Sundae

Breakfast - Indian vegetarian
Old Mar 22, 2018, 5:39 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
DEL-EWR
UA83

Boeing 777-200
Meal: Dinner, Breakfast

One of the worst service I've experienced in a while. No PBD, no drink refills at all during meal service, and lastly, my appetizer had a piece of hair. And not a word about it.

Menu

Appetizer with a dash of hair~~

Salad

Main - Paneer-peak korma

Breakfast - Indian vegetarian
Old Mar 22, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: UA 1K & 0.6 MM
Originally Posted by hirohito888
DEL-EWR
UA83

Boeing 777-200

One of the worst service I've experienced in a while. No PBD, no drink refills at all during meal service, and lastly, my appetizer had a piece of hair. And not a word about it.
IIRC, it's a Delhi ground rule that doesn't allow alcoholic PBDs, but I've been offered at least water or juice choices.

The Newark-based crews can be weak, but I have had some good ones to and from Delhi.

The hair was just gross.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by hirohito888
DEL-EWR
UA83

Boeing 777-200

I hope you escalate this and include the photo - I would have insisted on being brought a new appetizer while holding the bad one and swapping in front of me so I know they didn't just pull off the hair and give it back to me. Disgusting.

Did you say anything about it?
Old Mar 22, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by narvik
Looks nice. Is that FENNEL???
Originally Posted by fumje
That is a nice-looking bread for the grilled cheese.

Some confusion — guessed artichoke heart, though?
Fennel, artichoke? Are you referring to the white blob in front? That's an onion.
The pork chop was a good size and decent flavor but over cooked. I've had the same thing on another flight where it wasn't overcooked so I guess it varies.

The bread for the grilled cheese was nice (to my surprise). It would have been nice if it were actually grilled. It was a little dry and chewy, but worked well if I dipped it in the soup. It was a little hard to do with the cup of soup being so narrow.
The FA got it to me very fast (2min). I expected to wait longer. I think he kept the soup and sandwich in the oven the whole time so it was already ready to go.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by eng3
3/11 UA917 SFO-AKL

Pork Chop

My wife had the pork chop on a flight In December. Her neighbor asked for the pork chop served with no sauce. It was overcooked too but my wife said that with the sauce it was OK. She wonders how her neighbor did not choke on it as it was so dry.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 22, 2018 at 3:35 pm Reason: repaired quote
Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
My wife had the pork chop on a flight In December. Her neighbor asked for the pork chop served with no sauce. It was overcooked too but my wife said that with the sauce it was OK. She wonders how her neighbor did not choke on it as it was so dry.
The port chop is just too much of a risk, I avoid it completely now. Have selected Japanese menu preference for next week, since pork chop is one of the ex-US selections this month.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
The port chop is just too much of a risk, I avoid it completely now. Have selected Japanese menu preference for next week, since pork chop is one of the ex-US selections this month.
That was a desperate choice because her first choice was unavailable to her. Lesson learned, mistake will not be done again. I have to say that I was sitting on the other aisle of the 4 middle seats on the 772 and could see how she was fighting with the piece of meat trying to cut it. A saw would have worked better than the knife provided by United.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 6:27 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
That was a desperate choice because her first choice was unavailable to her. Lesson learned, mistake will not be done again. I have to say that I was sitting on the other aisle of the 4 middle seats on the 772 and could see how she was fighting with the piece of meat trying to cut it. A saw would have worked better than the knife provided by United.
Bummer. I believe a laser cutter is the minimum acceptable tool for dissecting this rock (aside from the <10% that miraculously come out tender & juicy)
Old Mar 23, 2018, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
It wasnt that bad for me. And my previous one was actually cooked/heated pretty well.
I usually choose the beef if that's an option. But I have a new habit of not really eating the whole meal. Some of the appetizer, entree, all of the dessert.

I usually plan to sleep on the outbound flight so I usually dont eat that much. On the return, I usually fill up at the intl partner lounge.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA LT Plat, 2.5mm, Hilton LTD, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Whatever
I had the pork chop two weeks ago on LAX to LHR and at the end of last year on another TATL. On the first trip I had the pork chop and it was like an overdone brick so I asked the FA on the recent one if it was worth the risk and she told me it was her favourite dish. Sure enough, another brick. I know I should know better but they do sometimes get my filet cooked perfectly medium rare so I thought I'd try one more time. I'm not making that mistake again. Note to self: no more pork chops!!
Old Mar 23, 2018, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by luke5111
I had the pork chop two weeks ago on LAX to LHR and at the end of last year on another TATL. On the first trip I had the pork chop and it was like an overdone brick so I asked the FA on the recent one if it was worth the risk and she told me it was her favourite dish. Sure enough, another brick. I know I should know better but they do sometimes get my filet cooked perfectly medium rare so I thought I'd try one more time. I'm not making that mistake again. Note to self: no more pork chops!!
I know it always turns out well-done, but I can always tolerate this dish.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eng3
Fennel, artichoke? Are you referring to the white blob in front? That's an onion.
The pork chop was a good size and decent flavor but over cooked. I've had the same thing on another flight where it wasn't overcooked so I guess it varies.

The bread for the grilled cheese was nice (to my surprise). It would have been nice if it were actually grilled. It was a little dry and chewy, but worked well if I dipped it in the soup. It was a little hard to do with the cup of soup being so narrow.
The FA got it to me very fast (2min). I expected to wait longer. I think he kept the soup and sandwich in the oven the whole time so it was already ready to go.
Onion! That was my second guess. I cut the sandwich into strips, but that might be more challenging with such crusty bread. You can also ladle the soup over the sandwich. As long as they keep giving us spoons, at least.

Bummer. I believe a laser cutter is the minimum acceptable tool for dissecting this rock (aside from the <10% that miraculously come out tender & juicy)
Originally Posted by luke5111
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
I know it always turns out well-done, but I can always tolerate this dish.
I've had it two times and both were well done. Once was juicy and once was dry but not inedibly so. I think they have very variable fattiness/leanness of the pork chops they source, but they cook them the same. Anyway, I'm done ordering it, even if it means I have to eat 'lentil chili' again.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by fumje
Onion! That was my second guess.
It's a shallot - it says so on the menu most of the time.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rch4u
It's a shallot - it says so on the menu most of the time.
Peeling the onion a bit, that would be the biggest shallot I've ever seen. Also sort of oddly grey, but you never know what the lighting is doing to colour balance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.