Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't reach an agent

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Can't reach an agent

I'm in the middle of a trip and had a flight cancelled leaving me stranded for 2 days. I've found availability with AA, but I can't reach an agent with reservations. When I call I get dumped with a message saying they can't connect due to high call volume. Any ideas on how to at least force a spot in the queue? I've been trying for hours and realize the storms impacting the east coast, but I'd like to snag these seats before they're gone. Unfortunately I'm a GM this year.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:19 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Do you have a twitter account? Or Facebook?

UA had a "call back" system inherited from CO but they dropped it last year.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:44 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Do you have a twitter account? Or Facebook?

UA had a "call back" system inherited from CO but they dropped it last year.
Actually I was offered a call back today! "Your estimated wait time is 7 minutes. To receive a call back..."
Old Jan 3, 2018, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

I ended up tweeting, thanks. Looks like they've got about 2 hours of backlog based on their other responses

I was able to get into the queue by trying to change the reservation instead of just asking for an agent... But my wifi is spotty and the wifi call dropped after 35 minutes so to the end of the queue I go.

Twitter seems to be my only hope.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 10:33 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sexykitten7
Actually I was offered a call back today! "Your estimated wait time is 7 minutes. To receive a call back..."
There was a specific method with a web app to request a call back without actually calling. It is no longer available.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 12:27 am

I got a callback today from AA after 90 mins. I had long left my house, gone to work and forgot about the call, didn't have the documents I needed and now I'm back to the queue. But at least i wasn't waiting on hold. And I have to say, I'm glad I left AA and came to UA. The AA phone rep was horrid.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 1:07 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
There was a specific method with a web app to request a call back without actually calling. It is no longer available.
Oh. That's too bad!
Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott, Delta, United, AA
I would still reach out on Facebook, Twitter but everyone is doing that this storm. Works better for CS issues when there is not a major issue.

People on here often forget how hard it can be to reach the legacies when you are not an eli

For Elite​​s it is still often tough too, but general people get to call back later recording often in these situations. With the flights all so full, the issues are becoming more frequent as there is nothing to rebook people on like there use to be. Flying four or five days later is often said to general fliers. It's really sad sometimes how people are treated at the airports who don't fly often.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.