Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 757-300 Slimline (24F,54E+,156E-)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2017, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
United has reconfigured its 757-300 planes to increase density, primarily by adding non E+ seats (1 fewer E+ seats, 22 more E seats).

New Configuration
Boeing 757-300 (753)
24F 54E+ 156E

Post 165 assesses Seats 7DE (and 8ABC) (summary - watch out)
The armrest between 23 B/C and D/E is movable.
The inboard armrest on 23A & F is fixed and contains the tray table.

https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-753

Previous thread:Consolidated "UA 757-300 Seating, IFE, etc." Thread

Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 757-300 Slimline (24F,54E+,156E-)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2018, 9:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by legalalien
West Coast to HNL. DTV doesn't work over the Pacific anyway, so it was mostly useless on those flights - only 4 or 5 pre-recorded movies would be available.
I was referring to not upgrading the wifi so it works overwater. I could not care less about DTV.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 10:21 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by Kacee
I was referring to not upgrading the wifi so it works overwater. I could not care less about DTV.
Ah. Makes sense.

Still, I wish in this case UA did copy DL and installed a modern entertainment system, instead of just taking screens out. Probably a totally separate discussion though.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 10:32 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by legalalien
Still, I wish in this case UA did copy DL and installed a modern entertainment system, instead of just taking screens out. Probably a totally separate discussion though.
You're not the first to make that comment

Although DL also has aircraft with no video screens.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 1:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, VA Platinum
I believe the contract with dTV won’t let UA change WiFi satellite on those planes until contract expires. Unfortunate and shortsighted when signed, but it is what it is I suppose,
Old Sep 21, 2018, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by UAinAUS
I believe the contract with dTV won’t let UA change WiFi satellite on those planes until contract expires. Unfortunate and shortsighted when signed, but it is what it is I suppose,
Please read again. My aircraft did not have DTV. So blaming the DTV contract does not wash.

UA will apparently have nine of these no DTV, Ka band aircraft once they've finished the retrofit.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, VA Platinum
Please read again. My aircraft did not have DTV. So blaming the DTV contract does not wash.

UA will apparently have nine of these no DTV, Ka band aircraft once they've finished the retrofit.
Correct, but the dTV contract covers the WiFi connection on those specific 9 units, even after the dTV has been removed. I agree it makes no sense, but is apparently true.

Edit to Clarify: CO contract with dTV was not for just directTV, but for all onboard entertainment, which is why the 737s and these 753s have a different WiFi provider in the first place.

Last edited by UAinAUS; Sep 21, 2018 at 6:06 pm
Old Sep 26, 2018, 9:20 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus - 1K
I'm currently on the 757-300 on 10/1, no aircraft has been assigned yet however looking at the flight history of UA411 from ORD to LAX it looks like its common for the 738 and 739 to also be swapped in. Seat map currently is showing completely full, however I guess they could swap to a smaller a/c depending.

Currently debating on a mileage upgrade to F, I'm plat but not betting on a CPU for this trip.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 1:30 pm

757-300 Seating Exit Row

Flying from SFO to ORD on Tuesday. Question which is the better row for exit row seating? 21 or 23? Also have a backpack can I sit in row 23 A or F?
Old Oct 14, 2018, 5:49 pm

Its a reconfiguration Boeing 757-300. New aircraft that has added rows including row 22. I picked 21 as for four hours during the day I just want leg room. Don't care about the recline. However, this flight is within two days and united is doing a bad job in general to figure this out. Flying on the same plane Sunday of this week and still don't know if its a new 757 or an old one.

What also is bad is united is charging $200 for this seat when its only 4 hours flight from SFO to ORD. I know transcontinental flights typically want $189.00

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 14, 2018 at 10:34 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Oct 14, 2018, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ADeutsch
Its a reconfiguration Boeing 757-300. New aircraft that has added rows including row 22. I picked 21 as for four hours during the day I just want leg room. Don't care about the recline. However, this flight is within two days and united is doing a bad job in general to figure this out. Flying on the same plane Sunday of this week and still don't know if its a new 757 or an old one.
I had the a/c change 3x in last 48 hours. UA will swap a/c in last day or two as IRROPs mangle plans and affect availability of a particular a/c. Crew stays the same.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
What also is bad is united is charging $200 for this seat when its only 4 hours flight from SFO to ORD. I know transcontinental flights typically want $189.00
That's really pushing absurdity when F is +$209.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 5:40 am

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Flying from SFO to ORD on Tuesday. Question which is the better row for exit row seating? 21 or 23? Also have a backpack can I sit in row 23 A or F?
Yes, if you are in 23A or 23F you can store an item under the corresponding seat in row 21. However, you will need to unbuckle and get up to access it.

23A/F have "unlimited" legroom, but 21A/F are "safer", as they will survive equipment swap, even to a non-757 type: row 21 is an extra legroom exit row seat on all UA mainline aircraft.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 7:34 am

Hi. How is Row 35? I am Platinum and 8A is available now. Wednesday evening flight and plane has switched once to HD config but I am scared it will switch again and I am someone who likes to be in the front or back row of a cabin. So 8A may end up being a second row if it goes back to old. From what I see, 35 is bulkhead on both configurations.

And I am short so legroom is not an issue. Thanks!
Old Oct 15, 2018, 7:42 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by daisyatl
Hi. How is Row 35? I am Platinum and 8A is available now. Wednesday evening flight and plane has switched once to HD config but I am scared it will switch again and I am someone who likes to be in the front or back row of a cabin. So 8A may end up being a second row if it goes back to old. From what I see, 35 is bulkhead on both configurations.

And I am short so legroom is not an issue. Thanks!
Sorry @daisyatl cannot help you with your question.

I am however fascinated by your seat preferences of front or back row. Is this because you perceive it is quicker in an emergency or do you get claustrophobic?
Old Oct 15, 2018, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
Sorry @daisyatl cannot help you with your question.

I am however fascinated by your seat preferences of front or back row. Is this because you perceive it is quicker in an emergency or do you get claustrophobic?
The latter. I am claustrophobic so get anxious if there are people on all sides of me. So I always go with bulkhead or back row.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.