Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

2018 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Closed Thread

Old Dec 18, 18, 11:55 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
So is the BOS-EWR “refreshment” still a muffin?
Old Dec 18, 18, 1:50 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; SPG Plat; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Plat; Hertz Pres Cirlce
Originally Posted by st530 View Post
Had the same meal ORD-SEA and on the return SEA-ORD two weeks ago. Chicken was pretty good and had solid tandoori taste.
Old Dec 20, 18, 3:32 pm

Location: Odessa, by way of El Paso, by way of Abuja, by way of Mexico City, by way of...
Programs: Aadvantage Gold, AmEx Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Club, Admiral's Club, Hyatt Platinum
I had a Thai chicken on my lunch flight from San Diego to Houston. I have pictures on my personal blog, but I really enjoyed the meal. The other choice was- wait for it- a salad with grilled chicken on top.

There was a weird whole grain underneath my chicken, which I guess makes sense since it would be hard to keep rice moist at altitude. On balance, though, this was a solid meal choice which I would definitely order again.
Old Dec 21, 18, 11:15 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by westtexas View Post
I had a Thai chicken on my lunch flight from San Diego to Houston. I have pictures on my personal blog, but I really enjoyed the meal. The other choice was- wait for it- a salad with grilled chicken on top.
Had the same two choices on LAS-IAH earlier this month and also had the Thai chicken and enjoyed it. When the F/A read off the choices, I looked at her and said, "So, chicken or chicken, huh?" and she looked taken aback and then recovered and said "Yeah, you're right!" as if it never occurred to her. LOL
Old Dec 23, 18, 11:12 am

Programs: UA Global Services 2MM, SQ Kris Flyer, AAdvantage, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Premier Plat
23 Dec 2018 IAH-CLT 1040 am departure E175

The ridiculous Kirby wrap. Embarrassing.

Old Dec 24, 18, 5:54 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC

1:54 YVR-SFO A319

Other choice a wrap with sweet chili sauce. Cheeses were tasty, nuts crunchy & grapes plump. Prosciutto tasted like a salt lick.

Old Dec 24, 18, 6:15 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hertz PC
The ridiculous Kirby wrap. Embarrassing.

Please tell us that you already ate the other, larger part of that wrap before taking the photo!
Old Dec 24, 18, 6:37 am

Programs: UA Global Services 2MM, SQ Kris Flyer, AAdvantage, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Premier Plat
Originally Posted by narvik View Post
Please tell us that you already ate the other, larger part of that wrap before taking the photo!
Nope. That was the whole thing.
Old Dec 24, 18, 6:57 am

Nope. That was the whole thing.
Then, Kirby Wrap indeed.

EWR764, MatthewLAX, st530 and 3 others like this.

Last edited by narvik; Dec 24, 18 at 7:09 am
Old Dec 24, 18, 9:33 am

Programs: UA 1 MM
Originally Posted by narvik View Post
Then, Kirby Wrap indeed.

I bet Smisek wishes he had thought of this.
Old Dec 24, 18, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by artvandalay View Post
I bet Smisek wishes he had thought of this.
I forgot to mention that on all EWR-CAE flights, the Kirby Wrap is substituted with this offering:

MatthewLAX and artvandalay like this.
Old Dec 24, 18, 10:05 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.25MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ericka View Post
So is the BOS-EWR “refreshment” still a muffin?
Yes, on morning flights they rotate among blueberry muffin, carrot cake muffin or chocolate chip scone. After 10am you get the snack basket
Old Dec 24, 18, 3:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
The IAD-DEN and v-v breakfast and lunch options were atrocious on my flights over the weekend. Breakfast was a sandwich (which I chose) or cereal; the sandwich bread tasted plasticy, and the sausage on it was quite bland. Needed some kind of sauce just to be edible. The accompanying fruit was pineapple and grapes, which was pretty skimpy.

Lunch on the return was a pesto chicken dish--the chicken and pesto were OK, but whatever cream o' blah they immersed it in was bland and foul; seemed like spinach and quinoa? The other option was the sesame noodle salad, which I really should have opted for (it is at least edible, from past experience).

I don't know how the domestic first meals have gone so backwards in recent years, but IME and IMHO they continue to drop off in quality.
Old Dec 24, 18, 7:19 pm

United 206 (leaving Chicago at 8:05 AM), Snack:

Choices were Egg white sandwich or cereal. I chose the egg white sandwich, the cereal seems to be some Cheerios-style knockoff.

Egg white sandwich. No meat inside it. At first I thought the bread was going to be crusty and tough, but it was surprisingly soft. Doesn't look like much, but it'll fill you up.

Chobani strawberry yogurt, fresh fruit. Fresh fruit was good, wish there was more of it.

United 1850 (leaving Orlando at 8:36 AM), Snack:

This is an Egg White pastry. Very dry, pretty boring. The "salsa" at the side was a thin tomato sauce with onions and some diced peppers. No meat in the pastry. I tried eating the pastry with and without the salsa, but it was bland and boring with or without. A packet of Tabasco or Sriracha would have helped immensely. Fruit and yogurt at the side were fresh and tasty.

Last edited by YOUR_FAVORITE_AUDITOR; Dec 24, 18 at 7:21 pm Reason: Fixing bold
Old Dec 26, 18, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold, IHG Platinum
UA533 DEN-ORD today. Lunch options were the pesto chicken or the "asian beef salad thing" in the words of the FA (actually great service on this flight, I just got a kick out of his description). I had the chicken, it wasn't bad.

Weird thing I noticed is that the warm nuts tasted... freezerburned. Maybe they were just stale. As did the quinoa or whatever grain they're using as a bed for the chicken, but the nuts were worse. Anybody else encountered this?

Search this Thread