Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2018, 10:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by findark
Score! Time to go to Hawaii
If that's what you want. I wasn't impressed with it (although it certainly beat the BOB burger I got on DEN-HNL in December). I've got a lot of reasons to go to Hawaii and none of them involve airline food.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 5:32 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
EWR-SJU-EWR, February 15
Breakfast and Lunch
"Spanish Eggs" and "Beef Stew"

Old Feb 23, 2018, 5:36 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
EWR-LAX-EWR, February 14
Lunch and Dinner
Goat cheese crostini, short rib and Smoked duck, salmon with coconut curry and ramen

Old Feb 23, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
The micro-salad I had on BOS-SFO this month had exactly 2 pieces of mozzarella, one mini-tomato, and one olive.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 9:18 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Last night IAH-PHL dinner flight on E175. Choices were a salad with chicken on the side or a roast beef wrap. I went with the salad, which while mediocre wasn’t too bad. Came with a side of fruit and a packaged cookie.
The guy next to me got the wrap and it must’ve been pretty bad as he sent it back and asked for a salad instead.

Also off topic, but did UA always use GoGo for the WiFi? Maybe I just didn’t notice because I don’t always get WiFi, but it was annoying because it didn’t let me log in with my UA account to pay for WiFi with saved credit cards etc.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 12:16 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by S.R
....Also off topic, but did UA always use GoGo for the WiFi? ...
On UX and sUA752s
Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by S.R
Last night IAH-PHL dinner flight on E175. Choices were a salad with chicken on the side or a roast beef wrap. I went with the salad, which while mediocre wasn’t too bad. Came with a side of fruit and a packaged cookie.
The guy next to me got the wrap and it must’ve been pretty bad as he sent it back and asked for a salad instead.
The cardinal rule for me, for many years, when offered in UA F the choice between a salad (with protein) and and sandwich, always go with the salad. Guaranteed to be the better meal!
iluv2fly likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 3:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by bocastephen
This is exactly what I had on a recent AA flight, except my dish had an additional antipasti salad, and the roll never showed up - plus for dessert we had a big slice of chocolate mousse cake. While the presentation was, for lack of a better description, a hot mess, the quantity was easily double any recent UA hot meal, and the dish actually had some flavor. While not much thought went into the presentation, it was apparent the recipe was not bad at all. Based on AA reports here I was expecting a bag of peanuts to be thrown at my head in first class, but was pleasantly surprised at what was served.
Follow up - forgot to mention a AA FC recent lunch service on a 2hr leg departing at 1030A, where United would now serve a snack basket with potato chips and nuts, AA served a stuffed poblano pepper over rice, with a side salad, warm nuts, and a fresh baked cookie for dessert.

I am rather suspicious about these claims that state AA and DL catering is bad - in my experience, both airlines run circles around United, both in creativity and in quantity, for most domestic F flights, and this was before the UA cuts started. At this point I would be happy to go back to the old CO system of hot soup with an entree.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 5:50 pm

Programs: 1K
Originally Posted by onthesam
Today's Southwest Chicken Salad MTJ-ORD -- less lettuce than ever before but now enhanced with a tiny piece of carrot!. Accompanying the corn and bean salad was the plated piece of chocolate caramel that I've been seeing a lot lately (hint: I think, UA, you can go without plastic plate for this particular dessert). Pretzel twists were a nice touch -- an addition by the extremely professional and hardworking G7 cabin crew.

I believe this one was catered in Chicago for the turnaround.

Now with carrot piece!
I complained (didn't ask for $$) and also complimented the crew on my return flight. They just sent me a cert for $200.... how is that worth it for them? If they just spent another $10 on the catering per passenger or didn't make these cuts, I would never have complained. They possibly gave me $$ because i said the flight was a full meal last weekend of January. I'm not complaining about the cert, just find it ridiculous they'd rather do this then spend some extra $$ on catering.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 8:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
The cardinal rule for me, for many years, when offered in UA F the choice between a salad (with protein) and and sandwich, always go with the salad. Guaranteed to be the better meal!
Shhhh.... Too many people already know this secret, because they always seem to run out of the salads quickly.
rittenhousesq and onthesam like this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 10:09 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
This morning PHL-IAH mainline. Options were protein plate or the breakfast calzone with eggs cheese etc. had the calzone for the first time and it was pretty good! Worlds better then the kale egg breakfast pastry, let’s hope this is the new replacement for that dish.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: United GS; AA EXP; Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by S.R
This morning PHL-IAH mainline. Options were protein plate or the breakfast calzone with eggs cheese etc. had the calzone for the first time and it was pretty good! Worlds better then the kale egg breakfast pastry, let’s hope this is the new replacement for that dish.
Had the calzone today as well. Also liked it. Here’s a photo.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
EWR-LAX breakfast flight on Saturday

1. Savory cheese quiche, smokey tomato sauce. Served with four-pepper chicken sausage and roasted potatoes

2. Brunch crepe with apple and raisins, mixed berry sauce. Served with carmelized apples and pork sausage

3. Cereal. Served with milk.

I'm not gonna lie. The quiche was flavoral and I quite enjoyed the dish. UA breakfast in the 2000's were never good, but breakfast options are very strong on the current ps flights. I'm sure they will find a way to muck it up.

Anyone have pictures of, or can comment on the crepe?

Old Feb 26, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: AS (MVP), UA (silver), AA, DL, Hilton (Gold)
PDX-DEN. What to expect for a 5:30am flight? It is listed as snack. What does that mean?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
LAX-EWR
02/26/18
772 HD
Breakfast

selected the chorizo

very flavorful and nicely spicy

mid/late flight snack: roast beef wrap or/and mozzarella sandwich

excellent sUA crew!

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.