Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

A very "dry" reception at CLE UC today...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A very "dry" reception at CLE UC today...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2017, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Plat
Talking A very "dry" reception at CLE UC today...

I do love a good meat and cheese tray. Even better when served with condiments... A spicy cornichon. Some salty capers. Maybe a hearty stone ground mustard.

You know, the kind with whole mustard seeds in it, and a spicy flavor?

Someone at the CLE UC didn't read the memo very closely... or missed the significance of the "stone" part. Because sitting on the buffet next to the meats was a giant bowl of Ground Mustard. Like, the spice. Like, the really dry, powdery, flour-like spice.

... to dip my meat in? *laugh* Seriously, we're dying here! Thought FT would enjoy...

Old Dec 12, 2017, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
That is awesomely funny...
Thanks for sharing.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
You should have asked for a little white wine, and some sugar and you'd be in business... DYI Dijon
Old Dec 12, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
If it weren't for the sign I would have guessed someone forgot to add water to the eggs.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
If it weren't for the sign I would have guessed someone forgot to add water to the eggs.
I see no evidence that the OP tasted it, so your theory about the dried eggs could indeed be correct.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 4:27 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Just... wow. This is amazing. Somebody should post this on reddit.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 5:52 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Perhaps it's dried mustard gas?
Old Dec 12, 2017, 11:35 pm
formerly FrequentFlyKid

Programs: United Global Services, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive Elite
Cleveland based here (and unabashed Cleveland homer), but the Cleveland UC is becoming a joke. The staff is great, but their inconsistency with the food offerings, times, how often they replenish, etc. is becoming quite bad.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 12:20 am

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by Darlox
I do love a good meat and cheese tray. Even better when served with condiments... A spicy cornichon. Some salty capers. Maybe a hearty stone ground mustard.

You know, the kind with whole mustard seeds in it, and a spicy flavor?

Someone at the CLE UC didn't read the memo very closely... or missed the significance of the "stone" part. Because sitting on the buffet next to the meats was a giant bowl of Ground Mustard. Like, the spice. Like, the really dry, powdery, flour-like spice.

... to dip my meat in? *laugh* Seriously, we're dying here! Thought FT would enjoy...

Thanks for sharing!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.