Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2018, 4:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, mLife Platinum
Originally Posted by EWR764
I would very much like to see this adopted as the 'standard' Polaris Champagne. It was included in some of the early campaigns but I haven't seen it on board yet.
Not my favourite, but FAR better than Nicolas Feuillatte, which is foul.
EWR764 likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 10:51 pm

Programs: UA1K
UA101: IAH - SYD
Nov 25, 2018

Poached Salmon with lentils and broccolini

Lobster Mac & Cheese (hot snack)

Salmon was not great. It was pretty bland, but at least it was not overcooked. The lobster mac and cheese was tasty, but still a little bit frozen in the middle.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kcip
UA101: IAH - SYD
Nov 25, 2018

The lobster mac and cheese was tasty, but still a little bit frozen in the middle.
A nice snack indeed. I usually notify the FAs of under-cooked food and mostly get it back properly heated with an apology (and an occasional smile).
Old Dec 23, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by skycrab
Not my favourite, but FAR better than Nicolas Feuillatte, which is foul.
It's not SO bad*. I actually bought a bottle to try and see what it is like to drink not in a pressurized tin can.

(*my taste/cellar gravitates towards Selosse, Savart, Egly-Ouriet)
Old Dec 23, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: UA MP 1K
UA99: MEL-LAX

menu, dinner, and breakfast.

I HIGHLY enjoyed the paneer masala (dry rice though), while the frittata was extremely underwhelming.

Old Dec 23, 2018, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

December TATL ex-EU Brunch menu

Upfront in the 3-class 777 former F-section two more reds were offered, including a nice Charles Krug Napa Cabernet.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by cesco.g

Upfront in the 3-class 777 former F-section two more reds were offered...
These were also offered "back in J" as well, though, right? Or are you saying they are still catering old F differently than J???
Old Dec 23, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by narvik
These were also offered "back in J" as well, though, right? Or are you saying they are still catering old F differently than J???
They are still provisioning the old Polaris first reds in the Old F cabin only — the wines are different to J. The MacRostie Chardonnay shown here was served in Old F on my last flights (a pretty good $25 bottle), versus the Wente Riva Ranch Chardonnay in J. There was also a third red, but it was a Chateauneuf du Pape - only one bottle loaded, but an unexpected treat.

I’m pretty sure this will be the last month of this before the new wine cycle begins in January, and the dedicated FA service for the Old F will likely go in February when the FA bidding / positions all change.
narvik likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, mLife Platinum
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
It's not SO bad*. I actually bought a bottle to try and see what it is like to drink not in a pressurized tin can.

(*my taste/cellar gravitates towards Selosse, Savart, Egly-Ouriet)
I guess that's where personal preference steps in. It's so "apple flavoured", it's definitely not for me.
for inexpensive NV, I'd choose Piper-Heidsieck (which they actually serve in the IAH Polaris lounge) and I find far tastier.

That all said, I guess I'd really like to see UA serve a more premium champagne and cater more than 2 bottles for the entire flight
Old Dec 24, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by skycrab
I guess that's where personal preference steps in. It's so "apple flavoured", it's definitely not for me.
for inexpensive NV, I'd choose Piper-Heidsieck (which they actually serve in the IAH Polaris lounge) and I find far tastier.

That all said, I guess I'd really like to see UA serve a more premium champagne and cater more than 2 bottles for the entire flight
They are serving that Piper in EWR also.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
UA871
SFO-TPE

Boeing 777-300ER
Meal: Lunch, breakfast

Thought I was done flying UA longhaul back in August, guess I was wrong. 2 more flights before the end of the year. Ex-SFO meal tasted like $5 takeout from Chinatown.

Menu

Appetizer

Main - pork belly

Skipped cheese and sundae
Dessert - cheesecake and apple tart

Breakfast - congee
Old Dec 27, 2018, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
UA862
HKG-SFO

Boeing 777-300ER
Meal: Lunch, breakfast

Wonderful HKG-based crew, service was also excellent given that only 40 out of 60 seats were occupied.

Menu

Appetizer

Main - chicken

Skipped cheese
Dessert - Sundae, apple tart, and macaron

Breakfast - congee
jonisflying likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Thanks hiroshito888 for posting the photos.

I see the duck salads were served with different sauces on your recent two flights. Typically it is mustard. From the photo shown on the HKF-SFO flight , it seems it was Chinese hoisin sauce. It seems odd to have the same appetizer on both inbound and outbound transpacific flights in the same month.

I love duck but not a fan of the UA duck salad but love the quinoa/oats salad mixed the mustard sauce.

On PS flights, the duck salad had been served with potato salad in the past.

The pork belly noodle dish on the SFO-TPE flight looks nasty. I had skipped picking it on three of my transpacific west bound flights this month. The ex-US congee is typically tasteless. I’d prefer the congee ex-Asia.

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Dec 28, 2018 at 7:13 am
Old Dec 28, 2018, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
I see the duck salads were served with different sauces on your recent two flights. Typically it is mustard. From the photo shown on the HKF-SFO flight , it seems it was Chinese hoisin sauce. It seems odd to have the same appetizer on both inbound and outbound transpacific flights in the same month.

I love duck but not a fan of the UA duck salad but love the quinoa/oats salad mixed the mustard sauce.

I had the duck appetizer TATL Eastbound the other day, which was as depicted in the picture above. In this case it was sliced smoked duck with the salad on the side, not a "duck salad" in this sense. While I skipped the salad the smoked duck itself was enjoyable, but the mustard by its side was miniscule.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.3MM SPG LT Gold
UA 869 Dec 24
SFO-HKG
SFO Polaris Lounge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.