Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 14, 2018, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
For domestic flight issues, use Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2018]

Previous international delayed / cancelled report threads
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2017)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2016)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2015)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2014)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2012/13)

If you need documentation of delay / cancellation for trip insurance or refunds from hotel / tour / .... operator, try this
Verification letters
Upon request, we can provide a statement of proof that a United flight was delayed or canceled. You may email your request to [email protected]. Be sure to include the names of all customers in your party, confirmation number, flight numbers and dates of travel, phone contact and the email address or mailing address where you would like it sent. Please allow 5-10 business days for processing.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2018, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by DCA writer
Story in the Washington Post reports that the plane diverted to get medical help for a sick passenger, who I hope is feeling better now.
they were way over in Eastern Canada and backtracked all the way to IAD ... sounds odd if it was a medical emergency ... and UA coded it as 'crew issue' ... very strange. Hmmm.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

yesterday

UA952 ORD-MUC 772 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
UA924 IAD-LHR 789 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance

today

UA39 EDI-EWR 752 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
UA952 MUC-ORD 772 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
UA919 LHR-IAD 788 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
Old Jan 19, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: All of them, UA-Plat, 1MM*G
Originally Posted by cfischer
they were way over in Eastern Canada and backtracked all the way to IAD ... sounds odd if it was a medical emergency ... and UA coded it as 'crew issue' ... very strange. Hmmm.
IAD is a 787 base, EWR is not. So in order to re-crew, a stop-in at IAD is smarter (and only takes 25 minutes longer) than a stop-in at EWR.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Ambassador
UA71 AMS-EWR was cancelled today due to operational difficulties, leaving one of the three Polaris B763s (N644UA) stuck in AMS. I only noticed as N644UA was meant to operate an IAH-GRU-IAH rotation over the weekend, which is now no longer the case.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:47 am

Location: @somewhere, if help needed use my email address [email protected]
Programs: BA & QR
Originally Posted by Europeanexplorer
UA71 AMS-EWR was cancelled today due to operational difficulties, leaving one of the three Polaris B763s (N644UA) stuck in AMS. I only noticed as N644UA was meant to operate an IAH-GRU-IAH rotation over the weekend, which is now no longer the case.

UA71 returned back for Amsterdam Airport after 15 people fell ill.
Left 1037am landed again around 1415pm.
They are investigating what caused this.

see link (dutch only).

https://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieu...eke-passagiers
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seenitall
IAD is a 787 base, EWR is not. So in order to re-crew, a stop-in at IAD is smarter (and only takes 25 minutes longer) than a stop-in at EWR.
yes, thank you, I know. What is interesting is that they needed to re-crew for a simple medical unload. Stop at an airport en route and move on. UA did not code this as medical or otherwise ... it was coded as an operational issue.

and more of a bad TATL day for UA once again

UA47 FRA-IAH 772 cancelled due to operations

Last edited by cfischer; Jan 19, 2018 at 5:26 pm
Old Jan 19, 2018, 6:24 pm

Programs: All of them, UA-Plat, 1MM*G
Originally Posted by cfischer
yes, thank you, I know. What is interesting is that they needed to re-crew for a simple medical unload. Stop at an airport en route and move on. UA did not code this as medical or otherwise ... it was coded as an operational issue.
There's no way to be certain, but given the fact that the flight was over Quebec when it backtracked, it is quite possible that by the time it landed at IAD, the crew had too many hours on the clock to continue the flight to CDG. Thus, a new crew was required. Why UA called this re-crewing rather than medical is up to a higher power than me.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by seenitall
There's no way to be certain, but given the fact that the flight was over Quebec when it backtracked, it is quite possible that by the time it landed at IAD, the crew had too many hours on the clock to continue the flight to CDG. Thus, a new crew was required. Why UA called this re-crewing rather than medical is up to a higher power than me.
David
Attached Images  
Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
UA flight turns around over Atlantic when passengers get sick

From the Aviation Herald:

A United Boeing 767-300, registration N644UA performing flight UA-71 from Amsterdam (Netherlands) to Newark,NJ (USA), was enroute at FL350 about 30 minutes into the Atlantic Crossing west of Ireland when the crew decided to turn around and return to Amsterdam declaring a medical emergency reporting 15 people on board felt unwell and sick. The aircraft descended to FL330 and landed safely back on Amsterdam's runway 18C about 2 hours after turning around. 15 people, including passengers and members of the crew, were checked by medics at the airport, nobody needed to be taken to a hospital.

Passengers reported a bad odour making them feeling sick, other passengers reported lack of oxygen.

The airline however suspected an acute outbreak of flu or food poisoning reporting a check of the aircraft had not found anything out of the ordinary.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 19, 2018 at 10:27 pm Reason: merged into existing discussion
Old Jan 19, 2018, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by steveholt
From the Aviation Herald:

will return today as UA2719 departure 1700 hours local time as ferry flight.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: MileagePlus GS
Looks like the ferry flight AMS-EWR UA 2719 is cancelled due to operational difficulties. Not a good sign that this new Polaris bird is having some issues. Maybe the landing gear fire reported in the news caused more damage than expected?
Old Jan 20, 2018, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by texas gold
Looks like the ferry flight AMS-EWR UA 2719 is cancelled due to operational difficulties. Not a good sign that this new Polaris bird is having some issues. Maybe the landing gear fire reported in the news caused more damage than expected?
texas gold,

corect, cancelled due to additional maintenance required on this aircraft. Tomorrow this aircraft will operate as a cargo only ferry without passengers, under flight number UA 2830/21JAN, ETD 13.00pm.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: UA GS
My EWR-NRT flight was cancelled along with flights from ORD, IAH and DEN to NRT.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, MR Titanium
Originally Posted by ICN1K
My EWR-NRT flight was cancelled along with flights from ORD, IAH and DEN to NRT.
LAX-NRT (UA 32) is also showing canceled. So only IAD and SFO still look like they might fly to NRT today.

Last edited by lotemblizej; Jan 22, 2018 at 8:01 am
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by ICN1K
Weather?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.