Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2018, 2:24 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
You can find the meal schedule here:

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...st/dining.aspx
BeeeJay likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 2:34 am

When did they make this change?

really appreciate United doing this and saving me both calories and any money I might have spent on upgrades! 😜
Old Feb 16, 2018, 3:10 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by BeeeJay
When did they make this change?

really appreciate United doing this and saving me both calories and any money I might have spent on upgrades! 😜
beginning of this month
Old Feb 16, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow. Kind of crazy that only morning flights >= 3 hours will get full breakfast.

I can just imagine Kirby, after seeing our better meals before, telling Oscar "This is not how you run an airline. You are giving away the store and our bonuses. We have to cut cut cut." (And in his mind: "and cut you right out of your job so I can take the whole thing over." )
Old Feb 16, 2018, 7:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by username
Wow. Kind of crazy that only morning flights >= 3 hours will get full breakfast.
And the definition of "full breakfast" in many instances no longer fits what most of us would understand that to be.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: 1K
ORD-HDN Snack FKA Lunch

Flew ORD-HDN yesterday in first. This flight three weeks ago was full breakfast or full lunch, depending on departure time. With the new changes is snack. One choice for all 12 passengers. Chicken and Black Bean Salad. Picture below. It was actually really tasty, but wasn't filling at all. The flight attendant kept getting snackboxes etc. for other first class passengers in addition to the meal. First flight in about two years of no PDB of choice, just orange juice & water. Lunch on this flight prior was usually a wrap/sandwich with a side salad, nuts, and a cookie. Not sure I'd pay $1100 for a first class ticket again on this route and just go for the upgrade or take American which serves a full meal on it currently. Flight time when booking showed 3 hours 5 mins, had lunch when originally booked.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 9:10 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
What should I expect on IAH-PHL 7:55pm departure listed as dinner? Its an E175 so I know whatever the options are will be cold, but I want to make sure there will actually be dinner and not just a snack because I wont have time to eat before the flight.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
I flew BOS-ORD this past Wed. Cleared into F as a UA Silver at T-24 - just crazy. F had 5/20 sold and eventually departed with only 2 empty F seats.
Snack meal was a cheese plate or a pasta salad, which was decent. Good service - old plane though.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by username

I can just imagine Kirby, after seeing our better meals before, telling Oscar "This is not how you run an airline. You are giving away the store and our bonuses. We have to cut cut cut." (And in his mind: "and cut you right out of your job so I can take the whole thing over." )
Maybe it's time for United to partner with Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig? Then, they can make a virtue out of starving their passengers for greater profit
Old Feb 16, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
Sitting in 4K on 787 and informed that my meal choice is chicken salad or burger. Seatmate and I both ask for salad and of course I’m the odd man out - no more salads left. Great.

I’d rather eat my own feet than the disgusting burgers.

Ridiculous that im in the middle of the F cabin and they only load a handful of preferred meals.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mrswirl
...I’d rather eat my own feet than the disgusting burgers...
Certainly your opinion. I like ‘em. Better than McDonalds.
NH_Clark likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 12:42 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH

Certainly your opinion. I like ‘em. Better than McDonalds.
That's a really high bar you've set
Old Feb 17, 2018, 1:59 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Personally, I'd rather have a Big Mac than the BOB burger but I think it's insane that I have to think about finding a decent meal to take onboard when I've booked First Class passage, especially when it's a 6+ hour flight.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
SEA-DEN Mid-afternoon Flight.

Oh sorry, that was a while back. Now featuring:

Old Feb 17, 2018, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
SEA-DEN Mid-afternoon Flight.

Oh sorry, that was a while back. Now featuring:

demkr likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.