Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2018 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
EWR-TPA
Dinner
Choices were salad with rubbery chicken and a shrimp & sausage paella.

Old Mar 12, 2018, 8:26 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
FLL-IAH dinner flight last night, cheeseburger or the salad with chicken.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:03 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Had the seared beef short rib both legs of my EWR-LAX trip this weekend. Ridiculously overcooked both times...last time I’m ordering any beef dish on UA. I should know better by now.
You mean the beef that's definitely not short rib, but listed as such on the menu?
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Any non ps redeye “snacks” lately? Flying SFO-PHL this week at 10:55p.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 1:27 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by physioprof
You mean the beef that's definitely not short rib, but listed as such on the menu?
If you want actual short rib, you need to be on the flight that has "flat iron steak"
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:00 am

Programs: 1K
Ord-hdn-ord 3/9-3/12

One choice, roast beef and noodles on both directions. While I wish they still served a full lunch on this flight or at least some nuts, I have to say it was delicious and was hoping I would get it on the return flight as well, which I did. I had already had a bite or two prior to this picture, so it did come out looking more appetizing than the photo I snapped.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:29 am

So basically, what they serve as a premium cabin snack is what is served as an economy meal? How sad is that?

Frankly, I’d take the Economy meal for the brownie and the fruit anyday over the chocolate square....
goodeats21, SkiPremier and EAlyse like this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
So basically, what they serve as a premium cabin snack is what is served as an economy meal? How sad is that?

Frankly, I’d take the Economy meal for the brownie and the fruit anyday over the chocolate square....
Kirby thinks you should be thankful and blessed to eat off 'fine china' and not out of a plastic box - his value proposition for domestic F dining.

SkiPremier likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 11:30 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Had the seared beef short rib both legs of my EWR-LAX trip this weekend. Ridiculously overcooked both times...last time I’m ordering any beef dish on UA. I should know better by now.
Well, technically seared beef short rib would be terrible, because if you don't braise it, it would be full of uncooked beef fat. It's not a steak.

It was delicious when I had it 2 weeks ago, albeit on a flight with 3 GS and 8 1K in 16 seats, and I still got my first choice in row 1.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 9:09 am

What can i expect for dinner ?
  • Arrive:
    12:20 a.m. +1 Day
    Thu., Apr. 12, 2018
    San Juan, PR, US (SJU - Luis Muñoz Marín)
  • Flight Time:3 hr 56 mn

Travel Time:
    17 hr 55 mn
  • Flight distance:
    1,608 m/2,588 km
  •  
    • Flight: UA1543
    • Aircraft: Boeing 737-900
    • Fare Class: United First (P)
    • Meal: Dinner
Old Mar 14, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
LAX-YVR on UA 5419. F snack was a "chicken apple salad". A couple of lettuce leaves, half an apple julienned, and three chicken strips. And two plain crackers, the kind they serve with the cheese course in international J.
Daniel Larsson likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 12:21 am

SFO - EWR (J)
March, 11:45 PM - 8:11 AM
Meal: Snack

The hamburger was actually fine despite its looks. Edible but definitely worse than what you could buy in the airport. At first I thought the pretzel roll bun was odd but then I realized that it worked well for absorbing the grease from the burger. The bun didn't get too soggy. The toppings (smoked gouda, tomato, lettuce) actually enhanced the burger a lot.

The bowl in the upper right contains grapes.

Rating: worse than SFO dining but better than scavenging in the club lounge.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat
Originally Posted by Daniel Larsson
What can i expect for dinner ?
  • Arrive:
    12:20 a.m. +1 Day
    Thu., Apr. 12, 2018
    San Juan, PR, US (SJU - Luis Muñoz Marín)
  • Flight Time:3 hr 56 mn

Travel Time:
    17 hr 55 mn
  • Flight distance:
    1,608 m/2,588 km
  •  
    • Flight: UA1543
    • Aircraft: Boeing 737-900
    • Fare Class: United First (P)
    • Meal: Dinner
Where are you coming from?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 3:40 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
UA1543 departs from EWR.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
UA 762 IAD-IAH, 3/9/2018, 737-700

CPU cleared about 30 minutes after check-in, a pleasant surprise with such a small F cabin. (And then what I thought would be the easy CPU of this trip, a 767-300 flying IAH-IAD, departed with me at least 10 spots down the upgrade list Wednesday. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ) Choices were the tomato-kale pastry or the protein plate, I got the pastry, and I liked that mix of vegetables, scrambled eggs and a little cheese. It's nice to see the airline taking some chances with inflight dining! The protein plate looked boring next to that, not to mention in dire need of a less clinical name.

They brought around a breakfast breads after everybody had finished, but that sub-par pacing did not stop me from devouring a biscuit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.