Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When 2 first class dogs go barking...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2017, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

When 2 first class dogs go barking...

D is waiting to depart on UAL DEN-LGA this afternoon. There are two dogs booked with their accompanying adults in first class. The dogs DO NOT like each other and are barking like mad. Neither pair wants to be bumped back to coach.

I feel bad for the flight attendants. Next, they have to bring out {what} UA is now serving as first class meals from DEN.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 27, 2017 at 4:10 pm Reason: Using symbols, spaces or other methods to mask vulgarities is not allowed.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
I hope a video is posted on Youtube, might get some DOT/congressional attention to the ESA fraud problem.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 4:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by lupine
D is waiting to depart on UAL DEN-LGA this afternoon. There are two dogs booked with their accompanying adults in first class. The dogs DO NOT like each other and are barking like mad. Neither pair wants to be bumped back to coach.

I feel bad for the flight attendants. Next, they have to bring out {what} UA is now serving as first class meals from DEN.
Were they pets or did the doggie parents claim emotional support?

BTW, it's funny to see a wolf complaining about barking dogs, or are you just a sheep in wolf's clothing?
ajGoes likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 5:52 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
BTW, it's funny to see a wolf complaining about barking dogs, or are you just a sheep in wolf's clothing?
Or one of my favorite wild flowers.
lupine likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:11 pm

How is this possible? I thought that United had a limit of one in-cabin animal per cabin.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Miggles
How is this possible? I thought that United had a limit of one in-cabin animal per cabin.

I am 99% sure ESA don't count
Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by Miggles
It’s actually 2 in F and 4 in economy.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by villox

It’s actually 2 in F and 4 in economy.
Yet that’s even questionable if that is strictly enforced. Had 9 dogs on my flight on Friday last week from LAX to ORD. It was like doggie daycare on our plane with two of them not being able to keep them under control
Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:52 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
A few years ago I was on a JFK-LAX (AA) flt in business class two pax had cats (in enclosures), every few seconds they MEOWED, IMHO just as annoying as barking dogs.
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 9:24 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Starwood/Marriott Gold
Was on an ERJ175 in F, and was talking to the FA. She explained to me that barking dogs happens often, and kind of just shoulder shrugged and said "we just have to deal with it."
Old Dec 27, 2017, 11:27 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
IAH=PHX last week had a small dog in a carrier with the couple in !A and !B. The couple was not happy that the FA wouldn't let them sit in Row 1 with a carrier because they, "always sit in these seats with the dog". After much back and forth complaining with the FA repeatedly saying "I'm sorry my coworkers on other flights did not follow the rules", the couple got two people in row 2 to swap.

The was an awfully playful, friendly, and rambunctious 40-ish pound dog in coach with a vest and accessories, so I'm assuming a service animal despite the rambunctiousness. I was behind the human and dog leaving the airport as the human said to friends it was tough in a middle seat. One person sitting next to her was "great" but the other was "cranky" the entire flight. I'm a fan of dogs, but I'd probably be cranky too if the middle seat next to me also included an overly friendly 40 lbs. dog trying to squeeze in at our feet. Thinking back, I can only recall largish service animals in the bulkhead in coach.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 11:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by NoDestinations
Was on an ERJ175 in F, and was talking to the FA. She explained to me that barking dogs happens often, and kind of just shoulder shrugged and said "we just have to deal with it."
Yes, we just have to deal with it. Just like with crying or belligerent children-which are far more common and much more likely to ruin my flight than barking dogs. My last 3 domestic flights were populated with "little monsters" terrorizing the F cabin. Yet, I just smiled and suffered through the cacophony.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 1:19 am

Properly trained service animals do not bark or engage with other animals. They don't interact with other humans either. They also squish themselves into tiny spaces. One day, one of these fake support animals is going to hurt someone and the racket will explode
Old Dec 28, 2017, 2:07 am

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
DL is trying to control this. There should be something in the press after the New Year from DL with new rule changes. I can not post on FT what I have heard from DL, yet. Hopefully, UA and the other carriers do the same thing that DL plans to do. It is a complete joke. I have severe allergies to many of these "comfort support animals". I have no problem with a "legit" service animal that is trained. UA, DL, AA, WN, AS and other carriers need to lawyer up and "fix" this problem on a tube of metal flying at 35,000 feet in the air. UA lawyers need to talk to AA, DL, AS, WN lawyers and get this problem FIXED as a team. ASAP! You can go on eBay right now and have a "shrink" sign you off with a certificate, badge, vest, etc for about $80. Even less if you are the low bidder. Fix this UA, and other carriers! It can be done. Work together.
SCToni, EWR764, sstcobra and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 3:50 am

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by kettle1
DL is trying to control this. There should be something in the press after the New Year from DL with new rule changes. I can not post on FT what I have heard from DL, yet. Hopefully, UA and the other carriers do the same thing that DL plans to do. It is a complete joke. I have severe allergies to many of these "comfort support animals". I have no problem with a "legit" service animal that is trained. UA, DL, AA, WN, AS and other carriers need to lawyer up and "fix" this problem on a tube of metal flying at 35,000 feet in the air. UA lawyers need to talk to AA, DL, AS, WN lawyers and get this problem FIXED as a team. ASAP! You can go on eBay right now and have a "shrink" sign you off with a certificate, badge, vest, etc for about $80. Even less if you are the low bidder. Fix this UA, and other carriers! It can be done. Work together.
Cool - seems like movement in the right direction to protect some passengers from the health risks posed by others. The research on the effects of lost sleep are becoming quite astounding, so I'm looking forward to restrictions on kids in the J cabin for overnight flights in the future too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.