FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Deny me once shame on you, deny me twice... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1881762-deny-me-once-shame-you-deny-me-twice.html)

JVPhoto Dec 8, 2017 11:29 am

Deny me once shame on you, deny me twice...

6am MRY-LAX was told that it's "only water on short flights" when I asked for coffee. I asked if this was new (I know it's not) policy because I take this flight 7-8x/year and it's always been full drink service.

Once she did the water run and garbage bag with everyone's stroopwafle wrappers she asked 1 A/B (only ones who boarded in G1 with me, assuming 1Ks) if they wanted some chips or humus or something for the snack. She did that went back to the galley, looked at the manifest, looked up at me and then put it away to read her magazine. We didn't lock eyes as I was watching her from my periphahy. Had it been later in the day I may have engaged.

Not the end of the world.
Would have really liked the coffee though, line was long at MRY as the cafe opens at 5 and boarding is 5:30 for the 3 flights in the morning.

drew in the air Dec 8, 2017 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by JVPhoto (Post 29150352)
6am MRY-LAX was told that it's "only water on short flights" when I asked for coffee. I asked if this was new (I know it's not) policy because I take this flight 7-8x/year and it's always been full drink service.

Once she did the water run and garbage bag with everyone's stroopwafle wrappers she asked 1 A/B (only ones who boarded in G1 with me, assuming 1Ks) if they wanted some chips or humus or something for the snack. She did that went back to the galley, looked at the manifest, looked up at me and then put it away to read her magazine. We didn't lock eyes as I was watching her from my periphahy. Had it been later in the day I may have engaged.

Would have really liked the coffee though, line was long at MRY as the cafe opens at 5 and boarding is 5:30 for the 3 flights in the morning.

I definitely would have asked for the snack at that point. Can't use the policy excuse for that after offering to the other pax.

danielonn Dec 8, 2017 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by JVPhoto (Post 29150352)

When I was flying Delta from LAX-SJC in Comfort+ I could not get my usual Woodford Reserve and their website posted that Flights 300 miles and above get these perks. So I called into Delta and they gave me 10,000 miles which helped to cover an award ticket that was 13,000 miles in Comfort+ so that was fair.

The pursuer could not have been nicer and she told me to write into Delta and she gave me two cans of Beer and a Delta EATS item on the house as part of service recovery and entered into her system about the issue. Since then I wrote into Delta Twitter and hopefully they will fix this.

Hence this is why I am loyal to Delta.

MRY Flyer Dec 8, 2017 2:06 pm

Definitely a change if it isn't just a flight attendant decision. I flew that route 19 times this year according to my spreadsheet - and definitely had coffee every time as I don't function in the morning without it.

Kmxu Dec 8, 2017 2:09 pm

FAs at certain UAX carriers are little lazier than the other. The water service only is just an excuse for not doing more. Why do not you write to UA? She will know what she will have to do next time when you meet her again.

fumje Dec 8, 2017 2:20 pm

I've encountered the 'don't want to brew a whole pot for the cr2' on evening flights, but in the morning it's a bit weird.

danieltran Dec 8, 2017 7:20 pm

Well i don't think it's a big deal since she has to do her job too, It's bad to say this but sometimes the ignoring thing they do is their way to keep their job. I don't see it has driven you to the point of unreasonable so ignore it and have good flights :)

seat38a Dec 8, 2017 7:56 pm

Having flown both UAX and Mainline, UAX service definitely lags those of Mainline.

WineCountryUA Dec 8, 2017 8:07 pm

Welcome to FT!, danieltran

Originally Posted by danieltran (Post 29151927)
Well i don't think it's a big deal since she has to do her job too,....

What job duty would that be?
Is reading PeopeMagizine a part of the job description?
Is there a mandatory rest period for 267 mile flight?

pviri Dec 8, 2017 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 29152042)

Is there a mandatory rest period for 77 mile flight?

^ Good question

garkster Dec 8, 2017 9:55 pm

Damn, they do more than that AUS-IAH (both mainline and UX), which is a lot shorter 143 miles vs. 267. Definitely lazy and definitely should write in to UA.

garkster Dec 8, 2017 9:58 pm

Is there a mandatory rest period for 77 mile flight?

If Monterey were only 77 miles from LAX, it wouldn't be Monterey. :D

WineCountryUA Dec 8, 2017 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by garkster (Post 29152279)
If Monterey were only 77 miles from LAX, it wouldn't be Monterey. :D

yep, wrong mileage MRY-LAX (267 miles), not MRY-SFO (77 miles)

JVPhoto Dec 8, 2017 10:10 pm

Is there a mandatory rest period for 267 mile flight?

Her magazine of choice was something about meditation...not sure how far she could get with that over how loud she was smacking her gum the whole flight and announcements.

I'll mention it on the post flight survey unless I don't get one. I wasn't going to make a post just about the coffee which was annoying but the looking me over and deciding to ignore the 1K freebie to me over the two older gents ahead of me is when I got a little miffed. (It was early!)

garkster Dec 8, 2017 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by JVPhoto (Post 29152304)
Her magazine of choice was something about meditation...not sure how far she could get with that over how loud she was smacking her gum the whole flight and announcements.

I'll mention it on the post flight survey unless I don't get one. I wasn't going to make a post just about the coffee which was annoying but the looking me over and deciding to ignore the 1K freebie to me over the two older gents ahead of me is when I got a little miffed. (It was early!)

Post-flight survey for SkyWest most likely doesn't get anywhere, probably just aggregated data that goes to who knows who. Even for UA mainline there's a disclaimer in the surveys that you should write in directly with the feedback if you want a response.