Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 757-300 Slimline (24F,54E+,156E-)

Old Dec 29, 2017, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
United has reconfigured its 757-300 planes to increase density, primarily by adding non E+ seats (1 fewer E+ seats, 22 more E seats).

New Configuration
Boeing 757-300 (753)
24F 54E+ 156E

Post 165 assesses Seats 7DE (and 8ABC) (summary - watch out)
The armrest between 23 B/C and D/E is movable.
The inboard armrest on 23A & F is fixed and contains the tray table.

https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-753

Previous thread:Consolidated "UA 757-300 Seating, IFE, etc." Thread

Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 757-300 Slimline (24F,54E+,156E-)

Old May 10, 2018, 5:20 am

Programs: American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
As many above have experienced, I flew this last Saturday and they swapped to the seat config with 3 in row 40. Luckily nobody took the middle so my wife and I still had just the two of us.
Old May 10, 2018, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Filler03
As many above have experienced, I flew this last Saturday and they swapped to the seat config with 3 in row 40. Luckily nobody took the middle so my wife and I still had just the two of us.
Don't both configs have 3 (per side) in row 40?

Old May 12, 2018, 4:22 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Has anyone flown in 7D/E? Any feedback on if the bulkhead is standard distance or is it restricted, etc? Have a choice between 7E or one of the further back rows. Thanks!
Old May 12, 2018, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by CruiserCLE
Has anyone flown in 7D/E? Any feedback on if the bulkhead is standard distance or is it restricted, etc? Have a choice between 7E or one of the further back rows. Thanks!
The 2R galley is facing you, so it's not a bulkhead per se. There would be a lot of "legroom" but you're probably contending with the FA in the galley so I'll let someone who has actually flown the seat comment.
Old May 12, 2018, 4:15 pm

Programs: WN A-List
These slimline seats are really uncomfortable. Especially on a six hour flight to HNL. My back will need a few days to recover. I flew in the bulkhead seats on a 737-900 on the outbound trip and found them even less comfortable.
Old May 14, 2018, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by johnboy90025
OK my assumptions were correct, 23A is a good seat, it reclines and you can use 21A as your under-seat storage. Although having to unbuckle your seat belt to get your stuff is a little bit of a pain. Also, your tray is in your armrest, and if it's one of those seats on which the armrest doesn't go up. There is no power outlet between 23A and 23B, but there is one between 23B and 23C.
I was on a new config over the weekend and it DID have power between 23A and 23B. 23A is an excellent seat!
Old May 16, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Odd seat map for UAL 660 on 5/21

I'm in Row 9, the front coach row of the plane but when i try to find the seat map on seatguru.com, they dont show any 757-300 aircraft with this configuration?

any clues as to whats going on?
Old May 16, 2018, 2:23 pm

Good question. UA's website doesn't seem to have an 753 that matches that either.
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...0/default.aspx

The only other time I've seen an odd seat map is when there's a relatively high possibility of an aircraft swap, and they are holding back seats (but I've seen that more often in F than with Y).
Old May 16, 2018, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
See the wiki here. I would be very interested what happens to people in 9ABC, as the seats are E- in the hybrid seatmap but never E- on the actual frame (or even close!).
Old May 16, 2018, 6:28 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by findark
See the wiki here. I would be very interested what happens to people in 9ABC, as the seats are E- in the hybrid seatmap but never E- on the actual frame (or even close!).
should i be worried LOL
Old May 16, 2018, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by caseminole
should i be worried LOL
Pretty sure they leave whoever's there there when it turns into E+. Unless of course they do the double-shuffle, then all bets are off.

But please do report, especially if you don't have free E+ access at booking, and especially especially if you don't have free E+ access at all.

The 'final' (or as final as things ever are) seat map will show up approximately between 5/18 and 5/19.
Old May 17, 2018, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by fumje
Pretty sure they leave whoever's there there when it turns into E+. Unless of course they do the double-shuffle, then all bets are off.

But please do report, especially if you don't have free E+ access at booking, and especially especially if you don't have free E+ access at all.

The 'final' (or as final as things ever are) seat map will show up approximately between 5/18 and 5/19.
I'm Premier Silver, so I get free E+ at T-24

Seatmap shows seats BEHIND me as E+, so unsure why it is letting me select row 9 beforehand.

I'll keep checking
Old May 17, 2018, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm Premier Silver, so I get free E+ at T-24

Seatmap shows seats BEHIND me as E+, so unsure why it is letting me select row 9 beforehand.

I'll keep checking
9ABC being treated as regular E is just an oddity of the interim config. that I can't explain. I suppose if the system leaves you in row 9 when the final map is assigned, you will likely be in E+ before T-24, which could be nice. At least for my own curiosity and edification, I would be interested to hear what happens for you.
Old May 21, 2018, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by fumje
9ABC being treated as regular E is just an oddity of the interim config. that I can't explain. I suppose if the system leaves you in row 9 when the final map is assigned, you will likely be in E+ before T-24, which could be nice. At least for my own curiosity and edification, I would be interested to hear what happens for you.
The seat map self-corrected a couple of days ago.
I'm Silver Premier, so have free access to E+ on check in anyways, but i swapped 9C for 21F. All rows opened up, including row 9, so had i NOT been Silver, i assume it may have just let me have the seat at no cost, but we wont really know
Old May 21, 2018, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The seat map self-corrected a couple of days ago.
I'm Silver Premier, so have free access to E+ on check in anyways, but i swapped 9C for 21F. All rows opened up, including row 9, so had i NOT been Silver, i assume it may have just let me have the seat at no cost, but we wont really know
Thanks for reporting back! ^ Since there was at least one day between the seat map being assigned and you being eligible to check-in, during which you were still in 9C, it does sound as though you could have had the seat for no cost even if not Silver.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.