Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 757-300 Slimline (24F,54E+,156E-)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2017, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
United has reconfigured its 757-300 planes to increase density, primarily by adding non E+ seats (1 fewer E+ seats, 22 more E seats).

New Configuration
Boeing 757-300 (753)
24F 54E+ 156E

Post 165 assesses Seats 7DE (and 8ABC) (summary - watch out)
The armrest between 23 B/C and D/E is movable.
The inboard armrest on 23A & F is fixed and contains the tray table.

https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-753

Previous thread:Consolidated "UA 757-300 Seating, IFE, etc." Thread

Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 757-300 Slimline (24F,54E+,156E-)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2021, 8:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Anyway, I ask this mainly because I can switch to a 763 with pods (albeit not Polaris) for negligible dollars, although it's a mildly less convenient departure time and not a very long flight (IAH-DEN), so part of me thinks I should just stick with it.
The 753s have never had lie-flats. All the 763s have lie-flats, and there are only 2 currently in service that do not have the Polaris seat (meaning that it's very likely the route will indeed by operated with a Polaris aircraft).

ETA: For a 2.5 hour flight, perhaps not that big a deal.
Adam Smith likes this.

Last edited by Kacee; Jul 12, 2021 at 8:57 am
Old Aug 14, 2021, 9:13 am

Programs: United 1K, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond, InterCon RA, PC Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Is Row 22 good for a tall couple?
Old Aug 14, 2021, 11:31 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Roger Lococco
Is Row 22 good for a tall couple?
It is not E+ pitch (and no recline). As an average height person, I would avoid it.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 3:23 pm

Programs: United 1K, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond, InterCon RA, PC Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
It is not E+ pitch (and no recline). As an average height person, I would avoid it.
23a and 23c?
Old Aug 14, 2021, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Roger Lococco
23a and 23c?
23A and 23F (as does 7DE, 8ABC, 8F) have great leg space, the other row23 seats may be a tiny bit better than a standard E+ seat.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 14, 2021 at 3:51 pm Reason: (as does 7DE, 8ABC, 8F)
Old Aug 23, 2021, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Slim pickin's in F. Window person and generally prefer the A/B side over E/F, but on a short flight like this either is fine.

Wondering about 6A - lots of traffic due to lav right behind it? Is recline limited due to the wall? Or would you pick 4F or 5F instead?
Attached Images  
Old Oct 8, 2021, 3:31 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
I'm confused about row 22. Is it a good choice? I see reviews that says it has good legroom, and some say avoid. What's the consensus here if there is one 😊
Old Oct 8, 2021, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
I'm confused about row 22. Is it a good choice? I see reviews that says it has good legroom, and some say avoid. What's the consensus here if there is one 😊
If it had the legroom, UA would sell it as E+
Old Oct 11, 2021, 12:55 am

Programs: Several

I was really surprised by 8A. I didn’t think it had the same E-door issue as aisles further back, but the door bulge really ate into foot space. Probably not as bad as other aisles do since there is a lot of space in general in 8th row. 8F looked similar, though less space since there are the two 7 row seats there.

I know another review listed the two 7 row seats as not as great as advertised, but if you can deal with the lack of direct overhead space and proximity to the galley, I think I’d prefer one of those.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Hey all, flying this bird on a redeye from LAX to DC in a few months, had a couple of questions. What are the best F seats on this plane, particularly if any of the seats have the windows aligned nicely and you don't have to lean forward too much? Scrolling through this thread, seems 1A and 1B are the best seats for comfort but traveling with family member and she's not a big bulkhead fan due to lack of storage (do they have cutouts?), so wondering what the next best option is. Also eliminated row 6 due to limited recline. Thanks!
Old Oct 30, 2021, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
Hey all, flying this bird on a redeye from LAX to DC in a few months, had a couple of questions. What are the best F seats on this plane, particularly if any of the seats have the windows aligned nicely and you don't have to lean forward too much? Scrolling through this thread, seems 1A and 1B are the best seats for comfort but traveling with family member and she's not a big bulkhead fan due to lack of storage (do they have cutouts?), so wondering what the next best option is. Also eliminated row 6 due to limited recline. Thanks!
Huge cutouts in front of 1AB - basically the entire underside of the closet. Best storage at your feet in entire fleet. Plenty of leg room. Only A/B, not C/D. They are the best seats in the 753 F cabin.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Oct 30, 2021 at 9:16 pm
Old Oct 30, 2021, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Huge cutouts in front of 1AB - basically the entire underside of the closet. Best storage at your feet in entire fleet. Plenty of leg room. Only A/B, not C/D. They are the best seats in the 753 F cabin.
Amazing! Just switched from 5E/F to 1A/B. Haven't flown on the 753 since 2016 so my info is outdated. Thanks for the info!
Old Nov 3, 2021, 12:13 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Haven't flown this bird in a long time so forgive the newbie question. Are the F seats the slimline variety? What are the thoughts on seat comfort for a 5 hour Hawaii to mainland flight? No lie flats available at the time I'm flying and trying to compare the 757-300 to the 739-900 for FC seat comfort. Thanks!
Old Nov 3, 2021, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Yes, they are the new slimline F seats.

Personally I would take the 753 just because F is forward of the boarding door. The new seats aren't really that bad and if you can 1AB you're still in the best seats in the domestic fleet.
Kacee and bluedemon211 like this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by findark
Yes, they are the new slimline F seats.

Personally I would take the 753 just because F is forward of the boarding door. The new seats aren't really that bad and if you can 1AB you're still in the best seats in the domestic fleet.
You say 1AB are the best of all UA recliner seats out there? Oh man alright, I cant wait to try it then. For you, why are they better than the others? quite curious.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.