Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2018, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I'm flying the IAD-HNL 763 nonstop in a couple of weeks.
The only service UA.com lists is Breakfast. Is there a 2nd meal on this 10 hour marathon flight? Or do I need to pack a picnic lunch?

Old Jul 12, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by SFO777
The only service UA.com lists is Breakfast. Is there a 2nd meal on this 10 hour marathon flight? Or do I need to pack a picnic lunch?

There's a second meal 120-90 minutes before landing on EWR-HNL which leaves at a similar time. I've had pretzel burgers and calzones for the second meal. Overall, the food is just OK and AA is better on DFW-HNL.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by airb330
There's a second meal 120-90 minutes before landing on EWR-HNL which leaves at a similar time. I've had pretzel burgers and calzones for the second meal. Overall, the food is just OK and AA is better on DFW-HNL.
Thanks airb330.
So the 2nd "meal" at around 5pm Eastern time. LOL.
I'll make sure to bring my own snack pack.
At the least the fare was cheap.
MatthewLAX likes this.

Last edited by SFO777; Jul 12, 2018 at 3:54 pm
Old Jul 12, 2018, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks airb330.
So the 2nd "meal" at around 5pm Eastern time. LOL.
I'll make sure to bring my own snack pack.
At the least the fare was cheap.
The hamburger's decent...probably will be better than the first meal!
PACLipper and SFO777 like this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 12:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, VA Platinum

From Untited’s website, which I’ve found to be correct for this length flight:
  1. Refreshments, which include a selection of premium snacks and fresh fruit, are offered as a mid-flight snack. A snack is served prior to arrival.
    • Morning arrivals offer a fresh fruit plate, Greek yogurt, granola and breakfast bread
    • Afternoon and evening arrivals offer a hot sandwich and chocolate truffle
MatthewLAX and SFO777 like this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
July 12
IAH - LAX (lunch)

Open bar PDBs before we left the gate. Two options for lunch, the paella esque rice with shrimp and chicken, the other option salad with sliced chicken on the side. Thankfully there were plenty of herbivores and a couple who declined lunch, so I got my first choice. It was actually really good and piping hot. Cheesecake slice was good too.

July 12
LAX - KOA

Open bar PDBs here as well. The food luck ran out here. Two options for dinner: asparagus and mushroom ravioli, or chicken and orzo pasta. I went for the chicken and pasta thinking it was the lesser of two evils. The chicken was bland, the orzo was bland and dry, with a dollop of pesto being the only thing on the plate with any taste. Warm rolls came by right after I took the picture. The highlight of the meal was undoubtedly the hot baked white chocolate macademia nut cookie. ^

kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
BOS - LAX 6:25AM, Breakfast

PDB, hot towels, souffle for breakfast, excellent overall. Other choice was scrambled eggs. Hot baked cookie a few hours later.

kirkwoodj and zeer0 like this.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red

JUL7 UA568 EWR-ATL, choices chicken with quinoa salad as pictured above or a cheese plate. Was tasty enough, was expecting snack basket so I was pleasantly surprised.
onthesam likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8

JUL7 UA568 EWR-ATL, choices chicken with quinoa salad as pictured above or a cheese plate. Was tasty enough, was expecting snack basket so I was pleasantly surprised.
What was in the bowl?

David
Old Jul 15, 2018, 4:05 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by DELee
What was in the bowl?

David
If you mean the small bowl within the large one, it had hummus which was tasty enough. Was a bit puzzled with the lack of pita chips or something as hummus is usually eaten as a dip.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 7:13 pm

EWR-LAX and SFO EWR

EWR to LAX - AM flight, had the eggs and was very good. comfortable seats and an amenity kit was ok. It was a tin box. No amenity kid on the flight from SFO to EWR and it was an 11:30am flight. On the SFO flight I had the beef and it was very tasty, others with me had the chicken and they said it was inedible as it very overcooked.

Last edited by jfga2014; Jul 15, 2018 at 7:18 pm
Old Jul 15, 2018, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
If you mean the small bowl within the large one, it had hummus which was tasty enough. Was a bit puzzled with the lack of pita chips or something as hummus is usually eaten as a dip.
Yep, the smaller - had thought the larger dish was a plate. Have gotten into the habit of packing small quantities of crackers in my bag because of this and other times when you get more cheese than crackers.

Thanks!

David
Old Jul 17, 2018, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
July 2018
DEN->DAY
Dinner

Nice meal on Express flight.

Old Jul 18, 2018, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
7/17
KOA-DEN
Dinner

Open bar PDBs from a friendly youngish FA. Two dinner choices, either ravioli or the brisket with collard greens. I went with the latter and honestly for brisket on a plane it wasn't half bad. The sweet potatoes were pretty good and the greens, while a bit dry and institutional tasting, not that bad. I wish there had been more crackers to go with the cheese product wedges.

7/18
DEN-IAH
"Snack"

PDBs as per usual and 2 options for food, either the fruit and cheese plate, or the Asian veggie wrap. I wasn't very hungry as I had a pretty good breakfast at Timberline, the Priority Pass restaurant in the C Gates, but took the veggie wrap for research purposes It was pretty tasteless, even with the sauce, but my inner hamster was happy with the veggies.

Old Jul 18, 2018, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
7/17
KOA-DEN
Dinner

Open bar PDBs from a friendly youngish FA. Two dinner choices, either ravioli or the brisket with collard greens. I went with the latter and honestly for brisket on a plane it wasn't half bad. The sweet potatoes were pretty good and the greens, while a bit dry and institutional tasting, not that bad. I wish there had been more crackers to go with the cheese product wedges.

7/18
DEN-IAH
"Snack"

PDBs as per usual and 2 options for food, either the fruit and cheese plate, or the Asian veggie wrap. I wasn't very hungry as I had a pretty good breakfast at Timberline, the Priority Pass restaurant in the C Gates, but took the veggie wrap for research purposes It was pretty tasteless, even with the sauce, but my inner hamster was happy with the veggies.

Please tell me that's half the wrap after the first half was already consumed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.