Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

2018 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old May 21, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Originally Posted by TWA Guy
UA 6028 AUS-IAD
Tuesday May 16
Messy E175
Breakfast!!! That's right, this was breakfast! And no alternative choice offered
It looks like they're taking inspiration from Lunchables. Did it come with a kids toy or crayons?
Old May 21, 2018, 3:04 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by greenpau
Apologies if this is posted elsewhere, but apparently June 1st is the day when we will see more changes to the catering service.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...ain/622583002/

It's unclear to me if they will be "rolling back" to the period of time before they began this "catering experiment" based on feedback here, or if they are merely postponing further cuts / "snacking" adjustments (like the elimination of meals altogether on some routes). We shall see.
Active discussion in United Domestic First Meal Service Reduction on the cutbacks and now on the restorations.
Old May 21, 2018, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K
Today, SMF-IAH, UA 2087

Packaged pretzels instead of warm nuts then a choice of “salad “ or a cheese and fruit plate. At least we still had PDB.
Old May 22, 2018, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA
What should I expect on LAX-DEN 730 departure?
Old May 23, 2018, 1:32 am

Programs: UA Prem Plat, CX MPC Silver, CI Dynasty Gold; HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG, IHG Ambassador
​​​​UA 404 IAH - SFO
21 May 2018
B739
Breakfast - Oatmeal and fruit

The other choice was some sort of egg wrap . I chose the oatmeal.
Old May 24, 2018, 2:43 am

This is the vegetarian egg wrap. Mushrooms, eggs, cheese, bell pepper. Not bad

Old May 24, 2018, 7:30 am

lol....are we heading back to the dreaded of the boquets(sp?)
Old May 24, 2018, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by kmersh
I couldn't hear what the FA called it but I think TWSS
Old May 24, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kmersh
If so, at least we'll know the answer to the age old question of which came first, the chicken or the egg.
Old May 24, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
ORD-ANC (4pm Departure)

Lobster Mac and Cheese or Lentil Chili. Mac and Cheese was warmed up perfectly. Very tasty, but a little on the small side. Side Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette, Warm Cookie served after dinner. (fantastic crew)

ANC-ORD (9:20pm Departure)

Shocked to have 2 options on this late flight

Cold Chicken Breast on the side, and a large salad, Ranch Dressing. Cold Bread on the side, and Ghirardelli Chocolate on side.
Peperoni Calzone (hot)

Before arrival warm muffin.
Old May 24, 2018, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by LASUA1K
Lobster Mac and Cheese or Lentil Chili. Mac and Cheese was warmed up perfectly. Very tasty, but a little on the small side. Side Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette, Warm Cookie served after dinner. (fantastic crew)
Lobster mac is still flying?

I've had so many lackluster meals recently I'd given up hope of seeing it again.
Old May 24, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by findark
Lobster mac is still flying?

I've had so many lackluster meals recently I'd given up hope of seeing it again.
Yup! It was actually really good, a bit too small, I wanted more and but it had some big chunks of lobster.. It was my first time having it and I was pleasantly surprised.
Old May 24, 2018, 2:47 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by LASUA1K
Yup! It was actually really good, a bit too small, I wanted more and but it had some big chunks of lobster.. It was my first time having it and I was pleasantly surprised.
sounds like you got mine. 2 tniy pieces in the whole plate MCO-SFO. suppose i should count myself lucky given the large number of people who were forced into the #2 choice of lentils which did not look particularly appetizing. lots of unhappy paid F pax.
Old May 24, 2018, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
sounds like you got mine. 2 tniy pieces in the whole plate MCO-SFO. suppose i should count myself lucky given the large number of people who were forced into the #2 choice of lentils which did not look particularly appetizing. lots of unhappy paid F pax.
I cannot speak to the UNITED version of the Lentil Chili but the American Airlines version was pretty good, although I will grant you that it did not look the best.
wrp96 likes this.
Old May 24, 2018, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
The people I know who like lentils think that the lentils on UA are good... I do not like lentils though

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.