2018 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Old Feb 17, 18, 11:49 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Does anyone know what the selection of Mid-Flight snacks is on the Australia Flights is? I'm assuming the Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup is available, but are there any other choices?

Also, do EWR - FCO / PVG (both directions) offer a Mid-Flight selection?
Old Feb 19, 18, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM, QFF Platinum, HH Diamond, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by phkc070408 View Post
Does anyone know what the selection of Mid-Flight snacks is on the Australia Flights is? I'm assuming the Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup is available, but are there any other choices?

Also, do EWR - FCO / PVG (both directions) offer a Mid-Flight selection?
Also beef & noodle, mentioned the other day.
EWR-FCO shouldn't eastbound. PVG should be both ways
Old Feb 22, 18, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM, QFF Platinum, HH Diamond, HawaiianMiles
21FEB UA101 IAH-SYD
Of course I had the chicken, yum. As a bonus, the breakfast omelet was the spicy fiesta/southwestern one ^
Mid-flight hot snacks: grilled chesse sandwich, lobster mac n cheese.
Old Feb 22, 18, 9:50 pm

Any idea what the food is like on the seasonal Europe flights, specifically EWR - VCE?
Old Feb 22, 18, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.6MM, Hertz PC
Pepper!

It appears to me that the [now not so new] Polaris pepper shaker is almost unusable, due to its three holes being the exact same size as the ground pepper inside,
and thus no matter how vigorously one shakes the darn thing.....no pepper comes out.

Apparently my continued frustration with this was shared with an EXCELLENT crew on EWR-PEK (Feb 21) where an FA used a proper pepper mill and was going around from seat-to-seat offering it to J passengers.
A nice and welcome touch!
restlessinRNO and wrp96 like this.
Old Feb 22, 18, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by narvik View Post
It appears to me that the [now not so new] Polaris pepper shaker is almost unusable, due to its three holes being the exact same size as the ground pepper inside,
and thus no matter how vigorously one shakes the darn thing.....no pepper comes out.

Apparently my continued frustration with this was shared with an EXCELLENT crew on EWR-PEK (Feb 21) where an FA used a proper pepper mill and was going around from seat-to-seat offering it to J passengers.
A nice and welcome touch!
Just pop the little ball open. Half the passengers on any given flight don't know how to operate the thing and do so inadvertently, so you'll be in good company.

Wonder if that FA brought the pepper mill personally. If so I imagine there's something health and safety might want to say, but ^ nevertheless.
Old Feb 22, 18, 10:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.6MM, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fumje View Post
Just pop the little ball open.
It OPENS??? How, exactly? (I always wondered how they filled them! lol)

Wonder if that FA brought the pepper mill personally. If so I imagine there's something health and safety might want to say, ...
Was wondering the same thing, if it was a personal mill. It would be a sad day if that weren't allowed though. But I understand the issues.
Old Feb 22, 18, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by narvik View Post
It OPENS??? How, exactly? (I always wondered how they filled them! lol)

Was wondering the same thing, if it was a personal mill. It would be a sad day if that weren't allowed though. But I understand the issues.
There's a seam near the 'equator'—you can pry with a fork from there, or alternatively grip the halves and squeeze the inner while pulling the outer, if that makes any sense. Beware of causing a little pepper fireworks show, though.
narvik likes this.
Old Feb 22, 18, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Wonder if that FA brought the pepper mill personally. If so I imagine there's something health and safety might want to say, but ^ nevertheless.
If I recall, F is provisioned with one, so maybe there's actually a rogue one in the J galley that isn't used? (yes, I'm aware EWR-PEK is 2-class)
Old Feb 23, 18, 1:31 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
On UA1 SFO-SIN, the main course choices were Short Rib, a chicken dish which I didn't pay attention to since I'm allergic to birds, a halibut, shrimp, and scallop dish with chili sauce, and an Indian veg dish with chick peas, lentils, and rice. I went for the fish combo and it tasted sweet and spicy - a flavor that Singaporeans will like, I imagine. There was one piece of halibut, one scallop, and one shrimp - along with a scoop of rice and a couple tablespoons of cut up vegetables - onions, red pepper, mushrooms. Desserts were not as tasty as I recall - except for the apple pie, which was served warm. Cheese course was good. The hot bite was tomato soup and grilled cheese, also good. You need a mid flight snack with the skimpy portions now served for dinner.
Old Feb 23, 18, 1:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, *G, Marriott Plat
I'm absolutely in love with the Spicy Chicken dish. I always pray for it to be available.
Old Feb 23, 18, 5:40 am

Programs: UA 1K(until 2022), MM *G for life, Hertz PC, BAEC Silver
Had the best main course yesterday that I've ever seen on UA, flying SFO-LHR. It was a kale and quinoa salad with Grilled Chicken. The FA said that they only boarded 4 and it was bound to run out. The advantages of 1K meant I got it, and could look at all the stodge being served elsewhere.
Old Feb 23, 18, 2:55 pm

Programs: papa card, UA 1K
Originally Posted by transportprof View Post
.....I went for the fish combo and it tasted sweet and spicy - a flavor that Singaporeans will like, I imagine. There was one piece of halibut, one scallop, and one shrimp - along with a scoop of rice and a couple tablespoons of cut up vegetables - onions, red pepper, mushrooms.
I've had the halibut 'stir fry' twice this last 10 days TPAC and I really liked it both times. I've had the haddock twice TPAC - once was pretty good; once was pretty awful.

Originally Posted by transportprof View Post
You need a mid flight snack with the skimpy portions now served for dinner.
....You can easily pack in 2K+ calories in dinner TPAC.....

The Cheese Plate, Green tea 'cake' and the cheese cakes I find difficult to pass on but I'm quite proud that over 4PS J and 4 TPAC J over the last 10 days I've managed to pass on the ice cream.
Old Feb 23, 18, 5:27 pm

Programs: AS 75K
any idea when the menu is supposed to be switched up again?
Old Feb 23, 18, 7:01 pm

Programs: 1K
Originally Posted by atcanobbio View Post
any idea when the menu is supposed to be switched up again?
I was told May by someone who works at United.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: