Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2017, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Related thread inOceania (Australia, New Zealand & the South Pacific) forum
Any COVID updates for French Polynesia/Tahiti?
United Airlines Launches Inaugural Flight Between San Francisco and Tahiti, Announces it will Extend to Year-Round Service

United launches the only nonstop service to the Islands of Tahiti by a U.S. carrier from the mainland United States

SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 30, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines today started the only nonstop service by a U.S. carrier to the Islands of Tahiti. The airline launched its first flight between San Francisco and Pape'ete, the capital of Tahiti. As part of its inaugural celebration, United also announced it is extending its Tahiti schedule to year-round service from San Francisco.

"We are thrilled to extend this exciting flight to a year-round schedule," said Janet Lamkin. "For Californians and our customers connecting through San Francisco, this route offers an escape to a little corner of paradise."

United's newest international flight offers customers a convenient gateway to the islands of French Polynesia including Mo'orea, Bora Bora, the Marquesas and Rangiroa. Starting today, United's service to Tahiti departs San Francisco International Airport on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. Beginning March 30, 2019, United will begin year-round service on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. United will operate the route with Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft throughout the year. Tickets are available for purchase on united.com.
Flight City Pair Depart Arrive
UA 115 San Francisco - Tahiti 2:45 p.m. 9:25 p.m.
UA 114 Tahiti - San Francisco 11:45 p.m. 9:50 a.m. next day

United and United Express operate more than 250 daily flights between San Francisco and 90 destinations throughout North America, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Caribbean. From San Francisco, United will continue to operate nonstop seasonal summer service to Zurich in 2019 and recently announced it will be the only U.S. carrier to offer daily, year-round nonstop service to Amsterdam beginning March 30, 2019.

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
It's SFO-PPT 788 starts October 30 2018.

United Airlines adds the South Pacific's Most Stunning Tropical Paradise to its Growing List of New Routes

Tahiti becomes the 13th international route announced by the airline in 2017
United's new nonstop flight from SFO to Tahiti connects customers to beautiful beaches, overwater bungalows, coral atolls and forested volcanoes

SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 13, 2017 -- United Airlines (UAL), the leading carrier in the San Francisco Bay Area, today announced it will begin service between San Francisco and Pape'ete, the capital of Tahiti, the South Pacific's gateway to more than 118 islands in French Polynesia including Bora Bora, Moorea, the Marquesas and Raiatea. United is the only U.S. carrier offering nonstop service to Tahiti from the mainland United States. Tickets are now available for purchase.

"We are excited to announce Tahiti as our 13th new international route this year, and we are even more thrilled about offering our customers a whole new world of vacation opportunities," said Patrick Quayle, United's vice president of International Network. "We know our customers want more destinations to choose from to escape the winter weather, and we look forward to being the airline that connects them to this corner of paradise.

"United's service from San Francisco will connect customers to the South Pacific's most pristine waters, white sand beaches, stunning turquoise lagoons, coral atolls and volcanic mountain peaks. Visitors to the islands experience a tropical paradise and countless spaces to relax and reconnect in natural beauty and authentic French Polynesian island culture.

United will operate nonstop service, three times weekly with Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft between its San Francisco hub and Fa'a'ā International Airport (PPT), beginning Oct. 30, 2018, through March 28, 2019, subject to government approval.
Winter 2018 schedule – Subject to government approval
UA 115 SFO – PPT Tues/Thurs/Sun 2:45 p.m. - 9:25 p.m
UA 114 PPT – SFO Tues/Thurs/Sun 11:45 p.m. - 9:50 a.m. next day
*Flight Times Subject to Change

United's Long History Connecting Customers to the Pacific Islands
United's love affair with the Pacific islands started more than 70 years ago and continues today. It began in 1947 with United's first flight across the Pacific from San Francisco to Honolulu, making the Hawaiian Islands an easily accessible destination for tourism and business. Today, United offers more flights between the mainland and the Hawaiian Islands than any other U.S. carrier.

In 1968, United expanded its Pacific network linking the Hawaiian Islands, the Marshall Islands, Micronesia and Guam. Today, nearly half a century later, United's Island Hopper - Flight 155 - departs Guam in the morning and makes a series of five, one-hour flights to the islands of Chuuk, Pohnpei, Kosrae; Kwajalein and Majuro. In addition to the airline's popular Island Hopper service, United connects customers from Guam to other island destinations including Palau, Yap and the Philippines.

In 1986, United began nonstop service from its West Coast hubs in the U.S. to Sydney and Melbourne, Australia. Today, United is the largest U.S. carrier to serve Australia, offering the most seats to Sydney and Melbourne with its daily nonstop service from San Francisco and Los Angeles.Building its powerful Pacific network, last year United began nonstop service from San Francisco to Auckland, New Zealand, becoming the largest mainland U.S. carrier to serve the City of Sails.

