d do the plane swap (after a 2 hour layover) and could have actually driven or taken the ground shuttle (bus) for less time at added cost to me?

If its only an hour delay, I may not be unhappy (as long as I’m in bed by midnight all is probably well) but as a college student with class tomorrow anything more and honestly I do feel they need to just swap the plane out. Surely the other 6+ ER45s that will spend the night at B-south aren’t all going through MX overnight?
Old Feb 4, 2018, 8:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
An hour? No.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 8:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by joe_miami
An hour? No.
My issue isn’t the compensation (while it would be nice), it’s more that I’d like the team with the money at stake (the team issuing compensation) to realize that an hour delay for a 20 minute flight when they could’ve changed planes isn’t really acceptable. But I can see how this wouldn’t be a compensation issue, so apologies for cluttering this thread.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:46 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by chermorg
....I waited assuming they’d do the plane swap (after a 2 hour layover) ....
Your assumption, your risk. It seems odd to request compensation based on your assumption and no representation by UA.

...when they could’ve changed planes ....
Again an assumption which may or may not be true. It does seem reasonable if they had the crew, the aircraft and making a change would not create issues further downline, UA would have done something. The fact they did not perhaps means they knew things you did not know.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

(as long as I’m in bed by midnight all is probably well) but as a college student with class tomorrow...
??? Your college experience sounds a lot different than mine was. (Kidding )

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Again an assumption which may or may not be true. It does seem reasonable if they had the crew, the aircraft and making a change would not create issues further downline, UA would have done something. The fact they did not perhaps means they knew things you did not know.
The United Express carriers tend to run a very svelte operation -- it's part of the way that they keep costs low. They may not have any standby crew, and there's an excellent chance that the crew scheduled to work the CLL flight is currently working whatever flight has the inbound MX. In other words, I agree -- if it were as simple as "swap planes," they'd probably already have done it.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jsloan
??? Your college experience sounds a lot different than mine was. (Kidding )

The United Express carriers tend to run a very svelte operation -- it's part of the way that they keep costs low. They may not have any standby crew, and there's an excellent chance that the crew scheduled to work the CLL flight is currently working whatever flight has the inbound MX. In other words, I agree -- if it were as simple as "swap planes," they'd probably already have done it.
BTW, UA3942 ended up arriving 30 minutes late at CLL. It doesn't look like they swapped planes; N12563 is showing as delayed 2 hours and 8 minutes on UA4258, IAH to ELP (scheduled 16:47 arrival, actual 18:55); then, they compressed a scheduled 49 minute turn into 23 minutes, arriving back at IAH as UA4094 1 hour, 34 minutes late (scheduled 20:35, actual 22:09).

However, they'd scheduled a 1 hour, 15 minute turn at IAH. They actually turned it in an impressive 17 minutes, which accounts for the additional hour savings and the eventual 30 minute delay into CLL.

OP: as a rule of thumb, I figure 20-25 minutes to turn an RJ, 35-45 minutes to turn a 737/A320, and about an hour to turn a widebody, assuming they don't need to tow it from gate to gate or anything.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 3:51 pm

Anyone know what happened to UA675 ORD-DEN today? Diverted to MSP and is finally enroute to DEN to arrive 7 hours late.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.