Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 14, 2018, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
For domestic flight issues, use Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2018]

Previous international delayed / cancelled report threads
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2017)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2016)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2015)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2014)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2012/13)

If you need documentation of delay / cancellation for trip insurance or refunds from hotel / tour / .... operator, try this
Verification letters
Upon request, we can provide a statement of proof that a United flight was delayed or canceled. You may email your request to [email protected]. Be sure to include the names of all customers in your party, confirmation number, flight numbers and dates of travel, phone contact and the email address or mailing address where you would like it sent. Please allow 5-10 business days for processing.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2018, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
UA70 EWR-AMS 763 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance

Tomorrow

UA132 HNL-MAJ and onwards 738 cancelled due to operations (this has been cancelled for several days in a row now, WT? is going on w/ the Island hopper these days?)
UA71 AMS-EWR 763 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

continuing for today

UA906 FRA-ORD 772 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
UA122 IAD-LHR 752 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
Old Mar 18, 2018, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA Global Services
UA 79 EWR-NRT Delayed 5 hours

Driver to Airport alerted me of the delay due to maintenance issue, 5 hours worth. Would have missed my connection to ANA at NRT, so I postponed for a day. Hope all is well tomorrow. Love the new aircraft. (sarcasm)
Old Mar 18, 2018, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ilovewestins
Driver to Airport alerted me of the delay due to maintenance issue, 5 hours worth. Would have missed my connection to ANA at NRT, so I postponed for a day. Hope all is well tomorrow. Love the new aircraft. (sarcasm)
yep, ended up 6 hrs late but departed

UA79 EWR-NRT 773 6hrs delay due to aircraft maintenance

also today (wow, that's another horrendous day for UA's longhaul operations)

UA956 EWR-GVA 763 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
ilovewestins likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 12:49 pm

UA 79 EWR-NRT Delayed 7+ hours

March 19, 2018 UA79-EWR-NRT Maintenance (1) fuel leak and (2) piston on escape hatch from pilot sleeping quarters failed and leaked all over seat 1G. Aircraft taken out of service, waiting on inbound 777-300 from NRT

This is my second day in a row trying to connect through NRT to BKK. Both times, maintenance issues delaying takeoff beyond my connection window. No email apology, nothing. Email just sent to Global Services. Irony is, I would have been 2k short of 3MM on this trip. Now I ask, is it really worth it. Affecting my livelihood now. What the heck is going on with this airline?
Old Mar 19, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
March 19, 2018 UA79-EWR-NRT Maintenance (1) fuel leak and (2) piston on escape hatch from pilot sleeping quarters failed and leaked all over seat 1G. Aircraft taken out of service, waiting on inbound 777-300 from NRT

This is my second day in a row trying to connect through NRT to BKK. Both times, maintenance issues delaying takeoff beyond my connection window. No email apology, nothing. Email just sent to Global Services. Irony is, I would have been 2k short of 3MM on this trip. Now I ask, is it really worth it. Affecting my livelihood now. What the heck is going on with this airline?
Have you tried rerouting through HKG?
Old Mar 19, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles

Ouch, sorry to hear.

Originally Posted by transportprof
Have you tried rerouting through HKG?
Good idea ^
Old Mar 19, 2018, 2:22 pm

Was never offered, but I feel stupid for not asking. The other issue would be any business seats left, but honestly never checked. Not sure of the connections to BKK when that EWR flight comes into to HKG. I have missed many of a connection in HKG too due to late takeoff in EWR.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Was never offered, but I feel stupid for not asking. The other issue would be any business seats left, but honestly never checked. Not sure of the connections to BKK when that EWR flight comes into to HKG. I have missed many of a connection in HKG too due to late takeoff in EWR.
TG has a flight HKG->BKK that you can usually make connecting off UA. And certainly Cathay Pacific does. After a 2nd mechanical, I would hope GS would put on whatever airline(s) needed to get you on your way...

Good luck.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 3:28 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
You can also try to reroute via LHR. LHR-BKK on BR or TG is much better than connecting in HKG IMO.

Old Mar 19, 2018, 3:46 pm

Well, woulda, coulda, and shoulda. In a million years I would have never thought this could happen two days in a row with a NEW plane. New 777-300 epic fail. I remember my Dad buying cars in the 70's and we would have a 3 page list to bring to the dealer to fix on the first service. I am having flashbacks with this plane. United and Boeing have to work this stuff out fast. I needed to come back Friday for my sons college visit, so I decided to pull the rip cord on the trip. FYI, still nothing from GS, either reactive or proactive. I think they are getting used to this, which is even more scary. Thank you all for your comments. I know I am preaching to the Flyertalk choir.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Well, woulda, coulda, and shoulda. In a million years I would have never thought this could happen two days in a row with a NEW plane. New 777-300 epic fail. I remember my Dad buying cars in the 70's and we would have a 3 page list to bring to the dealer to fix on the first service. I am having flashbacks with this plane. United and Boeing have to work this stuff out fast. I needed to come back Friday for my sons college visit, so I decided to pull the rip cord on the trip. FYI, still nothing from GS, either reactive or proactive. I think they are getting used to this, which is even more scary. Thank you all for your comments. I know I am preaching to the Flyertalk choir.
Ask/demand your money back. This is inexcusable.

David
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:34 pm

FYI, Full refund was done at the airport.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 10:30 pm

Wait. You feel a 7 hour 56 minute departure delay (one day after a 5 hour 40 minute departure delay for the exact same flight) - both due to mechanical issues with a brand new aircraft - is unacceptable? Why didn’t you just go to Classified? You could have had a nice leisurely eight hour meal.
ezefllying likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:09 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by Hammer0425

Wait. You feel a 7 hour 56 minute departure delay (one day after a 5 hour 40 minute departure delay for the exact same flight) - both due to mechanical issues with a brand new aircraft - is unacceptable? Why didn’t you just go to Classified? You could have had a nice leisurely eight hour meal.
Do your $20 meal vouchers work at Classified?

Could you legally disclose that information?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.