Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

How do you calculate your upgrade percentage?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How do you calculate your upgrade percentage?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2017, 5:13 pm

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
Originally Posted by PushingTin
This is about as relevant as calculating how many super models I get to date.
as a mere gold, I was either 2/2 or 1/1 yesterday going BOS-ORD and back, depending on whether i count SDCing to a later flight to get the CPU as a success.

supermodels, not so much.

(think I'm going to call it 2/2, just because I cleared into 1A at the gate. )

Last edited by Seat1A; Dec 18, 2017 at 5:19 pm
Old Dec 18, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Your post informed me that I made a few big mistakes in my CPU calculations. I correctly excluded non-CPU routes but forgot to exclude flights in F (instrument-supported and/or paid). And I completely forgot about award flights since they don't show up on MP statements!

Edit: And you have to exclude single cabin flights too. Just recalculated my 2017 stats (13% seemed a little low) and they are now in line with previous years': 17%.

Obviously these stats are just for fun but I wonder if they're even worth calculating. For example, you're more likely to use miles if you're upgrade wouldn't have clear so that skews the data. And they don't take into account your status (if that changed) or date or time or season or equipment etc.

Last edited by sexykitten7; Dec 18, 2017 at 9:33 pm Reason: added stuff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.