Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2018, 3:21 am

Programs: Still trying to use my Continental OnePass miles...
UA20
IAH-AMS
JUN 28 2018
B772 N78003

Summary: After lackluster lounge experience at IAH, cabin crew made entire trip a joy with excellent service. Food exceeded expectations both in quantity and quality.

Never-empty champagne PDB.

Still no tomato juice.

The shrimp starter was delicious.

This was out of this world. Wear your napkin like a bib or bring the bowl to your mouth - it’s messy.

Seconds were offered.

Great breakfast. Coffee better than I remembered.

A few additional notes about UA20:

• We were offered still and sparkling water. The sparkling water was S. Pellegrino
  • The available wines didn’t match the wine list. There was a greater selection it seemed.
  • Was not a fan of the port. It had a strong licorice flavor.
  • The fish dish was actually salmon, not cod. We were told it was an unplanned substitution.
  • The cabin crew offered to take short rib from their crew meals when it ran out so that everyone had what they wanted.
  • Hot towels offered before dinner and breakfast.
  • The bread plate was ice cold but the bread was warm.
  • We were offered additional bread several times.
  • The balsamic vinaigrette was excellent.
  • Huge cinnamon buns were also served at breakfast.
SkiPremier likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 29, 2018 at 3:20 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Jun 29, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Any recent experiences on the AM departures from EWR/IAD-LHR?
Old Jun 29, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by N104UA
Any recent experiences on the AM departures from EWR/IAD-LHR?
Great timing, I'm just about to post menu and pics from UA122 IAD-LHR!
N104UA likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 12:24 pm

UA122, IAD-LHR
June 2018, 0829 departure
sCO B757-200

STARTERS
Appetizer
Grapefruit & orange

Chilled oatmeal
Coconut milk, chia seeds, mango

ENTREE
Chicken chorizo chili verde - Tortilla chips, scrambled eggs, chicken chorizo, colby jack cheese, bell pepper, onion, salsa verde
Steak and eggs - Grilled beef tenderloin, scrambled eggs, cherry tomato, spinach
Cheese blintz - Served with mixed berry sauce, pork sausage and grilled pineapple
Cereal & milk

DESSERTS
Cheese plate
Signature sundae
Sweet treats

Bowls of snacks and fruit were on display in the galley

ARRIVAL DINING SERVICE
Pretzel burger - Smoked gouda cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickles w salad
Seasonal salad with grilled salmon - Mixed greens, cucumber, jicama, tomato w fruit

EWR/IAD-LHR

Appetizer & chilled oatmeal

Steak & eggs entree

Sundae at 1100 in the morning :-)

Pre-arrival burger
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 12:31 pm

UA925, LHR-IAD
June 2018, 1640 departure
sUA B777-200 w LHR flight attendants

Menu for LHR-EWR/IAD/IAH/ORD

Smoked salmon appetizer & salad

FAs came around with huge bread basket with several choices of bread

Seared beef short ribs entree

Due to dry ice shortage, no sundae service :-(

Pre-arrival fruit, vegetable and cheese plate - great snack before landing
Old Jun 30, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Does anyone have a recent menu from the daytime EWR-LHR or IAD-LHR flights? Curious to know whether a full Breakfast and a full Lunch are offered.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by rch4u
Does anyone have a recent menu from the daytime EWR-LHR or IAD-LHR flights? Curious to know whether a full Breakfast and a full Lunch are offered.
see 2-3 posts back!
rch4u and MatthewLAX like this.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
UA 872 TPE-SFO June 26

Old Jul 1, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: AA Platinum (Lifetime), United GS, HHonors Diamond, Shangri-la Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by TWA Guy
Due to dry ice shortage, no sundae service :-(
same thing on my LHR ---> EWR flight yesterday...no ice cream, since there was no dry ice.

received this text at T-36:

"unfortunately, because of a break in the system that produces dry ice throughout europe, we will not have it available to keep the ice cream cold on your flight. as a result, we will be serving another dessert option for you to enjoy. we're sorry for any inconvenience this might cause and we look forward to seeing you onboard."

FA offered the same salted caramel and chocolate ganache pictured above, served in a large ceramic ramekin, but it was described as "mousse" and the cardboard sleeve had already been removed. FWIW, i would eat this all day long and much preferred it over the sundae, which i usually decline.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 9:54 am

Programs: Does Non Rev count?
Originally Posted by UK Stages
same thing on my LHR ---> EWR flight yesterday...no ice cream, since there was no dry ice.

"unfortunately, because of a break in the system that produces dry ice throughout europe, we will not have it available to keep the ice cream cold on your flight. as a result, we will be serving another dessert option for you to enjoy. we're sorry for any inconvenience this might cause and we look forward to seeing you onboard."

FA offered the same salted caramel and chocolate ganache pictured above, served in a large ceramic ramekin, but it was described as "mousse" and the cardboard sleeve had already been removed. FWIW, i would eat this all day long and much preferred it over the sundae, which i usually decline.
Just a heads up, in case others didn't know, this is effecting AA as well.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by 757FO
Just a heads up, in case others didn't know, this is effecting AA as well.
And the CO2 shortage is affecting beer production in the UK. Poor timing with the World Cup going on in Russia.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 9:24 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by UK Stages

Does this affect other ex Europe routes or just LHR?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
And the CO2 shortage is affecting beer production in the UK. Poor timing with the World Cup going on in Russia.
Flying to the U.K. this weekend, and in time for the two semi-finals of the World Cup. Hard to imagine of the beer shortage if England makes that far!

I have been skipping meals on my flights (not just UA, SQ and others as well), so have not posted photos in this forum for awhile. Looking at the recent photos posted here, I feel I have not missed much.
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 5:02 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer

Flying to the U.K. this weekend, and in time for the two semi-finals of the World Cup. Hard to imagine of the beer shortage if England makes that far!

I have been skipping meals on my flights (not just UA, SQ and others as well), so have not posted photos in this forum for awhile. Looking at the recent photos posted here, I feel I have not missed much.
Only your pictures make the plane food look like we are eating in a 3 Star Michelin restaurant!

I think that England has good chances of getting to the semi-finals. By losing to Belgium, they ended up in an easier group. First time in my life that I have been watching the World Cup games. My wife said it's really showing that we are now living in an extremely boring place.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 5:27 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.3MM SPG LT Gold
PEK SFO July 1, 2018 UA889

Last edited by Vkuo; Jul 2, 2018 at 5:31 am Reason: add flight number

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.