Old Feb 23, 2024, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Best Drinks on UA Flights

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2017, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Marcin83
Is Moscow Mule free in First Domestic?
Yes.

Originally Posted by pfpdx
Gin and Tonic. Classic flying drink.

How does one get drink vouchers these days?
5 for making Plat, and 10 for 1K (up to 25 if you move up through the ranks correctly )
Old Dec 13, 2017, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
add my vote for the mule. i've tried finding it in stores for when i'm too lazy to make my own, but IIRC crafthouse's distribution appeared to be limited to the midwest/texas.

not being a fan of IPAs, i miss the 312 urban wheat.

tip: when flying from japan, asahi (brewed in japan, not canada - big difference) is catered.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
Another vote for the Voodoo Ranger IPA. Compared with Goose Island's, Voodoo Ranger IPA is so much more tasty and hoppier.

Also, I can't believe I'm the first to mention Tito's. I love their vodka!
Old Dec 13, 2017, 7:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by mjcewl1284
I can't believe I'm the first to mention Tito's.
You're the third in this thread.

Originally Posted by goodeats21
But for me, it tastes better with extra Tito's added.
Originally Posted by PTahCha
Mixed drink: Tito's with splash of OJ and cranberry juice (that came from former signature cocktail on p.s. flights)
Old Dec 13, 2017, 7:37 pm

Programs: United 1K
Originally Posted by Often1
The best drinks are the ones you like? Why would you order Scotch if you drink vodka just because the Scotch might cost more at retail (it doesn't on the aircraft ---- still same cash or coupon price).

Unlikely UA will serve you 5 drinks on that short a flight.
They might give you a few at a time. I've asked the FA give me a few of the mini bottles at a time and they've done it.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dangerhsun
They might give you a few at a time. I've asked the FA give me a few of the mini bottles at a time and they've done it.
ORD-LAS is blocked for longer than 4h. I’ve had 4-5 on flights shorter than that. Depends on the particular crew and if you order doubles or not. Also helps if you can walk back to the galley to ask for another serving instead of waiting for them to come around.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mjcewl1284
Another vote for the Voodoo Ranger IPA.
I haven't ordered a beer on United in a few months, so I hadn't realized they'd swapped out the 312. New Belgium is definitely an upgrade as I like Voodoo Ranger more, and the fact that NB is an independent brewer and not AB Inbev is a big ^

I generally order the Mule if I'm using vouchers, or Buffalo Trace if I'm in F
Old Dec 13, 2017, 10:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
You're the third in this thread.
Oops my bad
Old Dec 14, 2017, 3:36 am

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
Bombay Saphire Martini - Some Assembly Required...

deleted
LordHamster likes this.

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 3:22 pm Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Dec 14, 2017, 2:49 pm

Bourbon/whiskey + amaretto + 2 lemon wedges (squeeze all the juice into the drink). Amaretto might be only on international flights and/ore in premium cabins, unfortunately.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 3:14 pm
Suspended

Nothing beats a good Titos with OJ on a 5am flight.....
Old Dec 14, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA Silver; SPG Gold; Hyatt Platinum
Glenfarclas
Old Dec 14, 2017, 6:06 pm

I can't believe no one has mentioned the mai tais served on flights to Hawaii--not that they are great but they're worth ordering to get you in the island mood!
Old Dec 18, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by cyborg
My favorite is the Bombay Sapphire Martini served up, very dry with two olives. The proper way to obtain this on UA is to prepare a "Kit" in a ziplock/glad/whatever plastic bag before heading to the airport. In the "Kit" place a couple of olives that have been "Dressed" with Dry Vermouth (according to taste) and a toothpick. The Kit can be scaled up for additional rounds or spare parts. When ordering drinks on board the aircraft request Bombay Sapphire Gin and two cups/glasses. One with ice and the other empty. Ensure you receive a straw or other tool suitable for stirring. Assemble the Martini as follows: Place two of the Dry Vermouth dressed olives on one of the toothpicks and place in the empty cup/glass. Pour the Gin into the cup/glass with ice, stir until cold (some melting will occur, but this is acceptable). Drain/strain/pour the cold Gin into the cup/glass with the olives (I use fingers over the cup/glass, but other methods can be deployed). Gently stir using the toothpick holding the olives so that the Dry Vermouth infuses the Gin. Drink and enjoy. If you want seconds you will need to "Plus-up" the kit with additional dressed olives and toothpicks. Ordering additional bottles of Gin and cups/glasses with ice can be done reusing the empty glass and a double can be made by requesting two bottles of gin to begin with although some reluctance can be displayed by FAs who feel there is some policy/rule against serving doubles - YMMV.

I have done this when departing from home, but it is possible to do from a hotel provided they have the parts required (you could travel with plastic bag and toothpicks and just seek out olives from the hotel).

Cheers,

-Cyborg
Endorse!
CJ99 likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Million Miler, Marriott platinum, lifetime platinum
I'll take anything served cheerfully, and regularly!
SkiPremier likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.