Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

2018 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old Nov 9, 2018, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1kBill
You can see butter right next to the roll, so my guess is that it's some sort of dessert, perhaps a mousse, with a slice of fruit on top.

But I wouldn't put money on it.
Good eye / logic.

Originally Posted by ual744777sta
Yes, it was a mousse or some cream based dessert. Not butter.
Was it as small as it looks? That is normally the butter dish, no?
Old Nov 9, 2018, 4:36 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by ual744777sta
The noodles weren't that good. I just picked at the meat. With a late night departure from HKG you can get a decent meal in the city or even at the airport.
Bummer.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
RSW-IAH 10 Nov 715 am scheduled departure

Egg white sandwich. I wonder how much Kirby saved by eliminating even a tiny sliver of mass-produced protein from this dish. All in all, though, pretty tasty.

Old Nov 10, 2018, 7:00 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by st530
Egg white sandwich. I wonder how much Kirby saved by eliminating even a tiny sliver of mass-produced protein from this dish. All in all, though, pretty tasty.

Is that regular or canned pineapple (it looks fresh)? When you talk about saving $, I had noted upthread that the pineapple ex-TPA is now canned slices and is absolutely disgusting. The grapes are usually sad so that eliminates another part of the meal tray for me (the other being the yogurt).

I noticed the pineapple ex-ATL the other day was also canned rings on a "snack" breakfast flight. Curious if this is station specific as it seems based on some photos that it's possible to get fresh on some flights.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by CruiserCLE
Is that regular or canned pineapple (it looks fresh)? When you talk about saving $, I had noted upthread that the pineapple ex-TPA is now canned slices and is absolutely disgusting. The grapes are usually sad so that eliminates another part of the meal tray for me (the other being the yogurt).

I noticed the pineapple ex-ATL the other day was also canned rings on a "snack" breakfast flight. Curious if this is station specific as it seems based on some photos that it's possible to get fresh on some flights.
Pretty sure it was fresh.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Breakfast flight DCA-IAH today, choice of the kale pastry or the protein plate.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by fumje
Good eye / logic.

Was it as small as it looks? That is normally the butter dish, no?
Yes. Again it's fine. It was so late I was fighting to stay awake to eat it.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 11:50 pm

Programs: UA Prem Plat, CX MPC Silver, CI Dynasty Gold; HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG, IHG Ambassador
UA 274 IAH - SFO
6 Nov 2018
B738
Breakfast

Many members have posted the same meal, I thought I'd post it again. It was tasty. I was just thinking this was the kind of meal I used to have when flying in economy class as a kid in the 1960s and 70s. Now, we only get it when flying over-two-hour domestic first class.

Egg white "pastry" with kale and tomatoes, red sauce
A sausage, sausage patty or Canadian bacon would have been a nice addition on the side.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 12:12 am

Programs: UA Prem Plat, CX MPC Silver, CI Dynasty Gold; HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by Kacee
I really wish UA would ditch the sugared salad dressing.
I concur. I had this salad dressing on my recent flight in Polaris. Too sweet, for me, as salad dressing.

Healthy, maybe. Too sweet, yes.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by jazzhou
UA 274 IAH - SFO
6 Nov 2018
B738
Breakfast

Many members have posted the same meal, I thought I'd post it again. It was tasty. I was just thinking this was the kind of meal I used to have when flying in economy class as a kid in the 1960s and 70s. Now, we only get it when flying over-two-hour domestic first class.

Egg white "pastry" with kale and tomatoes, red sauce
A sausage, sausage patty or Canadian bacon would have been a nice addition on the side.
I thought the kale pastry was the "snack" breakfast and that IAH-SFO was banked for a fuller breakfast-- but maybe it's all collapsed into the same Kirbified mediocrity (the only difference being the cinammon roll perhaps)?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jazzhou
I concur. I had this salad dressing on my recent flight in Polaris. Too sweet, for me, as salad dressing.

Healthy, maybe. Too sweet, yes.
Definetely not healthy. Just sugar-based carbs.
jazzhou and zeer0 like this.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
BUF-ORD

I would take these chips over many things that United serves; Would be nice if they had these in the galley on long haul flights. Found these at the Whole Foods and can’t stop buying them 😋
Pretty sure this is already a snacked flight but thanks to United I was introduced to the best snack chips I have ever had
Old Nov 19, 2018, 8:12 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
UA 3708 MCI-EWR 1701-2059 EMB-175

Full PDB

Choice of a salad or the pictured roast beef sandwich. The flight attendants were out of salads by the second row. The sandwich wasn't bad though obviously the cookie was the best part of the meal.
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 5:27 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
UA477 BOS-SFO (sUA 752)
11/18/18 1110-1449 p.s. Lunch

(SDCed from BOS-LAX which was probably the right call)
Full open bar PDB

Westbound p.s. lunch/dinner menu: short rib, turbot, or duck ravioli again. Orders taken front to back, everyone asked for first and second choice and prioritized in the galley, though everyone around me got their first choice it seemed. Also the beef was surprisingly unpopular — most around me asked for the ravioli and the FA later said only one person in the cabin had the short rib

Warm nuts and old fashioned to begin (no candied orange peel though)

Salad (spinach, watermelon, feta and balsamic) and app (basically deli meat) were edible; bread came pre-plated — both pieces were decent and the garlic bread tasted better than it looked

Turbot was surprisingly good, rice and vegetables were also just right — would definitely eat this again

Sundae with fudge, cream and walnuts hit the spot, had some way-too-sweet dessert bar as well

Passed on wraps / snack basket before landing.

Overall excellent service from the sUA SFO-based FA working the rear J cabin — friendly, proactive, unhurried, did not hide in galley(!) after meal service and gave constant drink/water refills throughout the flight — and tbh was probably better than what I've had in NH/OZ C
Old Nov 22, 2018, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist

Protein plate. They gave you a choice of this or egg white and kale quiche. I needed my protein.
UA977
EWR-ORD 11/22

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.