Last edited by Vkuo; Dec 28, 2018 at 2:56 pm Reason: add photo
Old Dec 28, 2018, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.3MM SPG LT Gold
Agree with Hirohito888. HKG crew is really great! Thanks for sharing photos!^

Last edited by Vkuo; Dec 28, 2018 at 3:12 pm Reason: text
Old Dec 28, 2018, 5:52 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Thanks hiroshito888 for posting the photos.

I see the duck salads were served with different sauces on your recent two flights. Typically it is mustard. From the photo shown on the HKF-SFO flight , it seems it was Chinese hoisin sauce. It seems odd to have the same appetizer on both inbound and outbound transpacific flights in the same month.

I love duck but not a fan of the UA duck salad but love the quinoa/oats salad mixed the mustard sauce.

On PS flights, the duck salad had been served with potato salad in the past.

The pork belly noodle dish on the SFO-TPE flight looks nasty. I had skipped picking it on three of my transpacific west bound flights this month. The ex-US congee is typically tasteless. I’d prefer the congee ex-Asia.
The duck on HKG-SFO was with "port sauce", a bit like dense cranberry sauce. But hoisin sauce would have been tasty as well. And I agree, the ex-US Asian dishes are all pretty terrible except for the spicy chicken.

Originally Posted by Vkuo
Agree with Hirohito888. HKG crew is really great! Thanks for sharing photos!^
Haha, I was on the same flight as you 26DEC HKG-SFO, I was in the rear cabin.
Vkuo likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 9:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.3MM SPG LT Gold
That's crazy, @hirohito888! You are the second FlyerTalk-er I've coincidentally been on the same flight with...and then found out about it via postings! The first was a about two years ago on UA889. Someone else noticed me taking a selfie with the cockpit crew and wrote about it here...

Maybe we'll share another flight in the future! I'm on the SFO-HKG-SFO route a few times a year.
hirohito888 likes this.

Last edited by Vkuo; Dec 28, 2018 at 10:09 pm Reason: text
Old Dec 29, 2018, 1:26 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Champagne hodge-podge

I recently flew SFO-HKG and usually have red wine, but this time asked what champagne they had, and was told only one, Nicolas Feuillatte. It's not my favorite, but it tasted reasonably good in the sky. I got topped-up during the meal and then when they came around later, saw a bottle of Laurent Perrier Millesime 2007 on the cart. I asked for a glass but was told it was empty, and that only two bottles are provided on each flight. If that's the case, why wasn't it offered previously? Not only were they out of the LP, they were also out of the Nicolas Feuillatte. She then poured a glass of Lanson Black Label, which wasn't very cold and by comparison, didn't taste that good.

So what's up with UA's champagne? Do the caterers have discretion of what champagnes to provide to UA? At least the three on this flight were recognized brands, and not the swill they serve pre-departure.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:41 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Closing the 2018 thread and please join the discussion in 2019 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 31, 2019 at 1:48 pm Reason: closure

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.