Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 757-300 Slimline (24F,54E+,156E-)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2017, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
United has reconfigured its 757-300 planes to increase density, primarily by adding non E+ seats (1 fewer E+ seats, 22 more E seats).

New Configuration
Boeing 757-300 (753)
24F 54E+ 156E

Post 165 assesses Seats 7DE (and 8ABC) (summary - watch out)
The armrest between 23 B/C and D/E is movable.
The inboard armrest on 23A & F is fixed and contains the tray table.

https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-753

Previous thread:Consolidated "UA 757-300 Seating, IFE, etc." Thread

Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 757-300 Slimline (24F,54E+,156E-)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2018, 1:41 pm

Hey everyone, I need some help about boeing 757-300. We have 2 adults and 2 kids flying SFO-DCA, but we are booking on two different itineraries because each adult has enough mileage points for a roundtrip flight for 2. So, we have one of us book with one kid, and one of us book with another kid. We obviously want to sit together, however, now that I'm seeing this weird map that's not on the website and as I'm finding out will actually change, how do we select seats so we will end up sitting together? We can't have exit row seats because we have two little kids, both kids will be in car seats.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 1:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by stormpelt
We have 2 adults and 2 kids flying SFO-DCA, but we are booking on two different itineraries because each adult has enough mileage points for a roundtrip flight for 2. So, we have one of us book with one kid, and one of us book with another kid. We obviously want to sit together, however, now that I'm seeing this weird map that's not on the website and as I'm finding out will actually change, how do we select seats so we will end up sitting together? We can't have exit row seats because we have two little kids, both kids will be in car seats.
The point of UA using the weird seatmap is so that seats won't get moved around when one of the two aircraft versions is assigned. Seats you select now should be good through departure. This is subject to the usual risk of UA randomly scrambling seat assignments.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 2:30 pm

In the new 753 is there still a bulkhead cutout for 1a and 1b or was that removed?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 2:38 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by dontfit
In the new 753 is there still a bulkhead cutout for 1a and 1b or was that removed?
It's still there. 1A is still the best domestic F seat in the UA fleet (IMO).
sol95 and findark like this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:33 am
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Was looking at some flights from LAX to HNL later this month and the seat map is showing this (interim?) 757-300, however, it looks as if row 9 is now E+...?
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mr8
Was looking at some flights from LAX to HNL later this month and the seat map is showing this (interim?) 757-300, however, it looks as if row 9 is now E+...?
Row 9 is always E+, whatever 753 configuration you end up with - and it will not be a bulkhead row. The map you show is a placeholder and does not reflect a configuration UA flies. The wiki shows the two "real" configurations, one of which will eventually be show up in the days before the flight. A lot of new seat choices will pop up when it does.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
It's still there. 1A is still the best domestic F seat in the UA fleet (IMO).
I've got a choice between 1A and 1B on this aircraft type, flying solo. I usually take the aisle seat when alone. Should I switch to the window? Why is 1A better than 1B?
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by transportprof
I've got a choice between 1A and 1B on this aircraft type, flying solo. I usually take the aisle seat when alone. Should I switch to the window? Why is 1A better than 1B?
1B looks right at the galley and lav. It can be pretty distracting. 1A is much better IMO. There's enough space to get out if the person next to you doesn't have their feet on the bulkhead.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
1B looks right at the galley and lav. It can be pretty distracting. 1A is much better IMO. There's enough space to get out if the person next to you doesn't have their feet on the bulkhead.
Thanks! I've switched to 1A.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by mr8
Yes, they fixed that months ago.
drewguy likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mr8
Originally Posted by findark
Yes, they fixed that months ago.
Seems to be un-fixed now.

Related to / bungled by the corp. pref. seating, maybe?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, UA .53 MM, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE, TSA Pre, Hertz PC
Seat Map Shows Full, then 15+ Empty Seats at T-96

I have noticed this twice now, and just again recently enough to recall the details.

Flying SFO-ORD on 12/21/18. When I booked my ticket in early November, the only seat available on the 757-300 was 15B. Like any good FlyerTalk'er would, I checked the seat map 1-2x per day, hoping that a seat would open up so I could get out of the dreaded E- middle seat. Every time I checked, it still showed the seat map as having no empty / available seats. Low and behold, on Monday or Tuesday of this week, I opened the app and there are a plethora of open seats: Rows 41, 42, 43 A-F are all open, 35A-F, 33A-F. 32A-C, 23A-F, 14A-F, 8A-F, 7D-E.

What happened that all of a sudden a huge number of seats opened up?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LRMErnst
They switched from the interim seat map to the slimlined seat map.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM; AS MVP-G
Row 22?

Anyone have any insight as to Row 22 (specifically seat 22B?)
I like some extra shoulder room.
Don't care about recline.
Is there more legroom?
Space between door and seat?

There must be *some* reason this seat isn't econ plus.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by LRMErnst
This is why you don't panic if you can't get a decent E+ seat on this aircraft in advance. At T-48 there will be like more than a dozen new seats open.

Only one of the non-slimlined 753s left, so this interim seatmap should not be around much longer.
Originally Posted by GreerApproach
Anyone have any insight as to Row 22 (specifically seat 22B?)
I like some extra shoulder room.
Don't care about recline.
Is there more legroom?
Space between door and seat?

There must be *some* reason this seat isn't econ plus.
It has regular E- legroom and it does not recline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.