Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2018, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by cesco.g
There might be quite a difference on a 752 with 16 seats vs a 77W with 60 seats.
Luckily, sofar I always got my couple of glasses of champagne along the appetizer.
But I noticed that the drink cart going around always lacked the Champagne, maybe because they're undersupplied.
They probably leave it in the galley, as people tend to order from what they can see on the cart. A way to keep the consumption lower.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 1:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, mLife Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
They probably leave it in the galley, as people tend to order from what they can see on the cart. A way to keep the consumption lower.
I think partially, yes. That and they don't want people making mimosas with the champagne - they want to use the prosecco (or whatever they're stocking these days) which they keep on the cart.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skycrab
I think partially, yes. That and they don't want people making mimosas with the champagne - they want to use the prosecco (or whatever they're stocking these days) which they keep on the cart.
Interesting observation. Not great for the Mimosa lover, better for the Champagne pax, who might have an extra glass before it's all gone.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Jan 14 IAH to London

The flight was on the 77W Polaris plane. It was a substitute for the S/CO 772 within 48 hours of the departure.

Old Jan 15, 2018, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Plane-is-home
My last 2 Polaris First flights only served Nicholas Feuillatte Brut Reserve too and indeed had only 1 bottle.
this is a joke. I would write it in and ask what the heck is going on. 1 bottle and a $20 value? In Polaris First? Are you kidding me?
Old Jan 15, 2018, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
I don't know why UA just doesn't give up on this pretense of having first class service and just sell all premium international cabins as business and be done with it. For flights with the old F suites, just hold them back for sale or a few hundred dollars unless full fare C or GS. The catering is almost identical and they can save on the soup and few extra starters. The wine and booze haven't been anything to write home about for many years, and now they are being shared between the cabins, so why bother?
UA_Flyer likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
15JAN SIN-LAX (also for SIN-SFO)
Had the fish, it was excellent!
Old Jan 16, 2018, 12:44 am

Programs: in C/C++, Python, SQL
UA978
EZE-EWR
01/08/2018

No clue what the champagne was. I was just hoping a glass or two would help me sleep (unfortunately, it didn't).

The dinner was pretty good overall. I'd been eating fairly heavily in BA, so I thought the tortellini would be a nice change.

Seemed odd that they had two pieces of the same cheese, but no biggie.

Every sundae should have a macaron on top.

I knew I was going to be served breakfast again on my next flight, so I just had some fruit to tide me over.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 1:26 am

15 Jan 2018: UA984 Paris to San Francisco

The starter was the best part of the meal.

Unfortunately, the steak was overcooked in the oven. The beef was tough and cooked well done, and the eggs were quite crumbly and dry.

Like the steak, the chicken was overcooked and was quite tough and hard to cut.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 1:56 am
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Why doesn't UA post even some example menus for the routes like they used to on the CO website? You would think that with the extent they hype Polaris, people would be glad to preview them if they're buying the ticket.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 7:17 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by cfischer
this is a joke. I would write it in and ask what the heck is going on. 1 bottle and a $20 value? In Polaris First? Are you kidding me?
The Nicolas Feuillatte was the same Champagne in Polaris First on my ORD-PVG flight and on my wife's PVG-ORD flight. Did not test the limit of one bottle as on my flight there were three children out of the six passengers. Thinking that BA serves Laurent Perrier Grand Siecle.....

Polaris First, PVG-ORD: does anybody else think that the menu was poorly decided?

Cocktail snack: Mozzarella, black olive, cherry tomato

Chilled appetizer: Mozzarella, roasted tomato, cucumber
Old Jan 16, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: United-1K+2MM, Bonvoy-LifetimeGold,IHG-Diamond-Ambassador
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
15JAN SIN-LAX (also for SIN-SFO)
Had the fish, it was excellent!
Thanks for the photos. I'll fly SIN-LAX next April. What do they serve at the "anytime ala carte menu" ?
Old Jan 16, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by zappa42m
Thanks for the photos. I'll fly SIN-LAX next April. What do they serve at the "anytime ala carte menu" ?
I didn't ask on SIN-LAX, but on LAX-SIN they had BBQ beef on rice, which was tasty. Grilled cheese & tomato soup was also available.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 3:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA1K (no longer serviced!), Bonvoy P, Hyatt G
SFO-HKG the only beer that actually made it onto the plane was Shiner bock, Tsingtao, and Heineken. Maybe I'm one of the few people who likes beer in Polaris, but they seemingly miss the menu list on most flights.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Rotus12
SFO-HKG the only beer that actually made it onto the plane was Shiner bock, Tsingtao, and Heineken. Maybe I'm one of the few people who likes beer in Polaris, but they seemingly miss the menu list on most flights.
I agree that UA could up their international beer menu (domestic is pretty good) at least out of HKG they had local beers, it makes me crazy that only Bud and Heineken are offered out of Germany.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.