Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

For debate: should UA put privacy screens on seatback monitors?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

For debate: should UA put privacy screens on seatback monitors?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2017, 2:38 pm
RNE

Attenuation works.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by EWRMAN
I would like it as a viewer. I find it uncomfortable to watch shows like game of thrones becos kids / spoliers / sensitive souls. Yes I care too much about other ppl.
Other people? Seems like you care most about what you see.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Looking at other people's screens may be annoying, but I don't see why one can't just train oneself to their own screen or book. And if it gets really bad, I suspect an eye shade works wonders.

A privacy screen is just additional nuisance/maintenance for the airline, and as a parent, it makes it a lot harder to monitor what the kids winds up looking at.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 6:09 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Bright flickering screens from movies or spreadsheets or whatever are very annoying when I’m happily gazing out the window at the scenery. Each to their own. That eye mask suggestion is the answer.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by og
Bright flickering screens from movies or spreadsheets or whatever are very annoying when I’m happily gazing out the window at the scenery. Each to their own. That eye mask suggestion is the answer.
You're staring out a bright window, but it's the small screen that bothers you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.