Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Terminal food options @ IAH

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2017, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Terminal food options @ IAH

Connecting a couple hours. All of the new United options in C (Bam Bam, etc.) are at best 2 star yelp’s (not that yelp is be all end all, but fall below 3.5 and food’s usually terrible). Hugo’s also a bust in International Terminal. Don’t even get me started on Landry’s. I guess I would concede Cat Cora is “OK”.

Hub in Denver has figured it out with Elways, Root Down, and some other consistently quality choices. Same with SFO, LAX, EWR. Houston is a Mecca for some great restaurants yet IAH devoid of anything edible.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 3:53 pm

Programs: United Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
I think the food at IAH is pretty good. I haven't tried any of the new options in C-North, but Pink's pizza in C, Whataburger/Panda Express/Third Bar in B, Breakfast Club in A?

https://houston.eater.com/2017/5/25/...tercontinental

Last edited by plc44; Dec 4, 2017 at 3:54 pm Reason: add link
Old Dec 4, 2017, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

You’ve highlighted some fast casual/fast food options. I’m talking about longer dining $$$ options.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 3:57 pm

Food is always subjective (and debates never end well!), but I have had good meals at IAH OTG restaurants.

I enjoyed my meal at Ember. Good cocktails too.

http://www.otgexp.com/now-landing-at-iah-c-south-e/
http://www.houstonpress.com/restaura...rants-10001686
Old Dec 4, 2017, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by aspena
Connecting a couple hours. All of the new United options in C (Bam Bam, etc.) are at best 2 star yelp’s (not that yelp is be all end all, but fall below 3.5 and food’s usually terrible). Hugo’s also a bust in International Terminal. Don’t even get me started on Landry’s. I guess I would concede Cat Cora is “OK”.

Hub in Denver has figured it out with Elways, Root Down, and some other consistently quality choices. Same with SFO, LAX, EWR. Houston is a Mecca for some great restaurants yet IAH devoid of anything edible.
Which terminal in EWR was that? I found the entire airport close to torture, and that is from someone that doesn't even really mind panda express, or even mcdonald's or subways.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 4:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Centurion lounge spread isn't bad and open bar
oopl likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 4:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Lowest level possible
Pappadeaux works for me.
BearX220, Xyzzy, mgmsteven and 8 others like this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen is a place I always visit at IAH, if I have the time.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/pappadeaux-...hen-houston-14
Old Dec 4, 2017, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1.75 MM
Pappadeaux is pretty good in my opinion. Ratings on Yelp and TripAdvisor concur. That's in E.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Good call on Pappadeaux. Forgot about that choice. Thanks!
BeckhamsTears likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Burrito place in the food court by the new side of B is pretty good, and is where we usually stop for food in IAH. I stay far away from C-North for food - anything with OTGs name on is not only less than mediocre, but requires an iPad to order which means substitutions or getting questions answered is a pain, and all at 5-star prices. It’s also why I won’t connect in EWR anymore unless I absolutely have to - since there are really no other options.

Havent been to Whataburger in IAH, but have in YYZ, and it’s not bad.

Best UA hub food by far is ORD, as nothing beats Frontera’s. If we need something on the go, CIBO does have decent salads. DEN also has some good food options, though I miss the option to get a Ben & Jerrys in B when I have a craving (it’s still in a, but need a long enough layover for that).
oopl likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 5:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by emcampbe
Burrito place in the food court by the new side of B is pretty good, and is where we usually stop for food in IAH. I stay far away from C-North for food - anything with OTGs name on is not only less than mediocre, but requires an iPad to order which means substitutions or getting questions answered is a pain, and all at 5-star prices. It’s also why I won’t connect in EWR anymore unless I absolutely have to - since there are really no other options.
OTG food is overpriced and since you can't easily substitute, I avoid it across the board.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Does United control what restaurants are in the Terminals they use? So that they are somehow responsible for the quality of the food there?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 5:53 pm

There's always the Centurion...
Old Dec 4, 2017, 5:57 pm

Programs: Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BlueZebra
Does United control what restaurants are in the Terminals they use? So that they are somehow responsible for the quality of the food there?
I would think it's the airport authority

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.