Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2018, 2:54 am

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
SFO-FRA 77W
[...]
The Asian fusion noodle soup is on the menu. Will post pics/more tim tomorrow.
Music to my ears. Taking this flight next week, and I'm already salivating.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by cricketer
Music to my ears. Taking this flight next week, and I'm already salivating.
Is the Asian Fusion Noodle soup the same/similar to the Spicy Chicken Curry Udon noodle ? I had that on my flight from SFO => TPE and that was very tasty.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Comp4k
Is the Asian Fusion Noodle soup the same/similar to the Spicy Chicken Curry Udon noodle ? I had that on my flight from SFO => TPE and that was very tasty.
It seems to change names every month or two, but that sounds like exactly the same meal ("Asian Fusion Chicken Soup" was the original name for it). I think they're struggling to find a name that sells it - it's much, much better than the name.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by findark
It seems to change names every month or two, but that sounds like exactly the same meal ("Asian Fusion Chicken Soup" was the original name for it). I think they're struggling to find a name that sells it - it's much, much better than the name.
Haha, forgot I took a picture of the menu, it was called:

Spicy Chicken
Thai-style coconut-ginger broth, udon noodles
Old Jan 26, 2018, 6:59 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
On SFO-ICN last fall I originally ordered the beef and the F/A said that she would actually recommend the soup, so glad she did, can't wait to get it again soon.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
My wife was very disappointed it was not on the menu on our return from PVG two weeks ago. She had to settle for a red snapper that was, according to her, disgusting. Good that the FA was refilling the nuts in huge quantities. That ended up being her main dish.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Comp4k
Haha, forgot I took a picture of the menu, it was called:

Spicy Chicken
Thai-style coconut-ginger broth, udon noodles
that one is tasty, just messy to eat. UA needs to provide spoons with this dish
Old Jan 27, 2018, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by N104UA
On SFO-ICN last fall I originally ordered the beef and the F/A said that she would actually recommend the soup, so glad she did, can't wait to get it again soon.
My last SFO-ICN they had it, but it was under some different name (thai chicken, maybe?) such that I didn't notice it until long after I had eaten the mediocre beef option.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 5:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by cfischer
that one is tasty, just messy to eat. UA needs to provide spoons with this dish
I've got no qualms about picking up the bowl and slurping it down (quietly). Dead easy in the new seat, but I'm not ashamed to do it in 2-2-2 or 2-4-2 either :-)
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: UA 1K & 0.6 MM
Menu EWR-DEL Jan 28.

I was in row 2, and when I ordered the spicy chicken udon noodle soup, was told "So sorry, but I am out. I just went to the back of the biz cabin and poached one from them, they have no more." Ordered the turbot and was BLOWN AWAY at how tender and moist and tasty it was. Truly a lovely piece of fish which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Didn't get a chance to see the wines because the FA kept my champagne glass filled the entire time. Desserts were chocolate, mini cherry pies (fantastic crust and nice tart cherries) and mini cheesecakes. I still wish they would bring back the salted caramel pretzel squares, those bad boys (girls?) were damn tasty. FA said it's been ages since she's seen them, so I guess I should let them go...

Attentive and kind service, which isn't always what you get with a Newark-based crew.

Old Jan 30, 2018, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by big V
Menu EWR-DEL Jan 28.

I was in row 2, and when I ordered the spicy chicken udon noodle soup, was told "So sorry, but I am out. I just went to the back of the biz cabin and poached one from them, they have no more." Ordered the turbot and was BLOWN AWAY at how tender and moist and tasty it was. Truly a lovely piece of fish which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Didn't get a chance to see the wines because the FA kept my champagne glass filled the entire time. Desserts were chocolate, mini cherry pies (fantastic crust and nice tart cherries) and mini cheesecakes. I still wish they would bring back the salted caramel pretzel squares, those bad boys (girls?) were damn tasty. FA said it's been ages since she's seen them, so I guess I should let them go...

Attentive and kind service, which isn't always what you get with a Newark-based crew.

You mean, that as a 1K, you would not get your first choice of meal? When I was Platinum they would ask first choice, second choice. Now, as a 1K, they only ask one choice. But they do ask my Platinum wife what her second choice is (except obviously when she flew First Class.)
Old Jan 30, 2018, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
You mean, that as a 1K, you would not get your first choice of meal? When I was Platinum they would ask first choice, second choice. Now, as a 1K, they only ask one choice. But they do ask my Platinum wife what her second choice is (except obviously when she flew First Class.)
IME, it seems to depend on the load/number of elites on the flight. Even GS are being asked for second choice at times.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by cesco.g
IME, it seems to depend on the load/number of elites on the flight. Even GS are being asked for second choice at times.
I did not realize that. All this discussion about the spicy chicken made me want to order it again on my next trip to Asia (if offered). I guess I have to be prepared to be disappointed. And get ready to give a second choice......
Old Jan 30, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Incidentially, last fall I did board at T-25mins, was handed the menu featuring the spicy chicken - just to be told that by the FA that they were already out of it.
Taking orders like half an hour before departure, when some business class pax are not even boarded yet, flies in the face of the priority meal order policy.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:42 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by cesco.g
Incidentially, last fall I did board at T-25mins, was handed the menu featuring the spicy chicken - just to be told that by the FA that they were already out of it.
Taking orders like half an hour before departure, when some business class pax are not even boarded yet, flies in the face of the priority meal order policy.
Agree. Totally unacceptable. I would not have accepted that at all. And GSCS would have heard from me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.