Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by tstauck
LAX-BOS 7/5 Lunch

Cleared a CPU at the gate, full PDB, hot towels, warm nuts, chicken and artichoke which was great. Other was ravioli and mushroom which look really good.

Sorbet dessert served separately, warm cookie before landing.

Excellent service overall!

Had the same meal on LAX-IAD, and really liked that chicken
tstauck likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 10:42 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by SFO777
Blown away?? LOL. Let's face it. In the race to the bottom, neither are going to win any culinary prizes.
The only thing that AA has going for it are the Flagship Lounges, Flagship Dining at JFK (not LAX) and the LAX QF Lounge.
Don't forget that on AA, you can pre-order stuff you won't like.
SFO777 likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 6:02 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
MSY-EWR snack for a 2:30 PM departure - choice was a cheese plate or the wrap stuffed with tasteless veggies. Embarrassing spread to offer, IMO...all the plating is upgraded to what was originally designed for Polaris flights, but now they are serving ridiculous offerings on them!
Old Jul 30, 2018, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
FLL-EWR, 3:35p departure

Protien plate (hummus, chicken, kale, quinoa) or cheese plate (Prosciutto, Brie, white, cheddar, almonds, grapes, one strawberry)

Honestly, I liked the protein plate, even with just a lemon wedge for dressing. The cheese plate also looked nice. For a 2.5hr flight at 3:35p, I think either option is a nice snack.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
EWR-IAD
6:15am departure - 739
Light Snack

Had expected just a snack basket on this short flight. Got a warmed blueberry scone, which wasn't bad.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Yeah, Refreshments at breakfast time is a scone instead of the snack basket. It's a huge improvement IMO, and makes me sad I don't fly at breakfast time very often. I wish they could do something small and plated like cheese or an "appetizer" course from int'l service (yes, I know this is more expensive..)
Old Aug 6, 2018, 1:14 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
BOS-SFO, 31 July, dinner flight.

The turbot was delicious as always. The portion seemed to be smaller than usual.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by PTahCha
BOS-SFO, 31 July, dinner flight.
...The portion seemed to be smaller than usual.
On my p.s.flight yesterday, I ordered beef (short rib, but different form the picture) and my seatmate ordered chicken. My seatmate's portion was tiny, while mine was a lot bigger than I remembered. I guess it's really inconsistent. To be clear, I wasn't complaining...
Old Aug 8, 2018, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Anyone know what to expect on UAX IAH-CVG? Listed as dinner, 7:50pm departure with flight time listed as 2:20, so think this gets the 2h 20+ treatment due to the mileage (over 750 or whatever be cutoff used to be when listed in miles). It’s probably been a couple of years since I’ve been in F on that departure, but I’m pretty sure last time I had some sort of sandwich. Can anyone confirm if it still gets something similar, and what kind of choices to expect - hoping (for the wife’s sake) that one of the options is still/can be veg.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Anyone know what to expect on UAX IAH-CVG? Listed as dinner, 7:50pm departure with flight time listed as 2:20, so think this gets the 2h 20+ treatment due to the mileage (over 750 or whatever be cutoff used to be when listed in miles). It’s probably been a couple of years since I’ve been in F on that departure, but I’m pretty sure last time I had some sort of sandwich. Can anyone confirm if it still gets something similar, and what kind of choices to expect - hoping (for the wife’s sake) that one of the options is still/can be veg.
Here was the offering back in June.

Originally Posted by goodeats21
June 2018
IAH->CVG - UAX
Dinner

UAX catering is turning out better than mainline. With the comfort of the A seats on the various EMB/CRJs 2-cabin models, not sure mainline is the place to be now.
Pasta salad was tasty and filling. It did remind me of the old school United red-eye meals...
Other choice was a salad with grilled chicken.

Old Aug 8, 2018, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

June 2018
IAH->CVG - UAX
Dinner

UAX catering is turning out better than mainline. With the comfort of the A seats on the various EMB/CRJs 2-cabin models, not sure mainline is the place to be now.
Pasta salad was tasty and filling. It did remind me of the old school United red-eye meals...
Other choice was a salad with grilled chicken.

img
Is that a shaker pint glass? I have never seen that aboard.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by emcampbe
…what kind of choices to expect - hoping (for the wife’s sake) that one of the options is still/can be veg…
Every UX lunch/dinner flight I’ve had in recent memory offered an entree salad as one choice. The meat comes on a side plate. Most FAs have removed it from the tray before serving when I ask politely.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by fumje
Is that a shaker pint glass? I have never seen that aboard.
No, I think just a perspective distortion in the photo. IIRC, just a regular tall United glass...
Old Aug 8, 2018, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, I think just a perspective distortion in the photo. IIRC, just a regular tall United glass...
Ah, I see it now.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
IAH-EWR lunch Aug 2 - choice of Asian noodle salad with beef or jambalaya (interestingly, two different cheesecakes - not sure if that's a miscater or I just never noticed)
LGA-ORD lunch Aug 4 - choice of Asian noodle salad with chicken or chicken tandoori
ORD-EWR dinner Aug 5 - choice of Asian noodle salad with chicken or chicken tandoori (sound familiar?)
EWR-IAH (Astros HOF-er Craig Biggio across the aisle) dinner Aug 7 - choice of arugula salad with chicken or buffalo mac and cheese

I would post pics but you've seen it all before ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.