Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sky303
Ah, makes sense now. Thanks. I haven't spent much time in this forum yet, LOL....

Is there any official way for elites to submit compliments?
If you're 1K or GS there is a dedicated email. Otherwise, go via the web site - united.com
Old Jan 14, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by transportprof
If you're 1K or GS there is a dedicated email. Otherwise, go via the web site - united.com
Currently trial 1K on a match challenge. Where do I find the email address?
Old Jan 14, 2018, 2:38 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Email address is on the back of your 1K card. Perhaps it's buried in the web site if you have 1K status enabled when you log in?
Old Jan 14, 2018, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by findark
Ditto. I honestly don't remember how far the tray usually makes it, but it's enough of a reach in that I am always taking it rather than risking food in my lap. Same for all airlines - maybe some FAs are quick and good enough it ends up on my tray before I react, but I doubt it.
Thanks for the replies and insight. When in Business Class I typically take a window seat. With that said, the flight attendants normally place the food on my tray table or close enough for me just to guide the plate. Sometimes they use a tray and lean that over and I take it from there. In this particular flight the flight attendant didn't move too much (thus my questioning him and directive reply) I had ordered the lasagna and it came luke warm ( I asked if they can heat it up a bit more) when he came back to serve the plate (he offered the plate to my hand over my seatmates lap and said hot plate) I lifted up my tray table to meet him (he then said what your not going to eat) I said no I'm trying to meet you so I don't have to handle a hot plate especially since you have a protective device and I don't. Service was rather rushed. Snacks (veggie sandwich and wraps) were just passed out with no plates, no offers of beverages and just a negative vibe the whole time.. I know we talk about the food in this thread but service is a big part as well..
Old Jan 14, 2018, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Email address is on the back of your 1K card. Perhaps it's buried in the web site if you have 1K status enabled when you log in?
If you have the app the address is on the back of the digital card. Just tap the card to get it to flip over.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fumje
If you have the app the address is on the back of the digital card. Just tap the card to get it to flip over.
Cool thanks! Useful for future reference.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Thanks for the replies and insight. When in Business Class I typically take a window seat. With that said, the flight attendants normally place the food on my tray table or close enough for me just to guide the plate. Sometimes they use a tray and lean that over and I take it from there. In this particular flight the flight attendant didn't move too much (thus my questioning him and directive reply) I had ordered the lasagna and it came luke warm ( I asked if they can heat it up a bit more) when he came back to serve the plate (he offered the plate to my hand over my seatmates lap and said hot plate) I lifted up my tray table to meet him (he then said what your not going to eat) I said no I'm trying to meet you so I don't have to handle a hot plate especially since you have a protective device and I don't. Service was rather rushed. Snacks (veggie sandwich and wraps) were just passed out with no plates, no offers of beverages and just a negative vibe the whole time.. I know we talk about the food in this thread but service is a big part as well..
Ive run into a few FAs like this that won’t even lean any further than they do for the aisle pax and won’t refill a glass unless I hand it to them - even on the center console.

It’s awkward - they tend to be very senior - only seen it on long haul intl so figure it’s something either out of their control or that will never change so don’t bring it up.

Old Jan 15, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
UA 574 ORD to BOS (1345 Departure Snack Basket)
13/1/18

Didn't see the Haribo gummy bears in the snack basket this time, but did notice some new items. I'm not certain how often UA rotates the selections. Happy to report plenty of Glenfarclas available

Old Jan 15, 2018, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA
UA 580, ORD-LAX, 1/14/18
737-900, lunch

Choices were Chicken Tandoori or Asian chicken salad, picked the tandoori, no regrets. Chicken wasn't dry, rice was fine, paneer and sauce that was served with the entree was excellent. Pretzel roll was good. Some sort of lemon cake for dessert was acceptable.

Last edited by thejaredhuang; Jan 17, 2018 at 2:13 pm
Old Jan 15, 2018, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
UA 580, ORD-LAX, 1/14/18
737-900, lunch

Choices were Chicken Tandoori or Asian chicken salad, picked the tandoori, no regrets. Chicken wasn't dry, rice was fine, tofu and sauce that was served with the entree was excellent. Pretzel roll was good. Some sort of lemon cake for dessert was acceptable.

The return of regular salads! The real place we need this is in International Economy....
Old Jan 15, 2018, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Lunch flight LAX-IAH today, choice of paella or salad with chicken (as above). Paella was ok.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 12:56 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by demkr
UA5637
ERJ 175
MSP-SFO
Lunch
1/2/18

Choice of a chicken salad/fruit or beef wrap/side salad. Had the chicken salad. Tasted okay, but I would've liked something more substantial for a four hour flight (some bread would've been nice).

Same thing on YYC-SFO tonight. The cookie was nabbed by my 3 year old nephew.

Old Jan 16, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by demkr
UA5637
ERJ 175
MSP-SFO
Lunch
1/2/18

Choice of a chicken salad/fruit or beef wrap/side salad. Had the chicken salad. Tasted okay, but I would've liked something more substantial for a four hour flight (some bread would've been nice).

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Same thing on YYC-SFO tonight. The cookie was nabbed by my 3 year old nephew.

That's the most you can expect on UAX
Old Jan 16, 2018, 7:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
And it's better than what I've gotten on my last three mainline UA mid-cons.

I'll take that single F seat on the 175 every day of the week.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 7:38 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
I was somewhat disappointed to see this variety of salad show up on one of my UAX flights a few months ago. I don't know why, but the sliced black olives seems kind of cheap looking and reminiscent of the post merger aligned catering where they had some romaine, olives, and cucumbers tossed in with overly processed chicken.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.