Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Best Drinks on UA Flights

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2017, 6:57 pm

Programs: United 1K 2.7 MM
Originally Posted by Fly4SCUBA
Glenfarclas
We love it: no one knows about it, especially the FAs, so usually we have to help them find it in the drink cart. The red caps help. With ice on the side.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 9:35 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Morning: Tito's & OJ
Noon: Tito's & CranApple
After 5pm: Buffalo Trace & Coke Zero
Old Dec 19, 2017, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Options:

1. New UA FT game: Virtual Mixology - take the economy drink options and define both classic cocktails as well as most complement those special t.p.s. E+ and international Y meals.

2. New school up in the air game: In-Flight Mixology - get your row mates to each purchase a drink or use a drink coupon and figure out how 3 to 4 people can define a new and unique drink in the sky.

3. New school brewers school: Bring a DIY brewing kit on board a LAX-SIN flight and brew your own suds. Consume before landing in SIN to avoid their alcohol import tax.

4. Another UA FT game: Virtual Mixology 2 - pick any one from at least 3 of the following drink groups and make your own virtual drink; print out your selections and hand one to the FA at each drink service; additional points if you can develop one that the FA will adopt as their own:

Drink up and Enjoy!

David
Old Dec 19, 2017, 4:41 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Moscow mule with an extra splash of ginger ale
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA G 1.9MM, HH Diamond, Global Entry
Glenfarclas and a Bombay G&T.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 2:39 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by fahrenheit123
Hey everyone,
I am taking a flight from ORD to LAS tonight and I have 5 drink vouchers I forgot about a while back that are about to expire and wanna use them.
Not sure if this is the place to post but what are your recommendations for the best drinks served on United flights?
bear in mind 9/10 united flight attendants accept expired chits. fa on my last flight even accepted my continental currency.

get a vodka with a splash of that moscow mule syrup.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by cur
isn't that a moscow moscow mule?

David
Old Dec 19, 2017, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA1K
i miss the 'sunrise/sunset' that a UA FA won making in a contest a few years back. vodka, cran-apple, splash of oj, and a lime.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Originally Posted by cur
bear in mind 9/10 united flight attendants accept expired chits. fa on my last flight even accepted my continental currency.

Reminds me of a seatmate I had a few flights ago. He ordered a Gin...with a splash of tonic.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:54 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by DELee
isn't that a moscow moscow mule?

David
i don't mean to be pedantic but it's actually a moscow mule mule
Old Dec 20, 2017, 7:53 pm

Programs: UA MM (recovering former 1K), Marriott Titanium Lifetime
For my money (figure of speech since it's either a 1K freebie or a drink chit, the older the better), as an amber-colored spirits drinker:
Beer -- can't go wrong with the Voodoo Ranger IPA or whichever Sam Adams they have
Whisk(e)y -- Glenfarclas or Buffalo Trace, depending on your taste

If I want a mixed drink I go to a bar where they know how to make a real cocktail.

Last edited by garkster; Dec 20, 2017 at 7:53 pm Reason: typo
Old Dec 20, 2017, 9:51 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AS MVP, HH Gold, MR Gold
To the question at hand: Glenfarclas or Buffalo Trace, depending on my mood. The Glenfarclas is pretty solid.

Originally Posted by j1j2j38
ive never had them refuse expired drink vouchers... still using ones from 2014
I have only had issues on UX or with trainees. I didn't even get my package this year, and have just been burning through old ones.
evanroberts likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:31 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by LordHamster
For some reason I always love to drink Bloody Marys when I fly.
Same here! And never as a PDB, but always at cruise. The cabin altitude and lack of humidity mean that it's one of the few things that still has flavor up there.

Also, it's probably one of the more healthy drinks you can have, with the tomato juice and whatnot. At least that's what I tell myself.
jmanirish likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by junglematt
Same here! And never as a PDB, but always at cruise. The cabin altitude and lack of humidity mean that it's one of the few things that still has flavor up there.

Also, it's probably one of the more healthy drinks you can have, with the tomato juice and whatnot. At least that's what I tell myself.
Yes. Altitude messes up your taste buds. No. Airplane food is not necessarily bad. It's your taste buds that got wiped out. It's a vicious cycle. The airlines try to make up for it by jacking the sugar and salt contents up.
Somehow, tomato juice tastes better at altitude.

OP--Thanks for the thread. I'll have to dig out my old, expired drink chits. I used to get them every time I made Platinum. I just made Platinum again for the first time in a while. Sounds like I'll get nothing.

I miss the pmCO amaretto that was usually available. UA's regular offering of craft beers has been my favorite lately.

Buffalo Trace? I prefer Woodford Reserves myself, especially with some good chocolate, but I haven't seen anybody offer the combination at altitude anywhere. Otherwise, I'm more than sufficiently happy with a good craft beer.
junglematt likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA GS, Lifetime 4 MM, BA Gold, , Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Marriott Ambassador Elite
My drink used to be vodka and the olive juice from Tapas box plus ice -- makes for a passable vodka martini on the rocks. I don't think Tapas box includes olives anymore.

I've mixed orange juice/cranberry juice and rum -- maitai-ish? It's too bad that United does not carry dark rum or pineapple juice. No Grand Marnier either -- Grand Marnier and the Margarita mix made for a very sweet but passable Margarita.
cur and nomad420 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.