Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 757-300 Slimline (24F,54E+,156E-)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2017, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
United has reconfigured its 757-300 planes to increase density, primarily by adding non E+ seats (1 fewer E+ seats, 22 more E seats).

New Configuration
Boeing 757-300 (753)
24F 54E+ 156E

Post 165 assesses Seats 7DE (and 8ABC) (summary - watch out)
The armrest between 23 B/C and D/E is movable.
The inboard armrest on 23A & F is fixed and contains the tray table.

https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-753

Previous thread:Consolidated "UA 757-300 Seating, IFE, etc." Thread

Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 757-300 Slimline (24F,54E+,156E-)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2022, 6:29 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
Will seat 8A have a window next to it
Yes
https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-753
but some restriction foot space for the emergency slide
Old Sep 17, 2022, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by DELee
Aerolopa (https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-753) shows a window next to 8A.

David
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Yes
but some restriction foot space for the emergency slide
oh wow this is awesome didn't know the windows lined up too with this seat map. Thanks for this! 8A is the only left seat with the exception of a couple middle seats. Is the door bulge super obstructive or is the leg space still decent compared to other seats? Never sat in this kind of seat before
Old Sep 17, 2022, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

oh wow this is awesome didn't know the windows lined up too with this seat map. Thanks for this! 8A is the only left seat with the exception of a couple middle seats. Is the door bulge super obstructive or is the leg space still decent compared to other seats? Never sat in this kind of seat before
It is obtrusive, but it won't cause you back problems. The window is also not great for looking out — requires a fairly sharp neck angle. Personally I don't pick this unless it's the last window seat. But if you do want a window with easy up/down, it will do the job.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by fumje
It is obtrusive, but it won't cause you back problems. The window is also not great for looking out — requires a fairly sharp neck angle. Personally I don't pick this unless it's the last window seat. But if you do want a window with easy up/down, it will do the job.
Another way to look at 8A: it's the only window aisle seat on the plane.

David
Old Sep 17, 2022, 11:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
this is also a 5 hour flight so will I have to contort myself away from the bulge and into my neighbor's leg space for 5 hours, or will it still be sufficient for me to stretch my own legs?
Originally Posted by DELee
Another way to look at 8A: it's the only window aisle seat on the plane.

David
thats fair and definitely a plus but the above is also something I want to ensure, i've put out an EF for other E+ window and aisle seats for now
Old Sep 17, 2022, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

this is also a 5 hour flight so will I have to contort myself away from the bulge and into my neighbor's leg space for 5 hours, or will it still be sufficient for me to stretch my own legs?
Sufficient room to stretch without bothering your neighbor.

thats fair and definitely a plus but the above is also something I want to ensure, i've put out an EF for other E+ window and aisle seats for now
Do what you gotta do.

David
flyingrohit likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 12:59 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
this is also a 5 hour flight so will I have to contort myself away from the bulge and into my neighbor's leg space for 5 hours, or will it still be sufficient for me to stretch my own legs?...
A little googling shows

flyingrohit likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 3:13 pm

Programs: SWRR, HH, SM, TSA Pre
Do the seats in row 6 recline? I'm debating between 1A and something in 6. If I want to sleep I would prefer to recline with no one behind me, but if 6 doesn't recline I'll take 1A without thinking twice after reading through this thread.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by EAJuggalo
Do the seats in row 6 recline? ...
Yes,
Old Oct 1, 2022, 3:13 pm

Does row 43 have windows???

Hello, im flying out on this configuration from Chicago - Orlando pretty soon. The only window seat I could get was 43F…. Wondering if it has a window or the seats were pushed so far back there’s nothing.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by jl04
/// The only window seat I could get was 43F…. Wondering if it has a window or the seats were pushed so far back there’s nothing.
Yes, this link provides the most accurate view
Old Oct 2, 2022, 12:02 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Question about 23A & 23F

Quick question about the exit door in row 23. Does the door protrude into the leg/foot area? I know the door next to 8A protrudes quite a bit, but unsure about row 23. TYIA.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bluedemon211
Quick question about the exit door in row 23. Does the door protrude into the leg/foot area? I know the door next to 8A protrudes quite a bit, but unsure about row 23. TYIA.
No impact for 23.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 12:33 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
No impact for 23.
Thank you!
Old Oct 8, 2022, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bluedemon211
Note that these are window exits over the wing so no protrusions.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.