Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 757-300 Slimline (24F,54E+,156E-)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2017, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
United has reconfigured its 757-300 planes to increase density, primarily by adding non E+ seats (1 fewer E+ seats, 22 more E seats).

New Configuration
Boeing 757-300 (753)
24F 54E+ 156E

Post 165 assesses Seats 7DE (and 8ABC) (summary - watch out)
The armrest between 23 B/C and D/E is movable.
The inboard armrest on 23A & F is fixed and contains the tray table.

https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-753

Previous thread:Consolidated "UA 757-300 Seating, IFE, etc." Thread

Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 757-300 Slimline (24F,54E+,156E-)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2019, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
I always choose 2A or 2F (depending on the direction of travel) if they are available.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Sitting in Y now and finding that the AC outlets are extremely poor quality. Both my charger and my daughter's barely stay in the socket before falling out. Has anyone else had this problem and found some kind of solution? A 3 prong adapter maybe?
Old Aug 5, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by NYTA
Sitting in Y now and finding that the AC outlets are extremely poor quality. Both my charger and my daughter's barely stay in the socket before falling out. Has anyone else had this problem and found some kind of solution? A 3 prong adapter maybe?
Yes, I've had the problem in virtually every retrofitted seat - F and Y cabins. There's a button that detects whether a plug is there, and it pushes out iPhone/iPad charger blocks (the small ones at least). An adapter works. I've started using my Euro plug adapter, which stays in just fine and has the added bonus of two USB ports, which helps if a seatmate wants to share.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 3:12 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by NYTA
Sitting in Y now and finding that the AC outlets are extremely poor quality.
...A 3 prong adapter maybe?
The problem is not uncommon in most aircraft for most carriers (using USA style outlets) and 3-prong adapter does help. Apple with their stylistic adapters tends to make the problem worse.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
I saw the exit row windows were available (row 35) for my dad, a general member. Told him to grab a certain flight so that he could grab that seat for free.

After his reservation, come to find out that 35A and 35F are also the corporate preferred seats. Worth $27? I have an RPU applied for home so hopefully it's just a small insurance policy.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 3:05 pm

I'm on this aircraft upcoming LAX-ORD in J. Are there IFE screens on the seatback in front of me? Saw the wiki but unsure what (9/21 aircraft) or personal device entertainment (12/21 aircraft) means.
Thanks
Old Aug 17, 2019, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cheaptom
I'm on this aircraft upcoming LAX-ORD in J. Are there IFE screens on the seatback in front of me? Saw the wiki but unsure what (9/21 aircraft) or personal device entertainment (12/21 aircraft) means.
All 753s are PDE only -- which means no seat-back screens but free wifi streaming entertainment -- requiring you to provide a personal device (smart phone, tablet, computer, ...) to view the available contents -- see UA's PDE web page
Old Aug 25, 2019, 3:02 pm

I am planning to purchase either preferred seating or economy plus on a 3 hour domestic UA flight (MCO-ORD) on the 757-300, two of us traveling.

I usually try to book an aisle and window and hope the middle seat is vacant, but the only availability in Economy Plus is row 23 which I understand does not have floor storage for the window seat on take-off / landing. SeatGuru lists these as good seats.

If we want to be closer to the front in the forward E+ section, we can only get a window and middle seat together, with options for row 8, 9, 11, 12. SeatGuru lists row 8 as good and the seat map appears as if there is a lot of leg room, but it also seems like an area where people would stand waiting for the lav?

For much less cost, I could select preferred seats and get a window/aisle, but those are regular economy seats and seem quite cramped.

Which of these seats would any of you recommend? The price difference (ranging from $14 to $53) isn't as big a factor as selecting the most comfortable experience. The UA website is recommending row 21 at $53 each but SeatGuru gives it a bad rating (limited recline, no floor storage, etc.).

Also, is it possible to pay for these seats with miles?
Old Aug 25, 2019, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by SusanDK
I usually try to book an aisle and window and hope the middle seat is vacant, but the only availability in Economy Plus is row 23 which I understand does not have floor storage for the window seat on take-off / landing. SeatGuru lists these as good seats. ...
There is zero chance the middle will not be taken for an E+ exit row. And there is some under-seat storage allow but it can not stick out into the aisle. There is no seat in Row 22 at the window but you can use the space under row 21 window -- may have to work that out with the Row 22 folks which will try to use it, but it is yours.
Originally Posted by SusanDK
...., is it possible to pay for these seats with miles?
No, E+ can not be purchased with miles
Old Aug 25, 2019, 6:45 pm

Thanks! I decided to reserve Row 9 A/B. My husband likes the window seat and I prefer aisle, but there weren't any more aisle seats available in the forward E+ cabin.

I also remembered that I've never used my AmEx $200 airline credit, so the seat selections should be reimbursed in full.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 11:43 am

Programs: DL DM
Any thoughts on 22C or 22D? Seat Guru codes them one of just a handful of "good" seats (green), yet they aren't E+

Last edited by bubbashow; Dec 6, 2019 at 11:59 am
Old Dec 6, 2019, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by bubbashow
Any thoughts on 22C or 22D? Seat Guru codes them one of just a handful of "good" seats (green), yet they aren't E+
Standard E- pitch and no recline -- but no middle seat.

Just realize that SeatGuru does no first hand research and typically uses rules of thumb to rate seats.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 6:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, United Silver
757 - why are window seats in far back exit row not E+?

Looking at this 757 configuration: https://seatguru.com/airlines/United...757-300_V2.php. Seat 35A is not E+ according to SeatGuru and United lets a Silver member like me select it before check-in for $0. What's the catch? I get the fact that it's close to the bathroom and other inconveniences but why are middle and aisle E+? Primarily interested in legroom - 4 hour day-time flight to work on laptop.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
The door slide (or raft) compartment extends into the cabin at the base of the exit door. You actually have to slant your feet towards the middle person's. It isn't very comfortable. UA shouldn't be charging for E+ for the middle seats of that row because the window seat occupants are infringing on their foot "space".

Not sure why Seatguru doesn't point the door bulge out, but I looked and it is mentioned by some of the commenters there.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Oct 10, 2020 at 6:36 pm
Old Oct 28, 2020, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SeatGuru says no floor storage for row 21 or 22 - is this true?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.