Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 14, 2018, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
For domestic flight issues, use Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2018]

Previous international delayed / cancelled report threads
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2017)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2016)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2015)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2014)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2012/13)

If you need documentation of delay / cancellation for trip insurance or refunds from hotel / tour / .... operator, try this
Verification letters
Upon request, we can provide a statement of proof that a United flight was delayed or canceled. You may email your request to [email protected]. Be sure to include the names of all customers in your party, confirmation number, flight numbers and dates of travel, phone contact and the email address or mailing address where you would like it sent. Please allow 5-10 business days for processing.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
UA963 TXL-EWR 763 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
UA39 EDI-EWR 752 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
UA934 EWR-LHR 764 1hr late due to aircraft maintenance
UA925 LHR-IAD 772 3hrs late due to aircraft maintenance
Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:40 pm

UA990 SFO-CDG delayed 1h45 because of a late inbound
Old Jan 11, 2018, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
UA935 LHR-SFO 789 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
Does a 1 hour flight arrival delay really need to reported? I only ask this because I haven't seen a thread for all the long haul UA flights which arrive 1 hour early or better. Honestly folks, read this thread with a grain of salt. And not the salt the airports sprinkle in weather situations.

Adam
iluv2fly likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by adambrau
Does a 1 hour flight arrival delay really need to reported? I only ask this because I haven't seen a thread for all the long haul UA flights which arrive 1 hour early or better. Honestly folks, read this thread with a grain of salt. And not the salt the airports sprinkle in weather situations.

Adam
That's a good idea. Perhaps you should start one if you think a Consolidated arrived early international flights (2018) would be of use. I can see its attraction.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 4:42 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Sao Paulo is hit pretty badly today...both 1/11 UA861 IAD-GRU and UA105 IAH-GRU have been postponed to a morning-departure on 1/12 (11:00 and 13:00 hours late), so UA860 on 1/12 has been postponed to a 1/13 morning departure (about 10 hours late) and my 1/12 UA105 is currently estimated delayed by 3:25 for a 3:00 departure out of GRU.

Greetings - Dirk
Old Jan 12, 2018, 9:26 am
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Does a 1 hour flight arrival delay really need to reported? I only ask this because I haven't seen a thread for all the long haul UA flights which arrive 1 hour early or better.
I can see his point though. 1 hour delay is not really a huge deal - does it merit posting here (unless among a comprehensive post about many delays at once)? It takes up some space. And this is not a place of record to register every delay, just noteable ones, do people agree? I guess it's a discussion about what the bar (hours delay) is.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K

Adam
Originally Posted by TA
I can see his point though. 1 hour delay is not really a huge deal - does it merit posting here (unless among a comprehensive post about many delays at once)? It takes up some space. And this is not a place of record to register every delay, just noteable ones, do people agree? I guess it's a discussion about what the bar (hours delay) is.
I think there are a few reasons to post delays of any international flight.

One is the interdependence of inbound/outbound pairs so if the inbound gets delayed, the outbound will be delayed. Posters may only know of their flight so a post may serve to alert FTs on the outbound.

Another is UA's propensity to list a flight as "On Schedule" but you have to click through to the "Where is this aircraft coming from?" to find out that the inbound aircraft is late or, worse yet, you have to click further to find out that the A/C is a sub for another and UA really has no idea if a flight will have an on time departure.

One other is the impact on FT travellers on domestic feeder flights - if you find out that your international connection is delayed, that may or may not affect your decision making as to either staying on an existing late domestic flight, start to look for other options, etc. Here's an immediate example: United Delay Posting

And lastly, this is a way to communicate and be part of the greater FT community.

David
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 12:05 pm

Adam
Yes I believe it does, it can affect connections. I've never heard of someone missing a connecting flight when their inbound flight arrives early.....
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 12:12 pm

Jan 11
UA861 IAD-GRU 10+ hours late
UA105 IAH-GRU 15 hours late
UA935 LHR-LAX 19 hours late
UA949 LHR-SFO 12+ hours late plus extra stop in EWR for "fuel" on a 777.
UA915 IAD-CDG 4+ hours late
Old Jan 12, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by worldtrav
Jan 11
UA861 IAD-GRU 10+ hours late
UA105 IAH-GRU 15 hours late
UA935 LHR-LAX 19 hours late
UA949 LHR-SFO 12+ hours late plus extra stop in EWR for "fuel" on a 777.
UA915 IAD-CDG 4+ hours late
Re:UA949 I thought they did the redirect to get round the crew timing out and to minimize the EC261 compensation as it is easier to get folks to their final destination if the passengers are in the USA. I am surprised LHR would not have sufficient fuel (and am guessing this is the reason for the quotation marks by worldtrav).
Old Jan 12, 2018, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
Re:UA949 I thought they did the redirect to get round the crew timing out and to minimize the EC261 compensation as it is easier to get folks to their final destination if the passengers are in the USA. I am surprised LHR would not have sufficient fuel (and am guessing this is the reason for the quotation marks by worldtrav).
It won't get around EC261 if it was that late at its final destination if it was "fuel".
Old Jan 12, 2018, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Originally Posted by worldtrav
Jan 11 UA949 LHR-SFO 12+ hours late plus extra stop in EWR for "fuel" on a 777.
Was SFO CBP open at 01:31? The plane was at EWR for 66 minutes. Was it empty enough they all cleared there in time?
Old Jan 12, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Originally Posted by HkCaGu
Was SFO CBP open at 01:31? The plane was at EWR for 66 minutes. Was it empty enough they all cleared there in time?
I don't think they could clear immigration and and then re-clear security to re-board. However, there are some late flights at SFO so there could be enough CBP staff on hand to clear the passengers.

0949/11JAN
P LHR/OUT 554P L08.34 ☨
P LHR/OFF 630P
P EWR/ON 854P
P EWR/IN 924P
P EWR/OUT 1030P EST OFF 1056P
P EWR/OFF 1050P
P SFO/ON 122A
P SFO/IN 131A L13.06 ☨
D CRC//SFO NO HOTELS SEE GG SOS PLZ CHECK CXN
D FCF/FSTOP EWR ENRT LHR-SFO A/FLIGHT CREW AVAILABILITY☨
D FCF/FSTOP EWR ENRT LHR-SFO A/FLIGHT CREW AVAILABILITY
D HDQ/LHR SFO PROT UNDER GG CN2 X61

SKED LHR ORIG 920A GTD B31 SHIP 2883
SFO 1225P TERM GTA INTL
And it seems that if one missed their connection out of SFO, they were going to have to stay at the airport because it shows that no hotels were available...probably due to the JP Morgan Healthcare Conference

ETA: I wonder what GG SOS says though.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
No Delays at EWR NOW ??

I'm on UA 51 tonite (EWR-MAD), despite the earlier announced fire at Terminal C, and the bad weather generally, my flight is still showing OnTime ?? My arriving plane is coming from IAH, and shows only 23 min late--- so not sure what's up. News reports mention massive delays, issues and problems, yet not one word from UA. (Obviously, I can't get through via phone to them !!) Debating canceling and attempting to rebook for tomorrow, but as stated, can't get through. Any thoughts ????

Just got through to Elite Desk and was told the transformer fire was put out and right now, NO DELAYS ???

Last edited by mauld; Jan 12, 2018 at 2:28 pm Reason: update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.