United's San Francisco Hub
United and United Express operate more than 250 daily flights between San Francisco and 90 destinations throughout North America, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Caribbean. Beginning in June 2018, United will start nonstop seasonal summer service between San Francisco and Zurich.
Print Wikipost

UA SFO-PPT 787-8 Experiences, QA, .....

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by Ericka

Will you marry me?
Seriously, I need summer dates though. Think they’ll be adding a few?
In the real world there are gold diggers, on FT there are GS diggers

Alas, my crystal ball is cloudy today. But I do post such roundups on routes where business class saver awards are rare and then widely open up.
Ericka likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Just checked in for my PPT-SFO flight and had the BP emailed to myself and it says this:

United Polaris ® business class customers

Please stop by the check-in counter before security so we can grant you access to the Air Tahiti Nui Lounge in Tahiti.

Notning about Star Gold getting access but I’ll ask tonight if that’s the case or not
Old Nov 4, 2018, 11:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
*G in coach are *not* being given lounge invites (although the lounge is happy to accept Priority Pass).

Also, looks like TN has delayed their Nov 4 PPT-LAX flight 28 hours and are busy rebooking people on UA.

Last edited by rob_flies_ua; Nov 4, 2018 at 11:48 pm
Old Nov 5, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: 1k by marriage
Originally Posted by Ericka

Will you marry me?
Seriously, I need summer dates though. Think they’ll be adding a few?
The details on that site do not align with my experience.

We just booked three one-way business class seats in June SFO to PPT with E+ W fare with GPUs for the return. No instant upgrade, but the front is fully available. We made 6 calls to the 1K line to try a bunch of different options.

ANA has no inventory for these flights as far as I can tell (Wanted to transfer Amex miles for one of the tickets).
Air Canada has revenue tickets but no award tickets.

All the United flights I found were 175k one way. I checked going back into May even though we have hard dates we must arrive (Taking a PG cruise). The entire front was open, however, and at least there is award inventory since I've never been able to find award business class on the AA flight out of LAX.

So in the end we got three award tickets, but it depleted our household United mileage bank. At least I can refresh United daily to see if the GPU applies early
Old Nov 5, 2018, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by theNjR
Did you think availability like that would just stick around for a week?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 2:15 pm

Nope, which is why we booked the full price award. Better than sitting in the back
Old Nov 5, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LTP, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver, Delta Silver
Nope, which is why we booked the full price award. Better than sitting in the back
I have alerts set for the business savers. Despite what that guy was saying, I don't think they've released any saver award space in the front yet...i immediately checked when the toero was extended. I'm holding out hope for now though
Old Nov 5, 2018, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by IAlwaysCall
I have alerts set for the business savers. Despite what that guy was saying, I don't think they've released any saver award space in the front yet
Well, took me 30 seconds or less to find a saver biz Nov 20 SFO-PPT, grab it while you can......70K miles
Old Nov 5, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LTP, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Well, took me 30 seconds or less to find a saver biz Nov 20 SFO-PPT, grab it while you can......70K miles
Summer 2019 was what the guy above was talking about. I know business savers exist, but they haven't released space for summer 2019.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by IAlwaysCall
Summer 2019 was what the guy above was talking about. I know business savers exist, but they haven't released space for summer 2019.
If you want an adventure, there are some dates in late Aug, UA biz to AKL, economy on Air NZ to PPT for a total of 70K
IAlwaysCall likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 3:52 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM

We just booked three one-way business class seats in June SFO to PPT with E+ W fare with GPUs for the return. No instant upgrade, but the front is fully available. We made 6 calls to the 1K line to try a bunch of different options.

ANA has no inventory for these flights as far as I can tell (Wanted to transfer Amex miles for one of the tickets).
Air Canada has revenue tickets but no award tickets.

All the United flights I found were 175k one way. I checked going back into May even though we have hard dates we must arrive (Taking a PG cruise). The entire front was open, however, and at least there is award inventory since I've never been able to find award business class on the AA flight out of LAX.

So in the end we got three award tickets, but it depleted our household United mileage bank. At least I can refresh United daily to see if the GPU applies early
Interesting way to handle. Thanks.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:59 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
OK guys....for those of you that have been watching these flights for a while...what is a good price for the business class ticket? I’m seeing $4481 right now. BOS-SFO-PPT.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: Delta DM CO PE OZ GE AMTRAK
This market is a winner for UA. I see UA adding winter seasonal LAX-PPT soon, and kicking AF off the routes.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
*G in coach are *not* being given lounge invites (although the lounge is happy to accept Priority Pass).

Also, looks like TN has delayed their Nov 4 PPT-LAX flight 28 hours and are busy rebooking people on UA.
This would have been the UA SFO flight on the 6th I suspect. The seat map shows that it went out fairly light in economy.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 4:21 pm

Wow our GPU just cleared on our W return tickets. Maybe we should refund our award flight out.

How soon do you think they'll go LAX-PPT direct? Would save us the stop over at SFO

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 7, 2018 at 5:50 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.