Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Consolidated] Chance of upgrade clearing on my flight

[Consolidated] Chance of upgrade clearing on my flight

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 28, 20, 5:50 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 4, 20, 9:21 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37 View Post
Anyone have experience on PlusPoint upgrades clearing on flights in these times? I am looking at EWR-LAX on a 78J, showing P9 PN9, PZ0 approximately 2 weeks out. Are these filling up last minute, or would I (as a 1K) likely clear?
I am 5 for 5 on PlusPoint upgrades on the EWR - LAX - EWR run in the last thirty days. I haven't purchased a ticket more than four days before and two in less less than 24 hours preflight. Three 787-10s and two 767 Hi-J. It seems at the moment that the higher number of J seats out strip paying demand. Passenger loads are increasing and I'm seeing 2 -3 1K's pre-boarding as opposed to the 1 and sometimes 2.
PsiFighter37 and tstauck like this.
Old Jul 4, 20, 9:32 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G; Marriott Bonvoy Gold; ALL Gold; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk View Post
I am 5 for 5 on PlusPoint upgrades on the EWR - LAX - EWR run in the last thirty days. I haven't purchased a ticket more than four days before and two in less less than 24 hours preflight. Three 787-10s and two 767 Hi-J. It seems at the moment that the higher number of J seats out strip paying demand. Passenger loads are increasing and I'm seeing 2 -3 1K's pre-boarding as opposed to the 1 and sometimes 2.
Thanks! Very helpful color, although I know demand is going up. I will tally up all of the ETCs that I have and figure out what to do...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: